ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of juice on the board this week

WGLTAUD

Junior
Mar 28, 2006
I freaking love it. Good to see so much action and information flying around in recruiting. Hopefully we get the ball rolling on 2016 tomorrow.

Reactions: RUKeystone
Jordan and staff are a good job going after players. Most of us, except a few Jordan haters thought he would do a good job getting players. First you get the players them you teach em how to play and win.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUMountie
I am very very encouraged...

I think year 3 Eddie has a nucleus of players at ALL positions on the floor...and its time, one or two pieces a year, to focus on UPGRADING the nucleus with a player at our weakest position on the floor.

If we do that...we will be on the move as this nueclus hits their junior and senior years...in year 5 and 6 of the EJ regime.

Reactions: RUAEPI and JQRU91
It's amazing how one or two of these recruits could turn out program around. What happens when a potential Kew Parker and Deriante jenkins commits here?Bashir Ahmed, hello. If a bashir ahmed was able to commit here, we have Laurent backing him up. Just the depth would really have a chance at pushing us over the top.

We're going to make it out of the bottom.
RRRRRRR

Remember all the people claiming EJ was too lazy to be a college coach, and that his staff was not working to recruit talent? Amazing how the perspective has changed. The kids still need to actually come and do their job, but its impossible to say the staff isn't working at this point.

Remember all the people claiming EJ was too lazy to be a college coach, and that his staff was not working to recruit talent? Amazing how the perspective has changed. The kids still need to actually come and do their job, but its impossible to say the staff isn't working at this point.

They all abandoned the board because there is nothing negative to post about....they'll be back if something happens, like a player stubbing a toe getting out of the shower....they'll blame Jordan and staff and ask for Danny Hurley to be hired.....lol

Reactions: BLewis1968
I Remember. I remember all the thoughtless jabs a week or two into season one. That roster was bottom of the AAC in talent and chemistry. I remember the absurd notion that EJ could not coach on the college level. I remember also that it was EJ's offense that got the NJ Nets to back to Back Conference Championships. Makes you wonder about why and how guys came to those conclusions. But no matter. I believe in this coach, this staff, this AD and this Board.

The Shoes Vetrone hire seems to have had a big impact on how Eddie and staff go about recruiting, for the better.
Agreed. I think Shoes is making a difference in recruiting as the players we seem to be in on now are far superior to what we saw in the last couple of years.

I Remember. I remember all the thoughtless jabs a week or two into season one. That roster was bottom of the AAC in talent and chemistry. I remember the absurd notion that EJ could not coach on the college level. I remember also that it was EJ's offense that got the NJ Nets to back to Back Conference Championships. Makes you wonder about why and how guys came to those conclusions. But no matter. I believe in this coach, this staff, this AD and this Board.

And they all slammed the Shoes Vetrone hiring, even though he was described as a recruiting Shark.

This is the way a fan board should be....guys supporting the team, the coach, the AD. Leave the negativity at home. Okay to express concerns but the over the top negativity is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: treauRU
And they all slammed the Shoes Vetrone hiring, even though he was described as a recruiting Shark.

This is the way a fan board should be....guys supporting the team, the coach, the AD. Leave the negativity at home.
I posted that Wenzel loved the Shoes hire and got abused. Lots of uninformed folks with opinions.

Agree....that approach has always baffled me. Don't post to engage in any positive conversations but come back like pack rats at the slightest hint of anything negative.

Agree....that approach has always baffled me. Don't post to engage in any positive conversations but come back like pack rats at the slightest hint of anything negative.

Not only that, but the whole time telling you how fantastic they are and that they've been fans for 25 years blah blah blah, and everyone else is just peons who don't understand anything.

I'm still convinced half of them are lifer SHU trolls. That's dedication.

Chill guys. There's certainly reason for some optimism but are your memories that short? Did the last 2 months of the season not happen?

Let's take care of the teams we're supposed to take care of in the non conference part of the sked and go from there.

No need to beat up anyone who cares about the program even if they're not slurping the Kook Aid as fast.

Last edited:
It was supposed to take time to make RU MBB better.
Then it was taking too long to show improvement
I think it's on a slow but steady pace towards success.

When Fast Eddie was hired some said it would take about 7 before RU was successful program.
I called that a bunch of BS and said it shouldn't take that long.
Then allowed myself to be convinced it would be around 7 years for Rutgers to be considered a successful program.
Next thing that happened , on this board, was those who convinced me started saying it was taking Jordan to long
to build a successful program and that was before Eddie's 2nd season was over.

So all I can say is: you'll never know what's going on in RU fans minds, but love it when I see positive thinking
and things are starting to look up for RU MBB going into Jordan's third year as HC.
Maybe I was right at the beginning of Eddie's tenure and RU fans will taste success before the 7 years are up !

WGLTAUD

Let's chill here a little

I have been supporint Eddie since day one...saying he needed time to clean up the mess and lockerroom...and revamp the roster...and get his staff in place

He came in May...had no time to get his preferred staff....and had to try to start from zero on the Class of 2014 players (Foreman, Williams, Doorson, Diallo) who had a 2 year head start, while building ground up relations with the class of 2015 and 2016 kids the right and normal way

However...the process is not even close to being over. The roster has a nice nucleus...but it is YOUNG, YOUNG, and EVEN more INEXPEREINCED. And none of them have the benefit of seeing how its done before them that was successful to get over the hump.

There will be a LOT of bumps next season...but we will see progress. And even if we get Parker, and some others...while we will have talent, we will still be young the year after.

Its going to take, in the big ten, getting this nucleus grown up into junior and senior years to have a shot to get to the dance. Anything less is just not realistic. Remember Jay Wright with Foye, Allen, Sumpter, and Frazier...took til their junior year to start going places...and only after they added Nardi and Lowery in ensuing years

But, the process is started and it good stuff...

We just need to be patience...help Eddie land the players...and be patient has he grows up. The path to getting back to the NCAA will not be a straight line...

Hope people are patient this year....

Shack, I never said we'd be going to the tourney next year, but things are looking up. You can't help but be positive about what Eddie's been doing the last two seasons in recruiting. If Parker comes here, I think it will definitely raise our profile with other recruits early for the 2016 class.

I think most people are with you. We understand that this is a process. Just because we aren't at the end of the race, doesn't mean we can't enjoy the journey.

Reactions: treauRU
I am optimistic. Hope kids like Foreman are in weight room to join Sanders and Freeman next year.

Season one? How about this spring?

I'm a doubter, but have a short memory - I hope Eddie does it.

We need more Sanders and Parkers - you cant get there at this level with under the radar recruits.

But its easy to declare victory in July - need to start winning a little -

Can we be competitive this year and get above .500 in year 4? that to me is progress

Should be a good week folks....the bar has been raised a bit with recruiting news but enthusiasm should not be dampened because of what's happened in the past....Parker, Ahmed and Jenkins all move the needle on talent potential and upgrading what we have in place.

Reactions: JMD77
Should be a good week folks....the bar has been raised a bit with recruiting news but enthusiasm should not be dampened because of what's happened in the past....Parker, Ahmed and Jenkins all move the needle on talent potential and upgrading what we have in place.
I'm always a big fan of your posts, but is this conjecture or do you have some info? And is Parker the only 1 we should expect or are there other real possibilities -such as the names mentioned?

Can you expound on your post?

Reactions: RUKeystone
This is my first post on an RU bball board since Fred Hill Jr. hired. I was a Water Pressure Guy and had season tickets prior to getting on the full time football wagon. With Cory Sanders and meeting Coach Jordan on the RU bus tour, I am jumping back in the deep end and will be again a season ticket holder. Bball was always my favorite games when I was at RU and glad to be back fellas.

I am just expecting improvement this year as the season goes on and hopefully surprising a team. I think this is going to be like 2004 season in football when I saw improvement and was really excited about the team although I was a season ticket holder since the end of the Graber years. Keep the information flowing since I have about 8 years of catching up to do on our program.

Good to be back.

Let's go guys, Big Time 4 Star recruit and we're talking about Leroy Butts and MAC talent. The days of recruiting players from Deerlick Michigan are over.

We look good for Rashond Salnave, De'Riante Jenkins, and Bashir Ahmed.

Things are looking up, not back.

What's everyone think about the impact of Parker commit on Salnave? I'd like to have both, but need a sf (Ahmed ?) first

What's everyone think about the impact of Parker commit on Salnave? I'd like to have both, but need a sf (Ahmed ?) first

Tons of guards next year. Salnave is 6 1 by a lot of sites. We could use a couple 6 4+ shooting guards. Sure, we can have quick small guards but size always helps.

I think we look harder into Ahmed. For guards next year we have in no specific order-Sanders, Nigel Johnson,Justin goode, mike williams,kwe parker.I'd like to think Ej has Sanders/Johnson/Parker as pg play, and Mike Williams, Good as sg play.

He's definitely going with what he knows. If you think Parker will play Sg, just look at what Jordan did with Myles Mack. Mack played sg with Rice, but Jordan knew he would never make it to the next legel as a 5 9 shooting guard. He transitioned him to a pg. I think he will do the same with Parker.

I am not involved in knowing a lot of details on any visitors, but I believe we will have a good number of kids here for Washington State, Kansas games in September and perhaps Michigan State in early October.

Regarding what options are out there, we have 3 spots currently available and one of the 3 could technically be a late (very late addition to 2015 class)....I don't see it happening, but when looking at recruiting, it appears we could be looking at a 4 player 2016 class (Parker plus three others).

Ahmed and Parker with the bulk of the roster in place would definitely do wonders. Ideally, you land one of the two (Ahmed as a JUCO) and Deriante Jenkins as a true frosh...Jenkins is now headed to Hargrave, so he's in familiar territory for our staff in VA.

Getting both Jenkins and Ahmed with Parker is the ultimate scenario, although it may appear to clog up the front line, it really doesn't. Ahmed would be a junior with DJ Foreman and Freeman would be a senior with Jenkins as a Frosh....the wild card is Diallo as a soph and Doorson as a junior in the 2016 season.

Ideally an NCAA bubble team looks and feels like a roster with all three pieces (Parker, Ahmed and Jenkins), so if you are extremely greedy, you want all 3....more realistic mindset is not to expect two top 100 or 75 kids and a top flight JUCO all in one class. A great job has already been secured with Parker, just time to build on it.

Sensing a very confident vibe from the ground level and people I'm hearing from. Freeman and Parker has definitely sent a signal of a changing of the times in and around RU hoops. And it can be built upon now, while we forecast the future revenue ensuring that these efforts will be supported down the road with real dollars hitting the athletic departments bottom line.....the revenue numbers I'm hearing rumblings about for the TV deal for football is absurd.... with Ohio State poised for a back to back title and Michigan State being a Top 10 program and now Harbaugh attempting to clean up the mess left at Michigan gives you three bonafide story lines for the conference. Add in Penn State, Nebraska, Wisky, and the additions of RU and Maryland improving the prospects and suddenly there is a definite wave that says this is a Top 3 conference in both sports.

All of these success stories are being sold on the trail....and I cannot promise anything from my living room or office typing these posts, but a lot of the items deserving praise need to be hitting that drum very loud right now. The whole September environment on game days for football really sets the table for these recruits on student enthusiasm and school excitement. It's very much a factor that helps our cause. Lots of positives buzzing right now folks....

Reactions: TheRacRU and ejgonz
ADVERTISEMENT