ADVERTISEMENT

2015-16 Schedule so far

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
As I see it I believe this is as schedule so far with probably 2 OOC games still to be added.

11/13 ?? Central Arkansas (H) as part of the MGM Grand Las Vegas Tournament
?? Howard (H) " " " " " " "
11/19 St. John's (A) Gavitt Games
11/23 Creighton (A) in Las Vegas semifinals
11/25 MA. or Clemson (A) in Las Vegas for the Championship or 3rd place game
11/30 Wake Forest (H) BIG10-ACC Challenge
12/5 Seton Hall (H)
12/8 Central Connecticut (H)
12/12 Geo. Washington (A)
12/20 Monmouth (H)
12/23 FDU (H)

two games to be added to the OOC

BIG 10 Games

Michigan State H & A
Ohio State H & A
Illinois H & A
Minnesota H & A
Nebraska H & A
Indiana H
Iowa H
Penn State H
Purdue H
Maryland A
Michigan A
Northwestern A
Wisconsin A

This makes for a pretty tough schedule. 29 games are known so far.

Excellent summary....dates change all the time, but that looks to be pretty accurate for May

Excellent summary....dates change all the time, but that looks to be pretty accurate for May

OOC is against all teams that are also middle to bottom of the pack in their own conference for 2015-16, all winnable games, we won't win them all, but if we are to show that we have more talent and are improved, all of these games should be close and winnable...can't have the low major beat us this year

Not an easy schedule early for a very young team. We could be looking at 3-6 out of the gate. Not in love with the pressure that could be on Jordan early. Rather see him getting his players acclimated to college basketball and not chasing wins to prevent a 7-8 win season.

I kind of like the schedule. A team cannot run away as chickens all the time. At some point we need to gain some confidence and make a stand. I think we have a good shot at St. John's as they have lost an awful lot. Creighton was near the bottom of the Big East and Massachusetts was an average team. We cannot play all pansies. We are playing a good schedule with a lot of name teams but we need to step up. If we can win a few of our early games we just might have more confidence. I think we need to play several guys and to press and speed up the game. Wake Forest is a home game which I think we can also win. We stepped up last year in the BIG10-ACC Challenge on the road and this year we need to win in our house. The Seton Hall game will be tough but they lost a lot too. We were embarrassed in last year's game. We need to show some pride at home this year. We should have more than 2 scholarship guards available against them this coming season. We fell behind when Williams picked up his second foul in less than five minutes and walk on's played at guard the rest of the first half and were pressed up & down the court. In no time the game became a blow out. This year SHU might have less guards than we will. I don't see any team on our OOC schedule that is light years ahead of us. Hopefully our guys can blend together well and we can win several in the OOC and continue to improve in the BIG 10 games.

Reactions: dollarbill
No Princeton and I doubt they will be added. I believe 2 more games will probably be added Hopefully they will be very winnable home games.

Not an easy schedule early for a very young team. We could be looking at 3-6 out of the gate. Not in love with the pressure that could be on Jordan early. Rather see him getting his players acclimated to college basketball and not chasing wins to prevent a 7-8 win season.

I do not think the schedule is all that tough....RU is being given reasonable challenges against teams close to their level. While SHU and SJU would appear stronger I expect RU to compete in those games

Any updates to Art's thread above?

Looks like per the dates above, we'll need to schedule 2-3 OOC games between 12/13 thru 12/19 and from 12/24 thru 12/31.

Copied and pasted for the past 3 years.....if chemistry is better and culture changes there could be enough talent to win 12-15 games.

If Sanders is 2/3 as good as advertised we will be more competitive than last year.

This is such a loser comment and I hate to make it but this season shouldn't be judged in wins and losses . We should be looking for competitiveness and signs that the program is heading in the right direction (both on the court and on the recruiting trail).

Reactions: higgins3
No doubt,Bsharf. If that competitiveness is there, it should translate to wins which would make the RAC a happy place.

I think I am traveling down to JSBL tonight. I will report how GL looks.

Is this the year that we begin to see the signature style of play that Eddie Jordan wants to put in place and recruit athletes to?

I can mention that the home opener will be 11/13. I don't believe there will be an open exhibition this season

BK - Thanks.....guess Central Ark will be the opener......

McKnight - thanks...forgot about UMass Lowell.......

Man that is pretty scary. That could possibly be a 5-7 win season.

That is a realistic number to me. I do think they could win in the big ten as well. Anything higher than ten and less than 22 is improvement to me. That is what matter. Greg Lewi, Omari Grier, Mike Williams-all reasons to think they could do it.

I might be the exception but I firmly believe we will go 8-5, 9-4 or 10-3 in the OOC. Many of those games are winnable. There are way too many negative Nellies on this board. We need some confidence for a change.

I might be the exception but I firmly believe we will go 8-5, 9-4 or 10-3 in the OOC. Many of those games are winnable. There are way too many negative Nellies on this board. We need some confidence for a change.

You mean people who actually watch the games? :)

This season will be better because now everyone gets a chance to make an impact

This season will be better because now everyone gets a chance to make an impact

Assuming 2 additional cupcakes are added, my over/under is 8 wins. This year is basically starting all over again. All we can hope to see is some promise and a team that improves through the year.

I think 8-5 non conference would be successful for such a young group...hope to win 3-4 conference games...anything over 12 wins is gravy

Per Carino: RU Newark will play at the RAC ON Friday 11/13......I presume this is a real game - and not an exhibition and hopefully then solidifies OOC schedule....

If so, my thought is EJ wants a weak opponent for teams' first game given all the new players, etc.......

Assume that for season ticket buyers, scheduling a game like this results in complimentary tickets to a meaningful game later in the season.

Per Carino: RU Newark will play at the RAC ON Friday 11/13......I presume this is a real game - and not an exhibition and hopefully then solidifies OOC schedule....

If so, my thought is EJ wants a weak opponent for teams' first game given all the new players, etc.......

That game needs to be played at the Barn.

Playing RU-NEWARK as an exhibition I could understand, but counting it as a real game is a bit weak. I understand Coach Jordan is rebuilding a program, essentially from the ground up. This type of scheduling is probably necessary but still hard to accept.

I'm hoping for 10 wins, but who can really say. This season is looking more like a throw away. Regardless, the 16-17' season looks to be the next step that we've been waiting for. We'll have depth and at least three players who could start on almost any team in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT