ADVERTISEMENT

A '23 Commit!

We must have done it at the same time. It was not there when I started writing. I don't know how to take it down.

Bottom video shows a lot of offensive skill and a nice shot. I like this recruit.

Last edited:
If Jillian is anything like her older brother we will be in good hands. Fundementally sound shooter and passer. I like what I see.

Lots of information posted in this about her. Lots of people viewed the info (500 views) but no one commented. Kind of strange, I agree.
Really don't have anything to add.
Tried to find out her player rating and couldn't find if she's a 3 or 4 star .
Did find this
Shen grad Jillian Huerter commits to attend Rutgers University, play women's basketball – The Daily Gazette
https://dailygazette.com/2022/09/28...nd-rutgers-university-play-womens-basketball/

Reactions: RU MAN
Really don't have anything to add.
Tried to find out her player rating and couldn't find if she's a 3 or 4 star .
Did find this
Shen grad Jillian Huerter commits to attend Rutgers University, play women's basketball – The Daily Gazette
https://dailygazette.com/2022/09/28...nd-rutgers-university-play-womens-basketball/
Most opinions we would get are only based on ratings or who else offered. Not looking at a film and giving an opinion about how a recruit actually plays the game or looks on film. Even if it's just highlights.

This commit has a nice game based on the film. A coaches daughter who is is probably fundamental sound. She is tall with long arms which will probably help her defend passing lanes. Looks like she has a nice shot, which, hopefully, will help spread the court.

Last edited:
Most opinions we would get are only based on ratings or who else offered. Not looking at a film and giving an opinion about how a recruit actually plays the game or looks on film. Even if it's just highlights.

This commit has a nice game based on the film. A coaches daughter who is is probably fundamental sound. She is tall with long arms which will probably help her defend passing lanes. Looks like she has a nice shot, which, hopefully, will help spread the court.
Most likely. The point is, I know good college basketball when I see it, and I can pick up on the talent of various players in a college game. I have no competency with high school or AAU basketball. I don't know what ratings service to trust, either.

I would be left with "reported ranking" and other offers. Not knowing what other factors influenced who she was considering, even that is suspect. In this case, the other teams are certainly respectable, but not top shelf. I would consider that a good get, but how good won't be known until she plays here.

Since my knowledge is so limited, that's why I don't typically comment on recruits. Really never have.

Most likely. The point is, I know good college basketball when I see it, and I can pick up on the talent of various players in a college game. I have no competency with high school or AAU basketball. I don't know what ratings service to trust, either.

I would be left with "reported ranking" and other offers. Not knowing what other factors influenced who she was considering, even that is suspect. In this case, the other teams are certainly respectable, but not top shelf. I would consider that a good get, but how good won't be known until she plays here.

Since my knowledge is so limited, that's why I don't typically comment on recruits. Really never have.
I somewhat agree with you. Not enough data with many recruits out of the top 100. But for all the posts on this board over the last 2-3 months about every transfer candidate from East bumble on down. I would think some positive momentum on a 4 year player from good lines would at least warrant a congratulatory response. She is the youngest of a family of four and the fourth D1 player. With one sibling being a 4 year NBA vet.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Looking forward to seeing how she plays at the Kent School this season, and if her knee remains healthy after the torn meniscus in 2021. Hopefully she'll be 100%.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT