ADVERTISEMENT

Any guesses on the spread vs. Indiana?

LeapinLou

Heisman Winner
Jul 25, 2001
I think the point spreads will come out tomorrow. I'm thinking RU -6.

Looks like 3...
maxresdefault.jpg

I saw a Twitter/X post which I now can't find that said the initial line was -5.5. On ESPN.com it's -5.

ESPN is giving us a 68% chance to win. I think we were 63% against MSU.

Last edited:
Indiana is interesting. They have played a feast or famine schedule to date.

2 wins: Indiana State and Akron. They are a combined 1-12. They are terrible.

4 losses: OSU, Louisville, Maryland, and Michigan. That is very tough four teams and they have a combined record of 24-3.

All games have played out as you would expect. If we are to be honest here, we are somewhere in between those two groups. Much closer to Louisville and Maryland than Akron and Indiana State.

Yeah.. this is a "should win".. but **it happens. Let's hope it mostly happens to Indiana.

Indiana went 4-11 last year and beat Michigan State when we did not. They are still a Big Ten team. We beat them last year, at home, by 7. They played Maryland much closer than we did, losing by 5 at home.

That said, we have a lot on the line here. So does Indiana. If you are an optimist Indiana fan you have to think you have a shot in the last 3 games of the season.. Illinois, Michigan State and Purdue (with probable losses to Wisconsin and Penn State before that). They have 2 wins now.. a 3rd win vs Rutgers and they have a shot at a bowl.

This is a bowl game play-in game for us and quite possibly for them as well.

Indiana is interesting. They have played a feast or famine schedule to date.

2 wins: Indiana State and Akron. They are a combined 1-12. They are terrible.

4 losses: OSU, Louisville, Maryland, and Michigan. That is very tough four teams and they have a combined record of 24-3.

All games have played out as you would expect. If we are to be honest here, we are somewhere in between those two groups. Much closer to Louisville and Maryland than Akron and Indiana State.
Definitely tough to evaluate them given the disparity of their opponents.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Definitely tough to evaluate them given the disparity of their opponents.
Yes, then throw in that they only beat Akron barely but played Louisville extremely tough. Doesn't really make any sense.

I looked at stats and offensively, RU and IU have put up very similar numbers. But we have been a lot better on defense.

Reactions: RULoyal
I think a big difference between the kind of program we have been over the last several years and the kind of program we want to be (or are) is that we don't overlook a game like this. We don't half-a$$ it. And, we're not surprised by it. We treat this opponent just as seriously as any other and we seek to be as successful in any/every facet of our game as we would when we approach any other opponent.

We've seen Rutgers teams in the past have a great win only to be followed up with a head-scratching loss. Or, perhaps, a win by the skin-of-our teeth. We cannot keep doing that if we want to move from the cellar to somewhere in the middle of the pack. It starts with games like this. Want to be a regular bowl-eligible team? You have to win the games you're supposed to win. Regardless of when/where/how they arrive on your schedule.

Indiana fans when they find out they’re getting points at home against Rutgers…
Caution: fowl language…NSFW

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT