ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Lax

RU23

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2010
It's been an impressive showing for Big Ten lacrosse in it's inaugural season. Two teams made it to the Final Four on the men's side - Johns Hopkins defeated #7 UVA and #2 Syracuse, while Maryland beat Yale and #3 UNC. Ohio St. also did well for the conference, beating #5 Duke in the first round before falling to #4 Denver by two goals in the quarterfinals.
RU performed quite well against the 3 B1G NCAA teams - losing 9-7 to Johns Hopkins and 9-8 to Maryland, and beating Ohio St. 17-10 in their last game of the season.

On the women's side, the B1G has the clear #1 team in the nation, Maryland, who slaughtered #8 Northwestern by 12 goals to reach the Final Four. Northwestern also did well for themselves, beating Louisville and Notre Dame to reach the quarters. Penn State and Johns Hopkins also played each other in the first round with Penn State winning, and then going on to beat #7 UVA before falling 11-8 to #2 UNC in the quartefinals.

Last edited:
For the sport, I would have liked to see Albany go farther in the Tourney in the past when they had more Thompsons on their roster.

IMO even with just one of them, it would be better for the game if they beat ND this year.

From above -- "RU performed quite well against the 3 B1G NCAA teams". Meaningless. Rutgers finished at the bottom of the Big Ten standings.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-lacros/spec-rel/m-lacros-standings.html
Might be meaningless to you but its a lot better than 3 more blowouts. Our team proved it could play by beating OSU but also solidified the fact they underperformed most of the year by losing to some lightweights.

Ive followed lax for 4 decades and honestly dont understand how RU struggles year in and year out.

Thank God I also went to Cornell LOL

Simple explanation Mike.....$$$ commitment for scholarships and for assistant coaches' salaries. We are still short on the scholarship side.

mikefla ... "underperform"? That is our record. Bottom of the Big Ten. Simple. This isn't rec league stuff. At the Div-1 level you play for keeps.

mikefla ... "underperform"? That is our record. Bottom of the Big Ten. Simple. This isn't rec league stuff. At the Div-1 level you play for keeps.
I think you are just supporting what I said.

If the team can beat OSU...they CAN play. They just dont "play for keeps" game in and game out....and havent since I was a student in 1982.

ADVERTISEMENT