ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Russo ranked #2 at elite 11 heading into day 4

From the Elite11 Twitter Page:

CJZqMhdVEAAX6LH.jpg:large

CJZqMhdVEAAX6LH.jpg:large

What's amazing is that Russo was ranked #73 !!!!! best pro style QB as compared to Haskins (#5) and Peters (#9). The other 3 B1G QBs did not make this list. AR seems well positioned to make the final 11. Keep it going.

Last edited:
That's a helluva local group representing, but of course my money's on Russo and his ability to recruit more players to Rutgers.

he should be ranked higher than JG after this event. He not only put up better numbers in the season, he also out-camped him head to head.​

can flood and his staff recognize talent? certainly seems so

Looking at that kids Twitter, he is all in on RU. There isn't a reason to be concerned until there is a reason. There isn't a reason.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Looking at that kids Twitter, he is all in on RU. There isn't a reason to be concerned until there is a reason. There isn't a reason.
I would agree but again and again kids change their mind and NSD is a long time away. Hopefully he keeps his word and I think he will at this point because most QB' s are already committed elsewhere.

Hope he can work on Claypool a little (a lot) in Beaverton; this should certainly get his attention.

Yea, but how many stars does he have? How many people tweeted about him during his junior year? Isn't that all that matters? Isn't that how you win the national championship?? :chairshot: \

Way to go Anthony, this is what it's all about!! In Flood we trust!

Reactions: Rokodesh
It's Sincere. I like RU and I want you guys to do well. I hope you guys can keep Jersey/northeast guys at home. Would rather see you guys do well than Maryland or PSU.

Read Russo's quote in this SI.com article about his take on the word "commitment". Let me know if he's likely to de-commit. The Rutgers offense is a great fit for this kid and he knows it. Most of the top programs have already identified their Class of 2016 QB. It's late in the ballgame for QBs.

One can say the possibility of a kid de-committing from any program can happen until the LOI is signed. Some kids more than others, and Russo is a kid that gets it. He is very unlikely to go back on his word.

http://www.si.com/college-football/...otball-recruiting-commitment-language-meaning

Reactions: Knight Shift
Blitz should apologize openly to the kid. Along with a number of other people.
Get your story straight. I have NOT posted a SINGLE negative comment about ANY of the 2016 recruits. And for the record, I was happy with the Russo commit and wanted him over anyone else but Haskins.

Read Russo's quote in this SI.com article about his take on the word "commitment". Let me know if he's likely to de-commit. The Rutgers offense is a great fit for this kid and he knows it. Most of the top programs have already identified their Class of 2016 QB. It's late in the ballgame for QBs.

One can say the possibility of a kid de-committing from any program can happen until the LOI is signed. Some kids more than others, and Russo is a kid that gets it. He is very unlikely to go back on his word.

http://www.si.com/college-football/...otball-recruiting-commitment-language-meaning

But you can be certain that some big time programs will get into his ear. Will he listen? I hope not. But we have had guys the last few years who appeared as solid as could be and then jumped to bigger programs. Obviously we did offer him before JG and Haskins made their selections. There is no dispute about that. We were also actively recruiting JG since Schiano was here and had been in contact with Haskins the last few years. Russo was a relative new comer who had not played a lot of football. Has Russo accepted the offer the day it was made, RU would have kept recruiting JG and Haskins. I don't think anyone wants to dispute that fact. Had JF or Haskins committed, very likely RU would have cooled on Russo. I think at the end of the day, we are very happy with Russo and will retain him but there will be worry right up until commit day.

I'm happy for the kid but unhappy at the same time. With this kind of exposure it's only a matter of time before other schools start to take notice and offer. I hope we can keep him, would be huge for our program to land an elite 11 finalist

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT