ADVERTISEMENT

Ad hires . Water down BBall role and add Football resource?

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
(copied from Scarlet_Scourge post on Football Forum)

March 2, 2015
PISCATAWAY, N.J. - Rutgers Athletic Director Julie Hermann today announced the promotion of Kevin Lorincz to Senior Associate Athletic Director for Communications and the hiring of Hasim Phillips as Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations/Football.

Lorincz has been at Rutgers since 2007, serving as the school's primary contact for men's basketball and men's and women's golf in his previous role as Assistant Director of Athletics/Communications.

He will now oversee the athletic communications staff for all 24 Rutgers sports in addition to continuing as the primary contact for men's basketball.

"Kevin will provide tremendous leadership and collaboration for our media team as we continue to rise to the opportunities the Big Ten Conference provides," Hermann said. "He's an energetic and experienced performer who will be another great teammate for our Executive Staff."

Prior to coming to Rutgers, Lorincz was an Associate Athletic Director at Temple from 2001-2007, working as the primary contact for football.

"I'm grateful to Julie and the senior staff for providing me this opportunity," Lorincz said. "To lead an athletics communications department at a Big Ten school located in the nation's largest media market is just incredible. I look forward to working with our student-athletes, coaches and administrators to brand and promote our program."

Phillips, a 2004 Rutgers graduate, returns to his alma mater to serve as the primary media contact for football after working as a Communications Manager for The Madison Square Garden Company since 2012.

He began his career in athletic communications at Rutgers in 2004, serving as an assistant until 2007 before becoming an Assistant Director for Athletic Communications from 2007-11.

He was elevated to the role of Associate Director of Athletic Communications from 2011-2012. During his first stint at Rutgers he served as the lead media contact for women's basketball.

"It's great to bring Hasim back to Rutgers," Hermann said. "He's an exceptional talent and will do a fantastic job with our football program."
Link: http://www.scarletknights.com/genrel/030215aaa.html 3/2 12:17 PM | IP: Logged
This post was edited on 3/2 12:35 PM by 1984

as I said on fb board its seems positive that those with RU background were hired
This post was edited on 3/2 2:03 PM by ru66

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT