ADVERTISEMENT

Any hint on changes to 2015 uniforms?

SanFranRutgers

All American
Oct 6, 2005
San Francisco
Without expressing an opinion one way or another about the current kits, when was the last time Rutgers went four straight years without a uniform makeover?

Probably would have heard about it around spring game. So I'm going with 100% no change

cut.gif

Heard from someone working in the athletic department that there will be zebra stripe red and black pants this season.

something similar to this:

Wurlm8j.jpg

I hear they are adding more battle scars to the helmet to scare off opponents. Nothing puts fear into the other team more than fake battle scars!
Rutgers will know about uniform changes the minute Nike tells them. Rutgers has no say in the matter

Last edited:
Like I said, no comment whatsoever on the current look, but it seems exceedingly rare for a team to play four years in the exact same uniforms package for four years in a row with Adidas/Nike/Under Armor dueling each other for sartorial headlines and accounts.

I thought there might have been a shift after two years to mark the transition from the AAC to the Big Ten -- say, with a more plain/Midwestern style of uniforms -- and after three years in the same stuff, I thought -- again -- they'd make a change just for the sake of making a change.

Hadn't really been paying attention to it, but I guess that was because there was nothing in the news about a desire to shake it up after 3 years as the Scarlet Cylons.

Like I said, no comment whatsoever on the current look, but it seems exceedingly rare for a team to play four years in the exact same uniforms package for four years in a row with Adidas/Nike/Under Armor dueling each other for sartorial headlines and accounts.

I thought there might have been a shift after two years to mark the transition from the AAC to the Big Ten -- say, with a more plain/Midwestern style of uniforms -- and after three years in the same stuff, I thought -- again -- they'd make a change just for the sake of making a change.

Hadn't really been paying attention to it, but I guess that was because there was nothing in the news about a desire to shake it up after 3 years as the Scarlet Cylons.
Unis are awesome except for the can't read letters . We can't go back in time the program is moving forward please accept it and move one folks.

Unis are awesome except for the can't read letters . We can't go back in time the program is moving forward please accept it and move one folks.
Yeah, I get that you're responding to the argument being made by a dozen other people in a dozen other threads that I'm not actually making. I'm not making a case for the return to the 2005 or '06 or '09 uniforms; I was just surprised that they didn't make a change for the transition to the Big Ten, and that Rutgers is about to wear the same uniforms for the fourth straight year in a row, which is pretty unprecedented in the contemporary apparel landscape. I tried to pose the original question as clearly as I could without expressing an preference on the current uniform, other than the fact that it's been in rotation for three years, almost entirely unchanged.

ADVERTISEMENT