ADVERTISEMENT

19 All-Time Program Records were broken during off season workouts THIS OFFSEASON!

MikeRU1766

Junior
Mar 7, 2015
Now here is some AWESOME news. This means that we have some of the most explosive and strong players we have ever had and just as importantly we have players WHO ARE LOCKED IN during the off season and are working super hard to get stronger and better for next season. This is incredibly positive news and has me pumped up for the season.

I do wish they would tell us who and what records were broken...

All they gave us was Steve Longa broke the LB record and hit 605 on the squat.
Also, Chris Mueller broke the OL record by hitting 615 on the squat.

Hopefully the team goes just as hard this summer as they did in the spring! Let's go RU!

Yeah you would think people would be PUMPED UP about this news... this is the kind of stuff that means the swuad is working super hard during the off season and that they are all motivated and hungry!

The only thing I can think is that people read the NJ.com article themselves and therefore and no interest in reading the thread since they already read the article themselves.

Yeah you would think people would be PUMPED UP about this news... this is the kind of stuff that means the swuad is working super hard during the off season and that they are all motivated and hungry!

The only thing I can think is that people read the NJ.com article themselves and therefore and no interest in reading the thread since they already read the article themselves.

Mike, I guess posters can't spin the usual 'Fire Flood' into this post so they have no reason to respond.

Credit goes mostly to the players for putting the effort and dedication in and for stepping up to the plate to get physically ready for the upcoming BIG10 season. Another name that also deserves some credit is the strength and conditioning coach Jeremy Cole. He is an excellent motivator and also has the right kind of energy/aura around him that makes player excited to lift.

He is a big reason why Rutgers has been able to crank out all the NFL players that they have in recent history.

You should watch some of the Rutgers weight room videos if you want to see what I mean about him just having the right energy about him.

There seems to be a segment of posters here who refuse to click on anything with a NJ.com address. They wouldn't have read the article.

Also, no wonder Longa is such a FORCE on the defensive side of the ball. He is squatting practically just as much as the OL while being way faster and more explosive!

THIS is great news. You have to think that the first year in the B1G was a complete eye opener. From seeing the facilities at these schools first hand, to the size of the fanbases, to talent, size and speed on the field, I imagine the whole program and administration has a much better idea of what is takes to compete.

19 records in a very tangible, very relevant area like this is very encouraging. As a program continues to grow, these are the types of things that must happen if it is moving forward.

Nice job all the way around.

There were a lot of injuries the past 2 years in the off season and most of them came in the weight room I believe. 19 records is welcome news and let's hope the injury count is also a record (low). I also hope the weight records don't come at the expense of speed.

I guess someone had to poop on the parade. Wouldnt want things to stay positive too long, even just 1 thread.

How long have they been keeping records. Surely not back in my day on the banks but again I'm old. We didn't have computers except Fortran on Bush Campus. That was a nightmare!!!!

Why do you think that is?
NJ.com is the Star Ledger. A lot of people on the boards think the Ledger is very unfair in their coverage of anything Rutgers related, including sports. I really haven't paid enough attention to know, but some here have outright stated that they won't click on a link that goes to NJ.com, because they don't want to support them.

Reactions: trentonrufan
NJ.com is the Star Ledger. A lot of people on the boards think the Ledger is very unfair in their coverage of anything Rutgers related, including sports. I really haven't paid enough attention to know, but some here have outright stated that they won't click on a link that goes to NJ.com, because they don't want to support them.

Ohhhhh I see. Well I can't say I have an opinion either way as of yet, but give it time an I most definitely will!

And as of now I must say I do enjoy the work Todderick Hunt puts in.... He seems to always be around and it always asking about Rutgers so as of now I am a fan of his for sure. As for the other guys I don't have much opinion either way.... yet.

Now here is some AWESOME news. This means that we have some of the most explosive and strong players we have ever had and just as importantly we have players WHO ARE LOCKED IN during the off season and are working super hard to get stronger and better for next season. This is incredibly positive news and has me pumped up for the season.

I do wish they would tell us who and what records were broken...

All they gave us was Steve Longa broke the LB record and hit 605 on the squat.
Also, Chris Mueller broke the OL record by hitting 615 on the squat.

Hopefully the team goes just as hard this summer as they did in the spring! Let's go RU!
Good stuff

There were a lot of injuries the past 2 years in the off season and most of them came in the weight room I believe. 19 records is welcome news and let's hope the injury count is also a record (low). I also hope the weight records don't come at the expense of speed.
This is pure fiction. Name one weight room injury.

Well the kids know we got pushed around,particularly in the trenches, by some of the big boys last year. So they've taken that to heart and don't want to experience that again.

Would bet that it's easier to be motivated when you play PSU or UM and tOSU vs South Florida and Tulane.

It brings to mind some conversation I had with coaches and players last year. They were saying that Rutgers and the BE always stretched the truth about the size of their players. We add 10-15kbs to are real weight. But the B1G does the opposit. They are 10-20lbs bigger then they report. It is why playing them and seeing what we are facing is so important.

Reactions: bryanjints
It brings to mind some conversation I had with coaches and players last year. They were saying that Rutgers and the BE always stretched the truth about the size of their players. We add 10-15kbs to are real weight. But the B1G does the opposit. They are 10-20lbs bigger then they report. It is why playing them and seeing what we are facing is so important.
That's very interesting. But the question then is why would B1G teams underreport the size of their players?

Love hearing this. Hopefully this strength is also coming along with more overall mass on defense. We need to hold our own with the big uglies in the trenches.

ADVERTISEMENT