ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Projected Depth Chart ...

Just posted this on the Round Table.

OFFENSE

QB -- Rettig or Laviano (could Gio be used as a zone/read complement?)
FB -- Marquez or Kraut (I expect Marquez to win the job)
RB -- Hicks or Martin or James (Peoples still has value as 3rd down back; Goodwin should move to WR or DB; not sure what to do with Huggins if he returns)
TE -- Kroft (please stay), Arcidiacono, Lister, (don't sell Flanagan short though)

WR -- Carroo, Agudosi (poor guy, stuck behind a superstar)
WR -- Patton, Tsimis
Slot -- Grant, Peele (not sure he will return, but we really need him)
The true freshman will have a real opportunity at the WR position

LT -- Lumpkin, Heeman
LG -- Cole or Brodie
C -- Muller, Nelson
RG -- Miller, Brodie
RT -- Denman, Applefield
We could really use a JUCO on the OL for depth purposes

DEFENSE

DE -- Mera, JPO, Bedell
3T -- Hamilton, Joseph, Hogan
NT -- Wilkins, Wiafe (if neither Kirksey nor Stephenson return, we're suddenly in trouble here with Webb flipping)
RDE -- Turay or Lambert, Blue

WLB -- Longa or Taylor, Gopre (depends where Longa ends up)
MLB -- Longa or Liston, Russell (not sold on Liston, so Longa may move back IMO)
SLB -- Gause, Nash

CB -- Barnwell, Cioffi
SS -- Hester or Jacobs, Wharton
FS -- Stephenson, Hunt, Hampton
CB -- Boggs, Dailey or Lott (could true FR Blessaun Austin surprise here?)
Nickel/Dime -- Cioffi, Jacobs

Would be rough having to move Muller over to C. He's a machine at guard.

Originally posted by OC Knight:
Why would Peele not return? What am I missing here?
I have no inside knowledge, but he got suspended for the season because of a domestic incident, and with the way KF runs his "family" program -- and with the heightened scrutiny of domestic violence issues after the Ray Rice incident -- I don't think it's guaranteed that he will be back. I'm not equating the two incidents, but just talking about the environment that exists after the Ray Rice video.

Hopefully, Peele's career will end up like that of Justin Francis, who returned to have great success as a DL after a one year suspension, rather than that of Mike Larrow, who could not overcome disciplinary issues on and off the field.

Originally posted by Degaz-RU:

Originally posted by OC Knight:
Why would Peele not return? What am I missing here?
I have no inside knowledge, but he got suspended for the season because of a domestic incident, and with the way KF runs his "family" program -- and with the heightened scrutiny of domestic violence issues after the Ray Rice incident -- I don't think it's guaranteed that he will be back. I'm not equating the two incidents, but just talking about the environment that exists after the Ray Rice video.

Hopefully, Peele's career will end up like that of Justin Francis, who returned to have great success as a DL after a one year suspension, rather than that of Mike Larrow, who could not overcome disciplinary issues on and off the field.
Ruhann Peele's assault charge was dismissed after the accuser never showed up in court twice.

Obviously we don't know the details but because his charge was dropped in the legal system and he was already suspended for an entire season, I assume he would get a 2nd shot.

Source:

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/sports/colleg

After watching Martin and Hicks today you wonder about PJ's role no less Peoples and Goodwin. Rebuilding the OL is a key. I Hopefully a kid like Applefield might be ready to contribute next year. Miller and Denman seem the most likely to be ready to join Lumpkin and Muller.

Big Questions at OL and QB but if you believe in the star ratings, we should be good at both positions. I really like our team next year!

I am not that concerned about the Oline. Leave Muller at guard. We are replacing three guys with people who were highly rated and have been in the program for several years. We need three of the following guys to step up;

Brodie
Nelson
Denman
Cole
Applefield
Heeman
Miller

Miller and Denman have seen time and looked solid. Hopefully Nelson can win the job at center. I like this line;

Lumpkin
Miller
Nelson
Muller
Denman

Cole
Brodie

DT is a major concern if Stephenson doesn't come back.

I believe that our most significant concerns would be at the OL and the QB positions (tell me if you haven't heard that one before). Even our much-maligned secondary doesn't have as many concerns. We'll be starting an unknown quantity at QB. And, who will be blocking for him (or that awesome stable of RB's)? An almost entirely revamped OL. I'm sure we've got talent at the OL but it's going to take time for them to gel, and that's a concern.

This may not be the best for the team because Hamilton was solid as a 260 lb DT, but the team kind of owes it to him for staying. His best chance for NFL success is to gain a lean 25 pounds and move over to DE. At the very least, Flood should give him some looks at the position next year.

Hoping retting takes the job and runs with it. Would be nice if the accolades are legit and he's got three to play three. Regardless we'll be young there.

Predictions:

1. Rettig wins the starting job
2. Kroft stays
3. Starting OL: Lumpkin, Miller, Nelson, Muller, Denman
4. Goodwin transfers or moves back to CB
5. Fridge retires and McDaniels becomes the OC

No inside information on the last one...just a feeling.

If PJ is healthy, he starts. Hicks and Martin are good backs and they'll be great backs. PJ is a great back when healthy. But they'll all play.

I think Joseph moves to NT and with Wilkins, they handle the spot well.

With a decent OL, and I think we will have one, James, Hicks, and Martin should light up the scoreboard. Whoever the new QB is, he is very lucky to have that powerful a running game.

I love the hot stove league of any sport not just baseball. We have a lot of talent that we have not seen yet and that always excited me. Yes some will fail that we had great expectations for but that is all part of the game...
awgs... I agree with the Gopre post. I am told that he and his partner Ports from high school in Newark are just a couple of junk yard dogs. With Turay already on his way to stardom it looks like we may finally cash in on the wonderful demographic known as Newark, N.J......
This post was edited on 1/2 1:55 PM by FELONIOUSMONK

Originally posted by RUinPAC10land:
This may not be the best for the team because Hamilton was solid as a 260 lb DT, but the team kind of owes it to him for staying. His best chance for NFL success is to gain a lean 25 pounds and move over to DE. At the very least, Flood should give him some looks at the position next year.
Hamilton has said multiple times that he is a DT. Since this is his last year that may change. Brian Leonard switched to FB to improve his draft position and to be the complement to Ray Rice in the backfield.

Peele will be back with the team in the spring. The only question for him is on what side of the ball will he return. I expect him to be back at WR with Goodwin switching to DB but you never know.

I'd like to see some 3-4 looks next year. Hamilton is a great DE in the 3-4 and I think JPO would be good too. We have plenty of LBs. Only problem is we need a stout NT for the 3-4. Also Nash may be a DE.

Weighing in before signing day -

OFFENSE

QB -- Rettig, Laviano
FB -- Bergen, Marquez, Kraut
RB -- Hicks, Martin, James, Peoples
TE -- Arcidiacono, Flanagan, Lister

WR -- Carroo, Agudosi
WR -- Patton, Peele, Tsimis
Slot -- Grant

LT -- Lumpkin, Heeman
LG -- Brodie, Cole
C -- Muller, Nelson
RG -- Miller,
RT -- Denman, Applefield

DEFENSE

DE -- Mera, JPO, Bedell
3T -- Hamilton, Wiafe, Hogan
NT -- Joseph, Wilkins
RDE -- Turay, Lambert, Ford

WLB -- Longa, Taylor, Gopre
MLB -- Lewis, Johnson, Liston
SLB -- Gause, Nash

CB -- Barnwell, Austin
SS -- Jacobs, Hester
FS -- Stephenson, Hampton, Clayton
CB -- Cioffi, Boggs

Originally posted by RU at the shore:

OFFENSE

QB -- Rettig, Laviano

WR -- Carroo, Agudosi
Slot -- Grant

LT -- Lumpkin, Heeman
LG -- Brodie, Cole
C -- Muller, Nelson
RG -- Miller,
RT -- Denman, Applefield

DEFENSE

DE -- Mera, JPO, Bedell
NT -- Joseph, Wilkins

SLB -- Gause, Nash

CB -- Barnwell, Austin
SS -- Jacobs, Hester
CB -- Cioffi, Boggs
Are Bedell, Waife, and Hogen even close to ready. At least there has been some murmur about Wilkins. No peep about Ford. Gopre may not get here. Have not hear about Clayton either, although have heard some positives on Hampton. Seems like Cole and Applefield are progressing but no word on Heeman.

Originally posted by RU at the shore:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFENSE

QB -- Rettig, Laviano

WR -- Carroo, Agudosi
Slot -- Grant

LT -- Lumpkin, Heeman
LG -- Brodie, Cole
C -- Muller, Nelson
RG -- Miller,
RT -- Denman, Applefield

DEFENSE

DE -- Mera, JPO, Bedell
NT -- Joseph, Wilkins

SLB -- Gause, Nash

CB -- Barnwell, Austin
SS -- Jacobs, Hester
CB -- Cioffi, Boggs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Bedell, Waife, and Hogen even close to ready. At least there has been some murmur about Wilkins. No peep about Ford. Gopre may not get here. Have not hear about Clayton either, although have heard some positives on Hampton. Seems like Cole and Applefield are progressing but no word on Heeman.

You haven't heard anything about Ford and Clayton because they are not in school yet. They arrive in June.

Originally posted by AirMcNair1217:
Predictions:

2. Kroft stays

wow... good call on #5.

Originally posted by jay_hq:

Originally posted by AirMcNair1217:
Predictions:

2. Kroft stays

wow... good call on #5.
But whiffed on #2. (Oh, the bad jokes abounding in my mind - "whiff", "#2".)

1 and 1 so far.

JPO to D-Tackle I read somewhere?

Myles Nash to the R.

For video game depth charts, which would the R and E be for defensive ends. LE or RE?

ADVERTISEMENT