ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone actually watching Uconn?

gigantor1024

All American
Apr 6, 2006
I dont really care but I'd like to know if anyone actually watching Could tell me how Uconn has 10 Fouls and MD hasn't shot a foul shot with 11:35 left in the game.

I'm just curious because this is all I've seen this year that has set Uconn apart. They just don't get called for any fouls under the bucket and it just doesnt make much sense to me.

We all know the NCAAW referees are atrocious but I'm just curious as how every game Uconn seems to have plenty of fouls called against them yet none of them are ever when the opposing team is shooting

Turned it off, but I commented the same thing in the last game - UConn NEVER fouls? Really?

I think you're right - and we should demand a Congressional investigation into what has become a decades long and obvious conspiracy on the part of women's basketball referees to throw all the games to UConn. Because clearly, the reason why Connecticut is 359 - 24 over the past ten years isn't because they're good, and that their coaches teach really excellent defensive techniques, it's because the basketball powers have decreed it will be so.

Actually, as long as you are going to complain about this, why not also gripe about the same thing happening at Notre Dame. Because the difference in the number of fouls called against them compared to the number of fouls called on them is as great as is UConn's.

This post was edited on 4/6 10:21 AM by cabbie191

This post was edited on 4/6 10:22 AM by cabbie191

Didn't watch game and won't watch the final. U Conn crushed them earlier in the year and will crush them in the final. this is one of the reasons why women's basketball is unwatchable because there is absolutely no suspense in the NCAA tournament. There is U Conn and everyone else so just too hard to watch. Who wants to watch them win by 20 tomorrow night and the next year etc,

In my opinion, the proven winners year and year, as well as the top individual players in the nation year after year, tend to get preferential treatment from the officials. I don't think this is anything new, and at Rutgers we would love to have that benefit, especially with the type of defense we employ.

I watched 2 minutes of the UConn game and turned it off. I'll watch the final until UConn starts pulling away, then will also turn off. No axe to grind with Muffett and her crew, and I will be a fan for as long as they can hang in there with the Huskies.

Geno may have 5 - 10 more championships under his belt by the time he retires to Shady Acres.

Originally posted by cabbie191:
Turned it off, but I commented the same thing in the last game - UConn NEVER fouls? Really?

I think you're right - and we should demand a Congressional investigation into what has become a decades long and obvious conspiracy on the part of women's basketball referees to throw all the games to UConn. Because clearly, the reason why Connecticut is 359 - 24 over the past ten years isn't because they're good, and that their coaches teach really excellent defensive techniques, it's because the basketball powers have decreed it will be so.

Actually, as long as you are going to complain about this, why not also gripe about the same thing happening at Notre Dame. Because the difference in the number of fouls called against them compared to the number of fouls called on them is as great as is UConn's.

This post was edited on 4/6 10:21 AM by cabbie191

This post was edited on 4/6 10:22 AM by cabbie191
it's not a complaint. It's a fact.

When one team is constantly getting 15-20 FT's and opponents are getting 0-6 THE ENTIRE GAME it's clear as day they arent called the same way

I think the answer to all the whining is have UConn give opponents 20 points to start the game and then they would only win by 10-20 points.The point that many opposing fans are unwilling to admit is that most games against UConn are over before the opening tap.Its a total joke that one team can totally dominate a sport and the only answer is to wait for Geno to retire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT