ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Russo - Let's do this!

Duncan, seems to think it will be Russo, and he is lobbying the coaches to take two based on an article i saw today.

It means that Duncan communicat
What is this post supposed to mean?

Duncan communicated Russo will commit to RU today, and that he Duncan, is pushing Rutgers to take 2 QBs this year, he still wants to come here. My understanding of this is based on an article that i read.

did he send out a "save the date" the way the others have for their announcements? any idea what time today he will be announcing?

did he send out a "save the date" the way the others have for their announcements? any idea what time today he will be announcing?

My understanding is that his parents are waiting for their Rutgers Athletic Department pre-hire background checks to complete.

(Kidding)

Reactions: PhilaPhans
Bobby/Shawn said 2:15/2:20pm-ish when this all came about.

EDIT: Oops, premium info from a bit ago. I keep forgetting which board I'm on when replying to a topic. Not that it'll be a surprise on Twitter in about half an hour.

My understanding is that his parents are waiting for their Rutgers Athletic Department pre-hire background checks to complete.

It would be pretty funny to see how the board reacted if it came out that Russo's mom is about to be hired as an assistant recruiting director or something at Rutgers.

Appreciate the post, but when you said "Duncan seems to think" and "Duncan communicated Russo", you are assuming we all know who Duncan is. I figured it out--Duncan is another QB prospect from South Carolina. But it is beyond me why he would communicate that Russo will commit to RU today, unless he is friends with Russo.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ck_steven_duncan_updates_where_he_stands.htmlTwitter say 2:20 pm
Appreciate the post, but when you said "Duncan seems to think" and "Duncan communicated Russo", you are assuming we all know who Duncan is. I figured it out--Duncan is another QB prospect from South Carolina. But it is beyond me why he would communicate that Russo will commit to RU today, unless he is friends with Russo.

That is a lot clearer than what you said upfront. Duncan is another QB RU was looking at. It would appear that based on some conversations he had with the staff he did not get an offer over the weekend. He was hoping to get an update from the staff according to published reports. Based on the article online, he seems to have drawn the conclusion that Russo will commit, hence he has received no offer from Rutgers.

Come on over to NJ and let's drive this offense to a B1G championship!

Brace yourself:

* If he commits "he's no 4 star and just another mediocre player in a mediocre class".

* If he goes elsewhere "FIRE FLOOD!!"

Reactions: taudelt73
When he does well here the same people will say how great we are at identifying under the radar talent like Burton.

I would like either of these guys. Both would be great & both will be big time QBs
Based on what? You can say the same about 4-5 stars but you don't know. However when you see other recruits with 40 plus offers the odds of them being better than a recruit with 4 1/2 of which aren't D1 (Russo) are greater. I don't see how you can say Duncan will be a big time QB especially since he has no P5 offers.

Reactions: bmejnes
You win with those who commit and stick to it. The rest you have to win on your fantasy team.

So did he choose RU or what? I like this kid. Seems like he's a terrifi fit for our scheme.

Feel better about Russo than Rescigno. Although both are two stars, getting a QB now must mean the staff at least think he's competent. Rather than being desperate for QB last minute with no offers.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Based on what? You can say the same about 4-5 stars but you don't know. However when you see other recruits with 40 plus offers the odds of them being better than a recruit with 4 1/2 of which aren't D1 (Russo) are greater. I don't see how you can say Duncan will be a big time QB especially since he has no P5 offers.
I don't think there is any doubt that Haskins is more coveted than Russo but the problem with measuring commitments is that you have no way to verify it. The people who can actually make an offer cannot confirm that offer unless the player signs. Offers are reported by the amount of hype a kid brings to himself. I'm pretty sure that Dare who didn't report many offers probably had actually more than that kid Hallmon in 2014 who decommitted and was listed as having 50 but ended up at NIU. Trusting the hype that a 17 year old creates about himself is a tricky business. I think the only way for the coaches to function is to completely ignore other offers and trust their talent evaluation.

Does two 2 star QBs make a 4* ??

Recap - Under Flood - 4 QB recruits, none of whom had a single offer from a top 75 team. Not a way to build a program unless you're in the Patriot League. But hey, we beat out Monmouth and UConn for our most recent commit - and that's two more offers than our last two QB recruits had...combined.

Reactions: RU#1fan
Recap - Under Flood - 4 QB recruits, none of whom had a single offer from a top 75 team. Not a way to build a program unless you're in the Patriot League. But hey, we beat out Monmouth and UConn for our most recent commit - and that's two more offers than our last two QB recruits had...combined.

Do you really think this is necessary on the day the kid commits?

Once again you clearly illustrate that you are a classless jerk

How many offers did you have to join other boards? I'm pretty sure this board was your only offer. Show some solidarity.

Congrats to Anthony. I'm glad he wants to be a Scarlet Knight. Hopefully he will do very well.

Do you really think this is necessary on the day the kid commits?

Once again you clearly illustrate that you are a classless jerk
Please stop confusing a fan board with an official recruiting page. This is a place where fans come to express their opinions. It is not a "Welcome to Rutgers" board. Stop taking this board so seriously.

Please stop confusing a fan board with an official recruiting page. This is a place where fans come to express their opinions. It is not a "Welcome to Rutgers" board. Stop taking this board so seriously.

Recruits and their parents read this board

If you don't see a problem with someone trashing a recruit when they commit to the program...well then that speaks volumes about you.

If they read an anonymous fan board and take anything away from it, that's their problem. Your assumption that they do is a bit delusional.
Where did he "trash" the kid?? The comment was to the Rutgers staff who has done a bad job getting top recruits.
It's a great day for this young man but it is not a great day for Rutgers. There is a big difference.

If they read an anonymous fan board and take anything away from it, that's their problem. Your assumption that they do is a bit delusional.
Where did he "trash" the kid?? The comment was to the Rutgers staff who has done a bad job getting top recruits.
It's a great day for this young man but it is not a great day for Rutgers. There is a big difference.

It's the exact same thing

Sad that you can't see that.

I'm gonna end this here, don't want to stoop to your level

It's the exact same thing

Sad that you can't see that.

I'm gonna end this here, don't want to stoop to your level
Oh please get over yourself! Your so important to this program because you post such kind things to people you have never met or even know.
Recruits don't care about my opinion or yours or anyone else on this board. You have the problem with the reality of what this board is about.

Completely classless. Please find another team to supposedly root for. This board is, at times, unreadable due posts like this. I think Rutgers would be "cured by winning" and cured by having less classlessness among "fans." You can think what you want and talk Like this in a non-public forum but in my opinion you don't post something like you did on the day the kid commits. God awful.

Does two 2 star QBs make a 4* ??

But , maybe, one or both can move up to be considered a 4* with a great senior year in HS.
Right now I'm going by the higher(3)) star rating that 247 has Anthony at.
Since sites rate players differently at times, I go by the higher opinion for RU commits ( like Anthony Russo) and feel better about for it.:D.

But , maybe, one or both can move up to be considered a 4* with a great senior year in HS.
Right now I'm going by the higher(3)) star rating that 247 has Anthony at.
Since sites rate players differently at times, I go by the higher opinion for RU commits ( like Anthony Russo) and feel better about for it.:D.
We should be happy with every kid that comes to Rutgers. We shouldn't be blasted for wanting better.

Reactions: drewbagel423
We should be happy with every kid that comes to Rutgers. We shouldn't be blasted for wanting better.
Agree wanting better is no problem, but mocking them or putting down a commit, isn't a nice way to do that.
But that's just my opinion and maybe some people I think are mocking recruits don't see it that way.

Agree wanting better is no problem, but mocking them or putting down a commit, isn't a nice way to do that.
But that's just my opinion and maybe some people I think are mocking recruits don't see it that way.
I dont see anyone mocking any recruit on this thread. People just want to get more recruits that are more likely to make Rutgers a winning team in the Big Ten.

Reactions: bac2therac

Wanting better doesnt have to mean denigrating what you have. Pointing out a kid's 2 stars and adding them together and pointing out a kid's lack of offers (cured ) on the day he chooses Rutgers is putting the kid down whether you choose to believe it or not. It shows lack of class. Hiding behind the excuse that an anonymous message board is not read by recruits or is meaningless does not make these actions any more classy nor acceptable. You are free to do what you want and we are free to react to what you do on this board and call you out when you are being a jackass.

Wanting better doesnt have to mean denigrating what you have. Pointing out a kid's 2 stars and adding them together and pointing out a kid's lack of offers (cured ) on the day he chooses Rutgers is putting the kid down whether you choose to believe it or not. It shows lack of class. Hiding behind the excuse that an anonymous message board is not read by recruits or is meaningless does not make these actions any more classy nor acceptable. You are free to do what you want and we are free to react to what you do on this board and call you out when you are being a jackass.
I didn't mock this kid. Nobody called this kid out. The conversation is about the current staff not taking advantage of being in the Big Ten. I've said many time before that I never begrudge a kid his choice of any school he wants to attend. But overall you can't bury your head in the sand when Rutgers has gained no advantage of becoming a Big Ten member.
The reading comprehension skills on here suck by so many. My point about anonymous board was about those that think kids cares about what some guy/gal posts on here. We are not a part of the recruiting process, period.

I didn't mock this kid. Nobody called this kid out. The conversation is about the current staff not taking advantage of being in the Big Ten. I've said many time before that I never begrudge a kid his choice of any school he wants to attend. But overall you can't bury your head in the sand when Rutgers has gained no advantage of becoming a Big Ten member.
The reading comprehension skills on here suck by so many. My point about anonymous board was about those that think kids cares about what some guy/gal posts on here. We are not a part of the recruiting process, period.

The point is simply this - you and others (such as CureMySyphilisRU) take the opportunity to express your message in every single thread.

We get it. You have issues with Flood's recruiting. There's no one here who doesn't know that you have issues with Flood's recruiting. There's no amount of you whining about it that's going to change either the fact that you have issues with Flood's recruiting or the fact that everyone on the whole f*cking planet knows about it.

So maybe, if there's a thread welcoming a new recruit, you and the endlessly complaining asshole, et al, could limit your complaining to the 352 threads in which you're already complaining.

The point is simply this - you and others (such as CureMySyphilisRU) take the opportunity to express your message in every single thread.

We get it. You have issues with Flood's recruiting. There's no one here who doesn't know that you have issues with Flood's recruiting. There's no amount of you whining about it that's going to change either the fact that you have issues with Flood's recruiting or the fact that everyone on the whole f*cking planet knows about it.

So maybe, if there's a thread welcoming a new recruit, you and the endlessly complaining asshole, et al, could limit your complaining to the 352 threads in which you're already complaining.
Ive been in no threads welcoming a new recruit. I think it is silly that this board is consumed with their worth in the recruiting process. I'll say welcome aboard to every parent in person at the Scarlet Walk. In person. Not behind a an anonymous person with a funny screen name. If people really believe they have an impact in recruiting than they should use their real name on here and not some phony name on here. You and I have screen names but so many know who we really are. We are huge fans of this program and would love to see better. The leap from 2001 to Nov 2012 is mind boggling but this program is not taking advantage of the opportunity that we have thought would come about from the miracle of being a member of the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT