ADVERTISEMENT

Ahmir Mitchell----Better off somewhere else

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
Not a team player. There is no " I "in Team. This guy actually thinks the OSU-Michigan rivalry is being played out in his recruitment? Talk about an ego

Ahmir_SoDevoted ‏@TheDeuce_2_Nice 2h2 hours ago

The Rival lives on to my recruitment... Where will "I" go
1f4ad.png

CLdAdK3W8AAu1H4.jpg

Last edited:
He's a kid. If he doesn't make the nfl these next few years will be the best of his life.

Reactions: LC-88
Stop being so butt-hurt and grow up OP. It's his decision, not yours. He can go wherever he wants.

Reactions: Knight_Light
No poopie it's his decision al my love. No poopie he can go where he wants al my love.

I'm talking about the ridiculous self promotion and thinking is this guy about him or about team? I have seen lots of guys publicize their recruitment....but I don't think I ever seen anything like this.....just my opinion, if you don't like it just skip the thread.

Last edited:
No poopie it's his decision al my love. I'm talking about the ridiculous self promotion and thinking is this guy about him or about team? I have seen lots of guys publicize their recruitment....but not like this.

He's a high school kid enjoying the attention. He's got some of the best schools in America chasing him, so he's feeling good. If you don't like his self promotion, then don't follow his twitter. Pretty simple.

If you don't know what you are talking about....don't say anything. But then again, you are the king of making up stupid stuff in your posts. I don't follow him, it was retweeted and his picture and huge font size almost covered the entire screen. Is he being recruited or recruiting boosters?

Last edited:
Who does these graphics for these kids ? I know neither teams fans thought to make this

Themselves or a buddy, it is not that hard. There are programs with effects that can be applied to photos with a single click. it is always the same effects.

Stop being so butt-hurt and grow up OP. It's his decision, not yours. He can go wherever he wants.

Sorry Al...but your antics over the years prevent you from ever criticizing another poster

By my estimation, based on the embarrassment you have brought to our fan base on these boards, you need to be the 'perfect poster' for about a decade before you can give anyone crap for anything

And I am being kind.

Is it a surprise ??..who's fault is it? You have adults pouring adulation and fawning over 15, 16, 17 year olds..treating them as if they are NFL all stars that have accomplished great things by just being who they are. You have discussions on the internet by thousands of people who are obsessed with the day to day thoughts of people in HS. It's what our culture produces and it's only going to get worse.

If you don't know what you are talking about....don't say anything. But then again, you are the king of making up stupid stuff in your posts. I don't follow him, it was retweeted and his picture and huge font size almost covered the entire screen. Is he being recruited or recruiting boosters?

I'm not going to worry about what a. recruit who isn't considering Rutgers tweets, because I have better things to do.

You're the clueless one, bitching like a girl and posting stupid stuff, because he hasn't been considering Rutgers for quite some time, which is why your OP is idiotic. Here's a news flash - I and he don't care what you think. Attacks on recruits, like yours, are when this board is at it's worst.

If a benign retweet makes you so upset that you feel compelled to complain here, maybe you can't handle twitter.

Reactions: RUwoz
Rutgersal, thanks for checking in. Without attacking said individual, one does have to get the feeling that these kids think their individual decision is worthy a video exiting a plane, a times square bill board, or is part of a "rivalry" before they step on the field, which does demonstrate a large ego.

That said, without attacking the OP, coaches very much consider recruiting of individual players as part of a "rivalry". UM and OSU go at it every yr over players. PSU and RU, "not yet a rivalry" go at it.

Rivalries start at recruiting, carry on into games, and then on the chat boards when the games are done. I have no issue with OP reacting, but do not fully agree, with his position, but I do agree with his right to post it and engage in what would hopefully be a healthy discussion. OPs View of better of elsewhere, which based on his name could mean...not at Rugers, or maybe "not at OSU" would be great to understand.

OP are you happy to see him at OSU or UM, if so which one and why? But lastly ego or at least confidence is a key ingredient most of these athletes need to succeed.

It's a good thing for Mr. Mitchell he is better at catching passes than he is at using proper grammar and punctuation. Can't wait to see Ronnie James light him up when he comes across the middle in a couple of years.

I think Phil Campbell will really be "snot bubbling" guys across the middle in a couple of years. (Snot Bubble was a term used by ex-Giants LB Carl Banks who said it was when you hit a guy so hard the snot bubbled out of his nose.)

Not a team player. There is no " I "in Team. This guy actually thinks the OSU-Michigan rivalry is being played out in his recruitment? Talk about an ego

Ahmir_SoDevoted ‏@TheDeuce_2_Nice 2h2 hours ago

The Rival lives on to my recruitment... Where will "I" go
1f4ad.png

CLdAdK3W8AAu1H4.jpg
Oh well. Hope RU doesn't waste as much time on NJ kids determined to leave in future years. Shame we gotta root against them since they're going in the division.

New coaches are exciting to the NJ kids - psu and MI. osu of course as national champions. Think this year is tougher than normal to recruit with shiny new coach in Michigan and osu national champions. We might have a much better chance if psu, MI and osu do not live up to their lofty expectations due to the coaching changes and national championship.

If this was my kid I would advise him not to tweet something like that. I think you can be confident, have some fun with your recruitment, but also show some humility.

If a kid goes elsewhere only the coaching staff is to blame. Not the kid.

Doesn't have a commitable OSU offer........he's going to Michigan. good luck to him except when he plays Rutgers.

Doesn't have a commitable OSU offer........he's going to Michigan. good luck to him except when he plays Rutgers.
Except for injury I wish him nothing but the worst on the football field. Kid needs to come down to earth and realize he's just another awkward teenager in the grand scheme of things who seems destined to contribute nothing of great lasting value to the benefit of the human race, If he's going to a conference rival, I can't wait to see our guys destroy and embarrass him on the football field. I know this sounds harsh but I agree with the OP that this kid is acting like an asshole.

Sorry Al...but your antics over the years prevent you from ever criticizing another poster

By my estimation, based on the embarrassment you have brought to our fan base on these boards, you need to be the 'perfect poster' for about a decade before you can give anyone crap for anything

And I am being kind.

Excellent post....right on the money.

I'm just curious. How many of the............"He is dead to me if he doesn't go to Rutgers" ........tell anyone who will listen that the player is from New Jersey after he makes it big in the NFL?

He has that many tattoos already???? Also, he lookes like he's about 35 years old in that picture.

OSU is not taking Mitchell and Michigan has 22 in the class already so he better move fast if he wants in.

why do people get so upset about this stuff? just like with your own children, it would be great if they all came to Rutgers and kicked ass for us, but its a personal choice in the end and they can act as silly as they want on their twitters which you are following.

LOL-
Chop and Al going at it!
I love it when I'm not involved, it's entertaining to me!

Zappaa.....Why did RutgersAl come out swinging like that? If he did not agree with my post he should just skip it. Instead, he came at me really hard and aggressive. Like he was hitting the heavy bag over the weekend and wanted to continue the fight and I was the target. :boxing:

I was just making a commentary on how ridiculous recruiting and self promotion has become and used Mitchell as an example. Next thing I know....RutgersAl is taking shots at me.

Last edited:
HIs brother was also a top athlete and he seems lost at Arkansas. You would have thought that his brother's experience might have caused him to possibly back away from a place that it is going to be difficult to see the field such at Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT