ADVERTISEMENT

Betnijah Laney wins female B1G Medal of Honor for RU

Looks like she also was awarded the Bauer Female Athlete of the year, whatever that award is. Separately tweeted by Rutgers Athletics in addition to the Big Ten medal.

Congratulations Ms. Laney!

Reactions: BeKnighted
Looks like she also was awarded the Bauer Female Athlete of the year, whatever that award is. Separately tweeted by Rutgers Athletics in addition to the Big Ten medal.

Congratulations Ms. Laney!

I believe the award was named after William (and Barbara?) Bauer
William died earlier this year.
>Major General William H. Bauer Loyal Son of Rutgers, passionate fan of Rutgers football , proud Rutgers Athletics supporter <http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/starledger/obituary.aspx?pid=174218029

Last edited:
Dave Milewski (FB) got it on the male side.
Lots of other Award Winners at the 1st Annual R Awards Dinner held last night at the RAC. It was a great night. Congrats to all the athletes and to Julie, Sarah and the rest of the team which put together such a great evening. The videos shown were phenomenal.

Congrats to both athletes for the B1G awards. Judging from the name, I assume that each member school has just one male and one female chosen for this award for the entire year, so that it is an award that covers all sports, making it a much bigger honor even than an MVP award in one's own sport. I can't recall the BE having such an award but others here might know better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT