ADVERTISEMENT

Football Bowl projections for Rutgers Football in week seven of College Football

Pinstripe bowl will be easier for most to get to and will give us the best home field advantage.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Pinstripe Bowl would bring a large crowd. Not a great venue, but a large crowd would go.

A lot of scenarios to play out still.

Most logical route is taking 2 wins vs Mich St , Indiana

It’s possible to steal one from IOWA or Maryland. Not likely based on what we’ve seen.

If we get 2 wins against any of those 4 teams it’ll be a pretty Ho-hum season and not much national interest at all in a 6 win Rutgers team.

If we get to 6 wins and one of those wins is OSU or PSU then I think our bowl profile elevates by quite a bit.

If we get to 7 wins but none against OSU/PSU then I think we move up the pecking order just barely but still likely to get a less desirable location / bowl

I have so many reservations about the Pinstripe Bowl. But first- give me any damn bowl this year. And I don't believe I would be able to attend any bowl regardless of location this year so it doesn't matter much.

On the other hand- I am so damn happy this Bowl was not around in 05-09...Planning an annual "surprise location" trip each year was so much fun. Luckily, both the wife and I had jobs that we could work from anywhere and didn't have to give advance notice to our employers for time off.
But an actual bowl trip is so much more than just the 4 hours at the stadium. Flying there and having other families/fans on the flights, get there a day or two early, visit the city you are in, hang out with the team at the hotel, all the day before events and going out with friends to dinner and drinks later in full scarlett. The the night after the game, if you win- just so much fun with everyone, day after and either fly home or take another day or two at the location.
Vs- the Pinstripe bowl. You get there an hour or two early because there is no tailgating. There were no fun pre game day events, hanging out with the players, etc. It becomes just another football game and not a great 3 day event.
But, get us 6-7 wins this year- and I'll still take it.

Syracuse/Ru - Pinstripe Bowl - bank on it.
No Sara has played there a lot recently. If they get to 6 wins that are going to Fenway Park.
I really hope we get a Florida or Phoenix Bowl or the Las Vegas. Revenge vs Wake Forest would be nice.

Please kill off this bowl
Worst place to wind up

It is more of a punishment. The Big Ten has money.. let us make a replacement bowl. What about London or Ireland or Bermuda or Barcelona.. Dubai? Get creative. A baseball stadium in the Bronx? C'mon now.

Reactions: RUScrew85
If we go this year (Pinstripe) we could be good for a while before having to go back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT