ADVERTISEMENT

All of a sudden, we have a ton of guys to play the 1-3

PhilaPhans

Best Poster Ever!
Apr 23, 2005
Gibbstown, NJ
To follow up on my "OMG, we only have 1 PF" thread ... let's look at the 1-3.

Ryan Johnson
Kejuan Johnson
Jonathan Laurent
Bishop Daniels
Mike Williams
Justin Goode
Corey Sanders

And that's before even getting to any of the walk-ons or other possible incoming guys.

So I have a few questions:

1.) Who would you consider Corey's backup?

2.) Can any of Johnson/Johnson/Laurent play minutes at the 4 if we go small? Or are they just too small to bang around the paint and defend larger 4s?

3.) Who do you think starts at the 2 and 3?

4.) Any redshirts this year?

Coreys backup- Mike Williams,Batie, Goode. Can't see Daniels controlling the ball well enough to play pg.

2. Kjohnson if anyone. Laurent and rjohnson would be undersized at the 4.

3 Lots of competition here. I think Williams starts at 2 and Laurent at 3.

We're very young. It will be interesting to see how the 2-3 plays out.

With the loss of Mack,Jack and Etou it will be very difficult for Rutgers to score 60 points a game.There aren't enough go to scorers and far too many complementary players.The need for a productive power forward might be the biggest team weakness .

Daniels probably will start but I hope Williams starts. Daniels commits way too many turnovers compared to Williams and next year is his last year. He penetrates often but is often out of control. Williams is much better on defense and makes few turnovers and will be here 3 more years.

SHore, like knights said, daniels is turnover prone. If you don't keep possession, you will not win games.

I give the nod to WIlliams.

I do agree that Daniels turned it over too much last year, but I feel he will improve on this and gives us much better scoring.

Daniels has the size and athleticism to be in the nba. As long as he figures out his passes and learns how to control his pace, he could be a huge asset to us.

He could make his game a lot easier on himself by just learning 2/3 things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT