ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming we get Dylan, Rutgers needs to strike while the iron's hot

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Hopefully athletics has a press release and e-mail blast ready to go. Leverage this situation with fans, ticket holders, both NIL groups, R Fund, etc.
Re. NIL, I know Pat hired someone in charge of that a few months back, I'm hoping they have a mailing to all businesses / corporations within a 150 mile radius
Anyone that was on the fence on their "hot list," I'd be reaching out to them ASAP

Make sure the phones are fully staffed at the R fund, both NIL collectives, ticket office, etc.
Nights, weekends, overtime, whatever - make it happen
This is the defining point for basketball here on The Banks - leverage it to the fullest extent, and ride the wave as long as possible

I dont think the University can talk about a committed recruit if they ae not signed for the school
Yup exactly. If he really did sign his NLI in the early signing period we'll know because the school then can comment or make social media posts. If not we'll have to wait until the regular signing period.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Hopefully athletics has a press release and e-mail blast ready to go. Leverage this situation with fans, ticket holders, both NIL groups, R Fund, etc.
Re. NIL, I know Pat hired someone in charge of that a few months back, I'm hoping they have a mailing to all businesses / corporations within a 150 mile radius
Anyone that was on the fence on their "hot list," I'd be reaching out to them ASAP

Make sure the phones are fully staffed at the R fund, both NIL collectives, ticket office, etc.
This is the defining point for basketball here on The Banks - leverage it to the fullest extent, and ride the wave as long as possible
I don't know how you can follow your plan when the proposed rendering for RAC renovation doesn't include increasing attendance.There are sellouts now without elite. talent.

Reactions: RU-ROCS and wheezer
I don't know how you can follow your plan when the proposed rendering for RAC renovation doesn't include increasing attendance.There are sellouts now without elite. talent.
You pre sell the boxes in the renderings

Re. the ticket aspect, they’re not going to build the boxes / suites without financial commitments already in place - hence a perfect time to strike while the momentum’s there

FWIW luxury boxes will likely NOT be available until after Dylan and Ace (assumed one and done players) are long gone. Folks would therefore be pre-buying based on the promise of future developments.
Correct

By all accounts, Dylan and Ace are one and dones, and the new renovations will not be ready for another few years

Nobody builds boxes and suites without having them pre-sold, and if D signs today, they’ll never been a better time to move on that (sans a final 4 appearance)

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Correct

By all accounts, Dylan and Ace are one and dones, and the new renovations will not be ready for another few years

Nobody builds boxes and suites without having them pre-sold, and if D signs today, they’ll never been a better time to move on that (sans a final 4 appearance)
Agreed, but just pointing out the timing for the folks that think deep pockets buyers will pre-buy to see our version of fab 5 next year.

Agreed, but just pointing out the timing for the folks that think deep pockets buyers will pre-buy to see our version of fab 5 next year.
Gotcha
Hopefully we can take that momentum and get future classes of similar stature

Reactions: BigRnj
It doesn’t happen like that and historically not at Rutgers. There are hundreds of RU grads or Rutgers supporters /fans capable of growing our funding. New Jersey ‘s citizens don’t look at Rutgers still as being relevant. I sure as heck hope Dylan commits and signs here however this wishful thinking that people will be cutting a check if everything comes together is just that “ a Wish”.

It doesn’t happen like that and historically not at Rutgers. There are hundreds of RU grads or Rutgers supporters /fans capable of growing our funding. New Jersey ‘s citizens don’t look at Rutgers still as being relevant. I sure as heck hope Dylan commits and signs here however this wishful thinking that people will be cutting a check if everything comes together is just that “ a Wish”.
Historically we've certainly been behind the 8 ball
But Dylan is a transformative recruit, the likes we've never seen here OTB

I'd be shocked in Pat & Co. won't leverage this to pre-sell suites/boxes in the updated RAC, and the NIL team doesn't do the same in regard to sponsorship deals, etc.

Historically we've certainly been behind the 8 ball
But Dylan is a transformative recruit, the likes we've never seen here OTB

I'd be shocked in Pat & Co. won't leverage this to pre-sell suites/boxes in the updated RAC, and the NIL team doesn't do the same in regard to sponsorship deals, etc.
It’s not about Pat, Greg , Dylan or Ace … it’s about Rutgers ‘s ability to sway more people who can raise the NIL to competitive levels with the Michigans, Ohio State, Texas.,Alabama’s of the current college football world . Just when we thought 10 years ago that our troubles were answered they threw a monkey wrench into the equation. FWIW: sponsorships are fine and in this metro area we should have a ton of options for the best but guess what? So far it’s only a hopeful wish.

It’s not about Pat, Greg , Dylan or Ace … it’s about Rutgers ‘s ability to sway more people who can raise the NIL to competitive levels with the Michigans, Ohio State, Texas.,Alabama’s of the current college football world . Just when we thought 10 years ago that our troubles were answered they threw a monkey wrench into the equation. FWIW: sponsorships are fine and in this metro area we should have a ton of options for the best but guess what? So far it’s only a hopeful wish.
It's two fold
1. Are we reaching out to corporations/businesses, etc.
2. What is our leverage

1 - I can't answer, but being that we now have a staff in place, I sure as hell hope so.
2 - Signing Dylan is huge. Biggest signee ever if it happens. There's your leverage

How do you sway people for money? Reach and frequency, and have something to sell them that they'll believe in.

So far it's only been a hopeful wish - but I'm hoping it turns into a reality with the signing of Dylan and the hard work of the NIL people behind the scenes.

I think this is a great idea, despite all of the “forum lawyers” sh!tting on it. Marketing to generate excitement to generate contributions and revenue! Unfortunately, folks here are only generous with their opinions.

I think this is a great idea, despite all of the “forum lawyers” sh!tting on it. Marketing to generate excitement to generate contributions and revenue! Unfortunately, folks here are only generous with their opinions.
What's the worst that can happen? Dylan would literally be transformative - really hoping, if he commits today, that we don't drop the ball.

Seems like you're also discounting Ace a little who might end up the better player and is higher ranked by some and is already signed.

You pre sell the boxes in the renderings

Re. the ticket aspect, they’re not going to build the boxes / suites without financial commitments already in place - hence a perfect time to strike while the momentum’s there
Just particpated in a RAC renovation focus group this Morning. Things are still very preliminary regarding design, so they don’t even no how many or where any new luxury boxes will go. There’s no way they can start taking deposits today.

Seems like you're also discounting Ace a little who might end up the better player and is higher ranked by some and is already signed.
Dylan has more juice, especially b/c he's local and RHJ played here, and his dad played in the league

Personally I hope we leverage both of them to the max

Reactions: Morrischiano
Just particpated in a RAC renovation focus group this Morning. Things are still very preliminary regarding design, so they don’t even no how many or where any new luxury boxes will go. There’s no way they can start taking deposits today.
Usually they'd presell at least some the boxes before releasing the proposals to the public, so I'm surprised they're only at the preliminary design state

It's two fold
2. What is our leverage

1 - I can't answer, but being that we now have a staff in place, I sure as hell hope so.
2 - Signing Dylan is huge. Biggest signee ever if it happens. There's your leverage

How do you sway people for money? Reach and frequency, and have something to sell them that they'll believe in.

So far it's only been a hopeful wish - but I'm hoping it turns into a reality with the signing of Dylan and the hard work of the NIL people behind the scenes.
Just curious, why is Dylan bigger than Ace?

Usually they'd presell at least some the boxes before releasing the proposals to the public, so I'm surprised they're only at the preliminary design state
That was the whole point of the questionnaire that was sent out a few weeks ago. They are trying to determine what is the demand for premium seating.

That was the whole point of the questionnaire that was sent out a few weeks ago. They are trying to determine what is the demand for premium seating.
Usually when they send them out, it's already pretty much a done deal
E.g. they've done their own studies, and things are pretty set already, sans a few tweaks

It's two fold
2. What is our leverage

I trust Pat Hobbs and those involved in the money department have been doing their due diligence in the NIL.What those investors want to see is results and stability. We will know soon enough if Dylan joins Ace , Summerville, Grant etc. I hope he picks Rutgers . We have gotten shafted before.

Bumping this as things look good

Another idea:
Immediate text's from NIL collectives to NIL members, season ticket holder, single game buyers, etc. asking to donate to NIL

I repeat - Strike while the iron's hot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT