ADVERTISEMENT

another idiot RU prof bringing shame to our University

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't even make sense. For one thing, I fail to see any "argument". I asked the guy a simple question and he went into a fit of obfuscation and insult as a way of refusing to answer.

For another, I think the belief that career academics with no real-world experience - who, in fact, resort to belittling those with real-world experience - are in some way inadequate is more widespread than you might care to admit.

There was a discussion of what constitutes a topic falling under the umbrella of academic freedom. From that there was a disagreement about whether the tweet was pertinent to the academic/research role of the Dr.Kumar. LevaosLectures provided citation of published work that he believed to be consistent with the subject of the Tweet. You keep on Asking LevaosLectures to defend the positions of Dr. Kumar as if they were his own. They are not his own. He has made clear many times. What he is arguing is that Dr. Kumar's role with Rutgers should be protected under academic freedom. You seem unable to grasp that and want him to defend Kumar's tweet. No one is doing that and I suppose that frustrates you because you want a liberal strawman to attack. No one is biting.

You asked a question out of left field that made it sound like you hadn't bothered to read anything. He did not obfuscate. He clarified his position and called you out on the fact that you were the one who was derailing the discussion. He didn't have to answer your question because what you were asking about was not his words.

As for the last part. I don't care what your position is. You should be able to stand by it whether it held my billions or you alone. But others have the right to mock you.

What's the point of introducing an obvious strawman into the discussion? Seriously. I want to know. Because in light of your previous post suggesting that I was losing some ostensible argument, you're making yourself look like a total moron.
I'm teasing Cali because he likes to do that sort of thing. He argues that way all the time. I'm just holding a mirror to him to frustrate him.

There was a discussion of what constitutes a topic falling under the umbrella of academic freedom. From that there was a disagreement about whether the tweet was pertinent to the academic/research role of the Dr.Kumar. LevaosLectures provided citation of published work that he believed to be consistent with the subject of the Tweet. You keep on Asking LevaosLectures to defend the positions of Dr. Kumar as if they were his own. They are not his own. He has made clear many times. What he is arguing is that Dr. Kumar's role with Rutgers should be protected under academic freedom. You seem unable to grasp that and want him to defend Kumar's tweet. No one is doing that and I suppose that frustrates you because you want a liberal strawman to attack. No one is biting.

You asked a question out of left field that made it sound like you hadn't bothered to read anything. He did not obfuscate. He clarified his position and called you out on the fact that you were the one who was derailing the discussion. He didn't have to answer your question because what you were asking about was not his words.

As for the last part. I don't care what your position is. You should be able to stand by it whether it held my billions or you alone. But others have the right to mock you.

Apparently you have the same reading comprehension problem that he seems to have (and that you both accuse me of having).

I didn't ask him to defend Kumar's position. I asked him for his opinion on one specific line item. It wasn't anymore "out of left field" than 80% of the posts in any of these threads.

Now, I will admit to it being something of a leading question, because I expected that had he answered the question his answer would have been wrong. But the point was that since he saw fit to dismiss the experience of those individuals in the thread who have actual, "on the ground" experience with Middle Eastern politics and culture, then he should be made to suffer for his lack of practical understanding.

It's true! The Ramsey pool really is the gold standard of municipal pools. I suppose the hundreds of Ramsey residents out enjoying the day today are all poor losers who suffer from feelings of inadequacy because they don't live in Franklin Lakes or something, but darn it if we didn't have fun.

Off to meet wifey at Kinchley's for some pizza now. Gotta love summers off when you're a lazy, gold bricking, Stalinist college professor with no real world skills like me!

Why is that the right wingers here immediately have to personally insult? When you are losing an argument, or make things up, like the whole Condi thing which you have developed into a beautiful victimization narrative, that is not a good solution.

And as usual it's moronic. There are a lot of places in NY/NJ where small homes, condos or townhomes don't have pools or roof for it and are worth millions.

Not to mention, aren't you supposed to pretend that your party cares about those who are not rich? Shouldn't you promise him how one day if the Kochs can pollute into enough lakes while paying no taxes that that will trickle down to him in some unexplained and never before happened fashion?

Reactions: MidwestKnights
I think Obama actually hates America . Only president in my lifetime that I've heard speak where that is evident . Even the guy Obama is tied for as worse president , jimmy carter, was all America compared to this guy.

Now was the destruction the lowest unemployment in 40 years or killing Bin Laden or strongest dollar in decades or stock market through the roof?

Oh I forgot, your hero is the guy who sold weapons to Bin Laden and Iran and Central American gangs and raised taxes for everyone. Whoops forgot teabaggers live in opposite land...

Where are you a college professor and what do you teach?
Apparently you have the same reading comprehension problem that he seems to have (and that you both accuse me of having).

I didn't ask him to defend Kumar's position. I asked him for his opinion on one specific line item. It wasn't anymore "out of left field" than 80% of the posts in any of these threads.

Now, I will admit to it being something of a leading question, because I expected that had he answered the question his answer would have been wrong. But the point was that since he saw fit to dismiss the experience of those individuals in the thread who have actual, "on the ground" experience with Middle Eastern politics and culture, then he should be made to suffer for his lack of practical understanding.

Give it up already. It's sad.

Why is that the right wingers here immediately have to personally insult?

LevaosLecture called out 2 posters in the 1st 10 posts in this thread... asking one how many books on the subject they had written and calling another one stupid.

It never fails to amuse when when the liberal cult accuses the right of using their stock and trade tactics.

Reactions: vkj91
Also, it's amazing how easily inaccurate information is spewed. Condoleeza Rice was not dis-invited to speak. She chose not to speak. Rutgers was welcoming her. It's an important nuance that these Fox News folks didn't care to pick up on.

That is correct. She CHOSE not to speak.

Like it or not many universities(Cornell for one) dont even allow anyone from the Bush Admin to be ON the potential speakers list.

LevaosLecture called out 2 posters in the 1st 10 posts in this thread... asking one how many books on the subject they had written and calling another one stupid.

It never fails to amuse when when the liberal cult accuses the right of using their stock and trade tactics.

And although he eventually apologized, he lobbed a bomb my way telling me that I "obviously didn't know what I was talking about" and about my "unfinished degree." And all I was asking him to do was to expand on his position beyond "because I said so."

Just what I thought. Surely some community college that is driving the faux arrogance of this dope.

As if I would share details about my personal life with a classit sh*tstain like you. Just accept your beating and find a new thread to pollute with your unique mixture of ignorance and illiteracy.

Didn't I have a thread on this on the CE Board?

Anyway,playing Morgan State in 2017 is still a bigger issue for me.

As if I would share details about my personal life with a classit sh*tstain like you. Just accept your beating and find a new thread to pollute with your unique mixture of ignorance and illiteracy.

I'm going with unemployed and living with wife in mommy and daddy's basement. Assuming the wife part was real of course.

Sharing that you would get lambasted by your wife for spending $10 a month without asking is much more personal than telling us what community college you work for. In addition, your adventures to the public pool and Applebee's for dinner would be classified as such, as well.

I see why you are getting so testy. You've been destroyed up and down this thread. Expectations are that it will continue. Lastly, if you are going to lob the illiterate grenade, proof read your posts before doing so. Clearly you haven't, or maybe you just struggle with the written word. Either way Clubber, let me give you some advice- accept the obvious and move on from this. It's embarrassing in every way for you.

Reactions: RUScrew85
This thread has become a sh!tstorm of personal insults.

Why haven't it been close yet? It has run it's course.

It's all too common- and it's a big reason why I post here much less frequently these days.

You can count on this board for personal insults, partisan bickering, and self congratulation - either express or implied. What value does that add to a discussion? Why do the same people repeatedly get into mean-spirited personal arguments with others?

Reactions: MidwestKnights
The good thing is - no one outside of Rutgers grads really notices this stuff. I mean they might see it on the news, but for the most part, they wont remember this afternoon who said, and by tomorrow they will have forgotten that it was said at all.

Exactly. We're very self-conscious of all things Rutgers-related, but it won't stay in the minds of people outside of RU. It's an asinine comment, but hardly the big deal that some are making of it.

And although he eventually apologized, he lobbed a bomb my way telling me that I "obviously didn't know what I was talking about" and about my "unfinished degree." And all I was asking him to do was to expand on his position beyond "because I said so."

That's not appropriate but the pool comment by others had nothing to do with anything and was pure self congratulatory nonsense. There is a tendency by some on this board to turn political debates into a debate about what is in reality, alleged personal achievement, as most of the board does not know each other. I think the NYC Banker type I bang so and so comments are fun, but trying to use that type of argument in this type of thread, which truthfully was one of the more mature political ones, was not called for by those who did it.

I wasn't remarking on the "you're stupid" remarks because those are everywhere including and especially in the actual football discussions and will be back September 5 noon EST.

That's not appropriate but the pool comment by others had nothing to do with anything and was pure self congratulatory nonsense. There is a tendency by some on this board to turn political debates into a debate about what is in reality, alleged personal achievement, as most of the board does not know each other. I think the NYC Banker type I bang so and so comments are fun, but trying to use that type of argument in this type of thread, which truthfully was one of the more mature political ones, was not called for by those who did it.

I wasn't remarking on the "you're stupid" remarks because those are everywhere including and especially in the actual football discussions and will be back September 5 noon EST.

I think the pool stuff is pure and quite obvious nipple twisting and really doesn't bother me. But nothing really bothers me. If you insult me, I'll insult you back. If you don't, I won't. I come from a strict position of don't dish it, if you can't take it. I also tend to not get overly pissed off about guys on message boards...but that's just me. I think the idea of attempting to moderate a higher level of discourse on OT threads is, to borrow my father's favorite expression, shoveling shit against the tide.

That's true. This discussion was not too bad in comparison, was actually about RU, so it is sad to see it turn to that but surely it is inevitable in many respects.

That's true. This discussion was not too bad in comparison, was actually about RU, so it is sad to see it turn to that but surely it is inevitable in many respects.

That I agree with. Any thread that reaches 4 pages is pound to end in flames. lol

My father in law has his own pool. Seems like a pain in the ass. And it isn't full of comely milfs like the Ramsey pool.

My father in law has his own pool. Seems like a pain in the ass. And it isn't full of comely milfs like the Ramsey pool.

It's an enormous pain in the ass.

It's an even more enormous pain in the ass when you realize the kids are pretty much grown and nobody uses the friggin pool anymore.

It's the most horrific pain in the ass when you get home after 4 days in Florida on business and the pool is green and the wife says "oh... yeah... I forgot all about that..."

I couldn't say for sure whether or not I'd do it again, given the chance. I guess it's like everything else - when you have a use for it, it's great.

I disagree. Maybe it is because I live in a climate where it can be used year round so winterizing it need not happen. That seems like a bother. Pool labor is real inexpensive, so that isn't a pain either.

As for milfs, well, there will be a bunch of them, as well as milfs in training over Sunday. No, I'm not taking pics. At least none I'm posting here.

Kids are grown, but grand-kids are in pool when they visit, wife uses it just about every day.
Upkeep is a drag, but use a pool service for basics to make it a little easier to maintain.

what did you guys do? All smoke a joint at about 8pm tonight ? :pimp:wow, the :victory:fest broke out... [cheers]

Reactions: MADHAT1
This type of speech is not limited to Rutgers. It happens throughout academia. A few years ago, I attended a conference at the University of Chicago where several speakers blamed 9/11 on American greed and racism. The hatred for American life and American culture knows no bounds among the university elite.
This has been true since the 1960s.

As William Buckley once said, it would be better if the US Government were run by the first 2000 people in the Boston phone book than by the Harvard faculty.

It's an enormous pain in the ass.

It's an even more enormous pain in the ass when you realize the kids are pretty much grown and nobody uses the friggin pool anymore.

It's the most horrific pain in the ass when you get home after 4 days in Florida on business and the pool is green and the wife says "oh... yeah... I forgot all about that..."

I couldn't say for sure whether or not I'd do it again, given the chance. I guess it's like everything else - when you have a use for it, it's great.

I'll second the pain in the ass.

As for the lack of milfs in your pool, you need to have a chat with your kid about picking friends with better looking moms and inviting them over to swim...not that I would EVER consider such a diabolical scheme

That is correct. She CHOSE not to speak.

Another poster said "Rutgers welcomed" hear appearance....which really couldn't be farther from the truth.

For those that choose to forget what happen for those 90 days...here's a nice recap article:

How Condoleezza Rice's Rutgers commencement appearance fell apart in 88 days

NEW BRUNSWICK — When the first rumbles of dissatisfaction with Condoleezza Rice's selection as commencement speaker began to ripple through Rutgers University in February, the former U.S. Secretary of State remained silent.

As Rutgers faculty groups began to pass resolutions and issue statements calling for her to be "disinvited" from graduation because of her involvement in the Iraq War and the Bush administration's approval of waterboarding, Rice said nothing.

She also stayed quiet when Rutgers President Robert Barchi defended her selection as commencement speaker in a letter to the campus in March.

But, by last week, with Rutgers students waving signs calling Rice a "war criminal" during a sit-in outside Barchi's office and professors planning a "teach-in" about her war record, it had all become too much.

See link for complete article:

http://www.nj.com/education/2014/05...ncement_appearance_fell_apart_in_88_days.html

Reactions: Caliknight
zappaa said:
"What's more difficult to maintain at a high level, a pool or a cabin cruiser?"

I'd say : any pool that was large enough to hold a cabin cruiser , would be harder to maintain than the cabin cruiser in it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT