ADVERTISEMENT

BOG Plan Info

Going to be a long time before we ever see a shovel in the ground for this

This is the reason you're probably right:
>Who's paying for it?

"We're looking for our athletics donors to be the primary supporters for this,'' Barchi said.<

This is the reason you're probably right:
>Who's paying for it?

"We're looking for our athletics donors to be the primary supporters for this,'' Barchi said.<
There are not enough athletic donors to be the primary supporters.If there were enough donors ,some of the buildings would have been already constructed.

Reactions: RUskoolie
Where's pernetti when you need him to raise$
Yep, that money is in the bank, along with the funds Mulcahy raised for expanding Rutgers Stadium.

Talking about how much you think you'll get isn't the same as getting those who say they plan to help, follow through with the $$$$..

upstream--pernetti needs no one to defend him but you are so wrong--the $ for the scoreboard ,the air and what's left that barchi talked about for the RAC was raised by pernetti

Where's all the money Pernetti raised? In his 4 years as AD, he couldn't even get a new scoreboard installed at the RAC (which pays for itself from the advertising revenue it generates).

I need to correct this fallacy. Before he was thrown under the bus he had already hired a vendor to install the scoreboard and had it scheduled for installation. That was TPs doing, Julie was just the AD when it was installed.

That building is awesome!!!!! Now I don't have billionaire money but I can imagine what the RAC will look like. They basically want to make it bigger and add seats. This is nice for Coach to show recruits. The Hale Center is going to look like Alabama lol

I need to correct this fallacy. Before he was thrown under the bus he had already hired a vendor to install the scoreboard and had it scheduled for installation. That was TPs doing, Julie was just the AD when it was installed.

Really? So did the already-hired vendor decide they weren't going to install it? Or did Julie cancel the already-scheduled installation?

(Pernetti put together the buyout of Nelligan as Rutgers' marketing partner, but he left before the formal search started for the new partner, which ended up being IMG, as expected. The scoreboard installation was done in conjunction with an advertising-financing plan with IMG, who wasn't hired until long after Pernetti left, so there is absolutely no way that Pernetti could have had a deal to install the scoreboard in place, unless he signed it with Nelligan at the same time he was preparing to fire Nelligan. And Pernetti certainly wasn't signing new financing deals with the marketing agency he was getting rid of.)

I guess Pernetti lied to me then and user @Upstream knows more. I'm not a TP bot, just pointing out a fallacy in your statement. Chill out.

I won't make my 10,000 message until Rutgers recruits a 2016 four star recruit in football/basketball or better yet when there is a announcement that there is funding for the basketball practice facility.I got a feeling the mute button will be on for a long time.

Reactions: vascosg
I guess Pernetti lied to me then and user @Upstream knows more. I'm not a TP bot, just pointing out a fallacy in your statement. Chill out.

Skoolie --- Sorry. With so many "TP bots" on these boards, I was more harsh in my response than I needed to be.

Did Pernetti really tell you that he already hired a vendor and had the scoreboard scheduled for installation? My understanding is that TP only got as far as identifying how the scoreboard would be financed, but the paperwork was not in place, which is why it took another year (with IMG under contract) to get the scoreboard installed.

Certainly TP gets credit for laying the foundation for the new RAC scoreboard ... but he didn't actually execute the financing plan and he didn't actually get the scoreboard installed under his tenure. Which was the point of my response to RU66.

'where's the money he raised" read my post-- $ was raised by him for RAC Improvements or reconstruction--I should know -any person without some kind of dumb vendetta against pernetti or silly unneeded defense of herman knows your comment was intended to make it seem he deserves no credit for the little that was done there-- that $ was instrumental--this is not about him starting that work--someone else just spent what he raised --and he was a great fund raiser-get off your high horse and stop reinventing history--he was a good AD and good executive that bleed scarlet.

'where's the money he raised" read my post-- $ was raised by him for RAC Improvements or reconstruction--I should know -any person without some kind of dumb vendetta against pernetti or silly unneeded defense of herman knows your comment was intended to make it seem he deserves no credit for the little that was done there-- that $ was instrumental--this is not about him starting that work--someone else just spent what he raised --and he was a great fund raiser-get off your high horse and stop reinventing history--he was a good AD and good executive that bleed scarlet.
Good AD's don't hire coaches that advisers tell him are lunatics.

Reactions: RUsojo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT