ADVERTISEMENT

247 has our class up to #38 for 2015

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
It seems as if our recruiting class has moved up from not even being mentioned to #38 in the nation by 247 sports. I feel that Diallo and Ryan Johnson should also be included with this recruiting class as they had to sit out this past season and I don't think they were included on the 2014 list when teams were ranked. Either way with Johnson and Diallo as red shirt freshman we will have other freshmen in Goode, K. Johnson, Laurent and Sanders. That makes for six freshmen. This seems exciting to me. I know the team will have tough times but things definitely are looking up. With Sanders a four star and Freeman recently being classified as a four star I cannot remember the last time we brought in two in one class.

It seems as if our recruiting class has moved up from not even being mentioned to #38 in the nation by 247 sports. I feel that Diallo and Ryan Johnson should also be included with this recruiting class as they had to sit out this past season and I don't think they were included on the 2014 list when teams were ranked. Either way with Johnson and Diallo as red shirt freshman we will have other freshmen in Goode, K. Johnson, Laurent and Sanders. That makes for six freshmen. This seems exciting to me. I know the team will have tough times but things definitely are looking up. With Sanders a four star and Freeman recently being classified as a four star I cannot remember the last time we brought in two in one class.

Art, Greg Echenique and Mike Rosario were four-star recruits in 2008.

I am really curious what Rivals would rank us. They just recently made Freeman a 4 star, and there are only a 100 or so 4 stars for 2015, so that most assuredly puts him in the Rivals Top 100. Two 4 stars plus two 3 stars plus an unrated kid in Goode should put us in the top 30 knocking on the door of the top 25.

The 2011 class had two 4* recruits on rivals in Jack and Seagears (three according to TOS- Jack, Mack, Seagears). I believe RU had 5 top 150 recruits in that class. One of Rice's problems is that he did not recruit well after that.

EJ has done well with this class. He just needs to keep bringing in 3-4* recruits every year, develop them, and keep them in the program. Watching how guys like Foreman, Williams, Diallo, Doorson, etc... develop will be key.

Really wish Rivals did more to improve how they monitor basketball recruiting. Curious to see where our class would be ranked nationally. #38 is excellent...if we can put together multiple top 40 classes...that is how you break though over a few years time and make the dance.

Virginia Tech
Rhode Island
Arizona state
East Carolina
Tennessee
Tulsa all offered Deshawn Freeman and I think Seton Hall did also quite a while ago.

Virginia Tech
Rhode Island
Arizona state
East Carolina
Tennessee
Tulsa all offered Deshawn Freeman and I think Seton Hall did also quite a while ago.

Respectable if not overwhelming list of offers. I understand, though, that often JUCOs have a more limited market than HS recruits. Should be interesting to see what type of player his is next year. Since he's a JUCO, he should start producing quickly. His window to produce is only two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT