ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Lot Oversold

But if you say your spot is only guaranteed until a certain time, you end up with the same issue if everyone heeds that warning and shows up before that time.
Not sure about this. I shouldn't be penalized because one time over the course of multiple years I have something I have to do before the game, I rush to get there in time for kickoff only to find my parking lot full?

I just don't understand Rutgers small time mentality. It would take a paid employee and two students to paint the parking lot lines maybe a day. The hard part is spacing of the lines and even with modern technology makes that part of the job easy. Six months ago I bought a laser level. Its a cheap chinese one but so far it has done everything I have needed it for. Framing out a bathroom, hanging pictures, putting in railroad tie stairs outdoors and more.
In the Rutgers parking situation, They could take a laser level, and at dusk run the laser line across the front of the parking lot where the first car bumpers should be, stake it every 20-30 feet or so and that is the where the first line goes. measure to the next "Bumper line", I am guessing 20-25 feet back to leave room for the aisle, run the laser line across the field and paint the next line, stake it, paint and so and so forth until you are at the end of the field. The hardest part is the first time staking out the rows, after that it is easy. I don't know why it is the fans who have to bring this up.
Lolwut?
Union job, my man. Union rules. One paid man and two student volunteers can't even lift a hammer.

the regs say you must have a vehicle in your spot, so no, that should not be allowed to happen.

Parking allowed the same thing for one other game, @DJ Spanky can remind us which one. A frat set up a tent that covered at least 8 spots. (they did, however, provide much comic relief as it was pretty much a tent from Ikea with about 200 pieces of piping that had to be put together to make the frame)

It may have taken them over two hours to put this tent up before Wagner

I just don't understand Rutgers small time mentality. It would take a paid employee and two students to paint the parking lot lines maybe a day. The hard part is spacing of the lines and even with modern technology makes that part of the job easy. Six months ago I bought a laser level. Its a cheap chinese one but so far it has done everything I have needed it for. Framing out a bathroom, hanging pictures, putting in railroad tie stairs outdoors and more.
In the Rutgers parking situation, They could take a laser level, and at dusk run the laser line across the front of the parking lot where the first car bumpers should be, stake it every 20-30 feet or so and that is the where the first line goes. measure to the next "Bumper line", I am guessing 20-25 feet back to leave room for the aisle, run the laser line across the field and paint the next line, stake it, paint and so and so forth until you are at the end of the field. The hardest part is the first time staking out the rows, after that it is easy. I don't know why it is the fans who have to bring this up.

they already do this. There are Orange lines across the Blue lot every week, indicating where the nose of the cars should go. They are spaced wide enough to fit 2 cars, bumper to hood, room for tailgating and then another orange line.

It may have taken them over two hours to put this tent up before Wagner

SO EPIC.

the regs say you must have a vehicle in your spot, so no, that should not be allowed to happen.

Parking allowed the same thing for one other game, @DJ Spanky can remind us which one. A frat set up a tent that covered at least 8 spots. (they did, however, provide much comic relief as it was pretty much a tent from Ikea with about 200 pieces of piping that had to be put together to make the frame)
We were right there and it was impressive they got such a big structure up in the air. There is a limit on tent size (at least there used to be) and this dwarfed what is/was allowed. As Spanky said, it would have been much bigger and I was the first car next to their spaces. You better believe my 10x10 and two 6 foot tables went up pretty damn quick when I realized they wanted our space.
If Rutgers did just a little planning this can all be avoided. Rutgers probably has a few extra line painting machines lying around on campus somewhere. Why not the day before pay someone to paint lines X feet apart starting at the front where peoples bumpers should go. Painting lines of ingress and egress areas. Then on game day, having the parking attendants at least do some work by making sure everyones bumper is reasonably on the line and making sure cars are properly spaced. This is not rocket science people the details make a differnce.
Lines are painted but some parking attendants sometimes have very little clue how to park efficiently. See Spanky's post above.

But if you say your spot is only guaranteed until a certain time, you end up with the same issue if everyone heeds that warning and shows up before that time.
maybe.. I am suggesting that, since people reported seeing spaces available and still got turned away.. that.. maybe.. the time you arrive is a factor in this "close the lot" decision. maybe.. I have no knowledge of it but since people say it seemed illogical to close the lot because they saw spaces... then teh decision to close the lot when they did needs be examined.

Proves that some guys and gals are only tough on the Internet. Why was nothing done about it? Why didn’t anyone go and get tough with the teams family about doing the right thing? That’s right because they were right there in front of you no hiding behind a screen.
Lol!! It's up to nearby tailgaters to "get tough" with people they will spend the next 4 hours along side of and do the jobs of the parking attendants? Do you realize how wrong that sounds on every level?

The mud in the corner of the lot was the primary waste of usable space. I'd guess at least 20-30 spots were there as has already been stated. The tent for the family didn't take any spots but the parking people never parked cars in the first row behind it. We were told they would be putting cars there but never actually did as once the rest of the row filled up, there was no getting cars in. That would have probably been a max of 4 spots as there was about 20 feet of tent length.

On a side note, you were probably better off not being in the lot. It's absurd that they haven't fixed the exit issue after the game.

Maybe not if the correct number of spots are sold to begin with.

But staff parking and weather can screw that up too.
Right, that's what the problem is, it isn't that they need to close the lot by a certain time.

Not sure about this. I shouldn't be penalized because one time over the course of multiple years I have something I have to do before the game, I rush to get there in time for kickoff only to find my parking lot full?
I think you responded to the wrong person. I was saying this idea that they should only guarantee spots up until a certain time doesn't really address the issue. I agree with you, if you paid for the pass you should be able to show up whenever you please and expect that the spot you paid for is still available.

Exiting and entering blue lot has become a mess because they allow fans to walk across the entrance at will. Seems to me it would make more sense to route them all behind the lot. In the OSU fiasco, the right move would have been to put up a sign at the tan lot indicating blue was full. That way suckers like me wouldn’t have driven by the tan lot, sat in traffic for 45+ minutes, only to then return back to the tan lot and walk twice the distance. And to add insult to injury by the time we made it to the boardwalk almost every truck was closed. Which begs the question why don’t they stay open longer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT