7. Rutgers....an enigma and they desperately need road wins

8. Iowa....not sold on them at all

9. Penn State....hard workers but will it translate on the road

10. Minnesota...could be the surprise of the league going forward

11. Maryland...they are in every game but

12. Michigan....disappointing and covid basically has doomed their season

13. Northwestern...another season at the bottom for Collins

14. Nebraska...bad teams will always lose in the end

So honestly, I think spots 1-5 could be interchangable though certain teams are trending better and thats how I ranked them. After that I think its muddled mess. Yes the Big 10 only has about 5 locks for the NCAA. They probably end up with 2 others but these schools 6-10 right now look pretty medicore and all have major faults. Expect two of them to be able to make somewhat of a run which means road wins. I think Indiana and perhaps Minnesota are best shots. The schedule will probably catch up with Penn State. Rutgers hasnt shown a pulse on the road and can easily drop back to the bottom 4. Minnesota has an easier stretch in the schedule and their strong OOC play could put them in a nice position. I just think this isnt the Iowa team you are used to. Maryland dug a hole early. Michigan is AWOL right now and the bottom 2 are god awful.

I would put Penn state, Maryland and Iowa ahead of us. Maybe we flip past Maryland if we beat them on Sat. I would have Iowa ahead of IU at 6

1. Wisconsin....on a roll, playing the best and consistent night in and out

2. Purdue....on paper the best but yet to show it

3. Illinois....starting to assert themselves after wobbly start

4. Michigan State....quietly 9 in a row

5. Ohio State...somewhat disappointing

6. Indiana...good team but cannot win on the road

7. Rutgers....an enigma and they desperately need road wins

8. Iowa....not sold on them at all

9. Penn State....hard workers but will it translate on the road

10. Minnesota...could be the surprise of the league going forward

11. Maryland...they are in every game but

12. Michigan....disappointing and covid basically has doomed their season

13. Northwestern...another season at the bottom for Collins

14. Nebraska...bad teams will always lose in the end

So honestly, I think spots 1-5 could be interchangable though certain teams are trending better and thats how I ranked them. After that I think its muddled mess. Yes the Big 10 only has about 5 locks for the NCAA. They probably end up with 2 others but these schools 6-10 right now look pretty medicore and all have major faults. Expect two of them to be able to make somewhat of a run which means road wins. I think Indiana and perhaps Minnesota are best shots. The schedule will probably catch up with Penn State. Rutgers hasnt shown a pulse on the road and can easily drop back to the bottom 4. Minnesota has an easier stretch in the schedule and their strong OOC play could put them in a nice position. I just think this isnt the Iowa team you are used to. Maryland dug a hole early. Michigan is AWOL right now and the bottom 2 are god awful.
looks right to me.

Michigan????????

I would put Penn state, Maryland and Iowa ahead of us. Maybe we flip past Maryland if we beat them on Sat. I would have Iowa ahead of IU at 6

We beat Purdue..thats a big deal..no one else has a win like that outside the top group. Rutgers has to be there by degmfsult at this point

I like the Illini.
They have the best combination of inside /outside scorers if they stay healthy.Michigan State has a great record but don't think they will win the league championship.Wisconsin with Johnny Davis playing at a high level and Purdue with Ivey and the two center combo will battle for the leaghue championship along with Illinois.The rest of the league teams after Indiana at number six are mired in parity/mediocrity where winning on the road will likely decide the final rankings.I don't see more than seven teams getting a NCAA bid.

Minnesota lost at the buzzer at Michigan State. I can’t imagine us being within a dozen points at MSU.

Bac

We are seeing the same things .

The league feels a lot more “top heavy”
In the first five (my top 5 are Purdue , Michigan state, Illinois , Wisconsin and Ohio state)....

And i feel that there is a bottom third forming that Nebraska is in, northwestern looks to be a resident and unable to climb out of, and Maryland , Michigan , and Minnesota could be part of if they don’t quickly get their stuff together and dig out of the hole (and maybe us if we don’t beat these teams on the road in January )

The 6-9 looks like a fight between Iowa/Rutgers/Indiana/Penn state ... and I only think 7 are making the dance ...so maybe Two of these four

We have 6 more games in a row against the bottom two thirds of the league ...then finish 6 of 9 games against the top third ....

4 out of the next 6 is a necessity .. and maybe even 5 of 6 to be in the tournament conversation in February

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT