19 Oklahoma 8-5 407
20 Arkansas 7-6 377
21 Stanford 8-5 365
22 Arizona 10-4 299
23 Missouri 11-3 229
24 Boise State 12-2 190
25 Tennessee 7-6 166

Others Receiving Votes
Mississippi State 164; Texas A&M 149; Oklahoma State 89; Virginia Tech 70; Utah 40; Kansas State 37; Louisville 27; Nebraska 27; Minnesota 25; Penn State 20; South Carolina 18; Miami (Fla.) 16; Texas 8; Illinois 7; Duke 6; Air Force 5; Louisiana Tech 5; Marshall 4; Utah State 4; West Virginia 3; North Carolina State 3; Brigham Young 3; Florida 2; Georgia Southern 2; North Carolina 2; Maryland 1; Michigan 1; Kentucky 1; Central Florida 1; Cincinnati 1; Washington 1.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

Amway?

Are we now gonna have to sell cleaning products to earn Priority Points?

Or maybe there will be an email from Julie telling us that as part of our season ticket renewal obligation we have to sign up three additional season ticket holders...

So Flood didn't give RU a vote?

Illinois is getting some love because there is the thought they'll be better this year. With their schedule, PSU won't have to be great this year to have a good record.

Finally you're assuming these coaches have the time or energy to really consider who the Top 25 in the country will be. I'm willing to bet some don't even vote instead give it to someone to submit for them.

How the heck did so many teams with 5 loses or more last year make it to the top 25?

It is almost as if the HC don't actually vote and just let their interns who don't watch football fill out these ballots or something.

How the heck did so many teams with 5 loses or more last year make it to the top 25?

It is almost as if the HC don't actually vote and just let their interns who don't watch football fill out these ballots or something.
The interns watch more football than the head coach.

I mean interns who don't watch football.

What exactly did the two knuckleheads see in our complete domination of North Carolina in the Bowl game last year to warrant them Top 25 status for this year?

Do any of these coaches ever watch a game besides their own? And if they delegate this task, which I hear many do, do their underlings who vote watch any games either?

UNC, Maryland,Michigan and Illinois all with votes but none for RU. A putrid Penn State team knocking on the door of the Top 25.
What a sham.
put our schedule side by side with PSU's and it isn't much of a mystery why they are expected to have a strong season. They should win at least 9. But it is a winnable game for us especially if our qb play exceeds expectations. Nova had a real nice season last year but he gave that one away.

UNC, Maryland,Michigan and Illinois all with votes but none for RU. A putrid Penn State team knocking on the door of the Top 25.
What a sham.

Reminds me of being in the Big East.

8 SEC teams (10 in the top 30)
6 Pac-12 teams (7 in the top 30)
3 ACC teams (4 in the top 30)
3 Big 12 teams (4 in the top 30)
3 B1G teams (3 in the top 30)
Notre Dame and Boise State.

The SEC hasn't been the best conference the past two seasons, but the people who vote in the polls have yet to realize that.

What exactly did the two knuckleheads see in our complete domination of North Carolina in the Bowl game last year to warrant them Top 25 status for this year?

Do any of these coaches ever watch a game besides their own? And if they delegate this task, which I hear many do, do their underlings who vote watch any games either?

They were also picked as the team to watch by the ESPN talking heads at Media Day. I guess with not having to worry about trifle things like studying or going to class, they think their horrendous Defense will have a lot of time to improve.

They were also picked as the team to watch by the ESPN talking heads at Media Day. I guess with not having to worry about trifle things like studying or going to class, they think their horrendous Defense will have a lot of time to improve.
Well they did hire a damn good OC in the off-season.

ga southern is a real good team. By judging teams without seeing them we are practicing the same thing people do to us.
I watched them at least 3 times last year. I'm a sicker for 1AA or in their case former 1AA teams

Believe it or not, some teams get better year to year. I won't claim to know anything about UNC and their offseason/recruiting, but just because we destroyed them last year doesn't mean they won't be good this year

Good ol southern hospitality. They protect their own. The SEC coaches vote for the other SEC teams no matter what. The ACC coaches vote for the other ACC schools. I don't think you get that as much with the Big Ten schools and maybe some of the more northern ACC schools. I've sorted the voters by conference below.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
Good ol southern hospitality. They protect their own. The SEC coaches vote for the other SEC teams no matter what. The ACC coaches vote for the other ACC schools. I don't think you get that as much with the Big Ten schools and maybe some of the more northern ACC schools. I've sorted the voters by conference below.
Do they publish the individual ballots like they do for the AP poll?

Believe it or not, some teams get better year to year. I won't claim to know anything about UNC and their offseason/recruiting, but just because we destroyed them last year doesn't mean they won't be good this year

Absolutely agree with you that NC could be way better this year, but we will only know that after they have played games.

I am only questioning what a coach might have seen from last year, or heard about the off season to award them Top 25 status. That is a heck of a jump from last years performance.

100% this! It is a scam that worked in the BCS era. The playoff committee doesn't care about these polls at least.

100% this! It is a scam that worked in the BCS era. The playoff committee doesn't care about these polls at least.

Also as a follow-up, we all know Steve Spurrier has been throwing Duke a bone for years in the coaches poll. Well guess who South Carolina plays week 1? Would it shock anyone if he put them at 24?

What a sham.

You should know better than to worry about teams with a handful of votes. Anything 20 and under is just a few outliers tossing coaches, players or schools they like a bone or just trying to fill out the last few spots on a ballot.

ADVERTISEMENT