ADVERTISEMENT

ABC/ESPN B1G prime-time games to be announced at 3 p.m.

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
Anyone think there's a chance RU gets one?

Since we got the two BTN prime-time games, I'm going to say no.

Ohio State and at Wisconsin are possible, but I tend to doubt it.

If we don't tank, I think there's a good shot one of those tilts get a 3:30 ABC slot, though.

No chance. RU still does not have enough cache for Prime Time on ABC.

Didn't we have primetime last year vs Ohio State? 3:30 on ABC?

Not on Saturday. 1pm and 3:30pm are definitely "primetime" slots on Saturday. I will agree that with CBS featuring SEC games at night, Saturday night games are now also "primetime".
You might consider them prtimetime, but the rest of the world considers primetime to be primetime, and this announcement I can be virtually certian, will feature only night time games.

Remember these will be Big 10 and home OOC primetime(which is night games) only. If you play an OOC game on the road against an ACC team(like NU plays at Miami) it won't be included until that conferences primetime schedule comes out.

WOW. Wasn't expecting that. Mixed feelings. Its AWESOME to get a primetime game on a national stage against the best team around. But If we are gonna get stomped I would like it to be on a Saturday morning on RVision. Hopefully we shock the world. Waiter, more 'Pandemonium' please?

Wasn't my wish. Actually pretty surprised. 3 out of 8 conference games in prime time is huge . Hope we prove worthy.
There's actually another game. Another tweet by McMurphy has Mich St. at Nebraska also in there. I don't know if they'll be more.

So that's 2 night games at home this year (so far).

Michigan State on 10/10 @ 7pm and now Ohio State on 10/24 @ 8pm.

On Saturdays, no less. None of that Thursday night nonsense.

God I love being in the B1G.

Reactions: SanFranRutgers
Not on Saturday. 1pm and 3:30pm are definitely "primetime" slots on Saturday. I will agree that with CBS featuring SEC games at night, Saturday night games are now also "primetime".

Dude...Primetime means "at night", 7 nights per week.

I think you are confusing national tv slots for Saturday games at Noon or 3:30 pm as Primetime...when they are not...as they are just "national" games played during the day.

So that's 2 night games at home this year (so far).

Michigan State on 10/10 @ 7pm and now Ohio State on 10/24 @ 8pm.

On Saturdays, no less. None of that Thursday night nonsense.

God I love being in the B1G.

Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan aren't even in the top 3 most exciting games next year. Think about that.

OSU @ home night game
PSU on road night game
MSU @ home night game

that's nuts, my poor liver for those games.

Oh my...hide the women and children if we're playing half way decent leading up to the game....atmosphere should be epic...

Looks like I may have to change my signature...

That is if the new message board had carried it over...

Called it weeks ago!

This will be the craziest environment yet. RU fans made quite an impression last year vs. PSU and Michigan.

ESPN has taken notice. Awesome

That game should have an EPIC crowd!

Hopefully, Rutgers can use that to keep it as close as possible.

Love the fact that we get to beat OSU on national TV - SWEET!!!

Wow i'm going to try to make it to the tOSU vs RU game, it's my favorite team vs my home state team.

Look, there's no way we win that game. But for the next 6 months we can dream. Imagine what HPSS wold be like IF we managed to replicate 11/9/2006. Would make the needle move on the Richter scale.

11174209_1081677768528533_5839956416436202805_o.jpg

Look, there's no way we win that game. But for the next 6 months we can dream. Imagine what HPSS wold be like IF we managed to replicate 11/9/2006. Would make the needle move on the Richter scale.

When it's said there is no way for RU to win a game , I say upsets happen.
Dream or believe, but never give up on RU having a chance to win, no matter how slim that chance is: >Upsets Happen< :)

ADVERTISEMENT