ADVERTISEMENT

Branding OPPORTUNITY

withoutregard

Junior
Feb 6, 2014
I am not being critical, yet, but what has the athletic department done to capture this branding opportunity with Carli Lloyd?
Given her success throughout the WWC, they should have been riding this opportunity and been prepared with a plan to capture yesterdays magic, branding the R, jersey pride, alongside all the USA pride.
This could even have a subtle impact on all RU sport teams, including what this board talks about all the time....kids in jersey feeling good about jersey and proud to rep Rutgers!
A Rutgers alum just did it on one of the world's biggest stages, why not them!

CI7m3MzWgAAr-R-.jpg

Reactions: jjjenn
Guess your not on social media much as Rutgers Athletics has been all over this. Even BTN.com has joined in.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Seriously. Ive got RU athletics on my tiwtter and its been non-stop #GocaRli since the WC started.

Her photos are all over the place. There was a huge campaign on twitter, News reports and articles on-line and in newspaper about her connection to Rutgers.

Not sure how you missed all of that.

I'm of a mind you can't expect these former RU athletes to do too much. They have lives and other current responsibilities that take a lot of their time.

Where they hopefully can help is rubbing shoulders and whispering in the ears of those who can effect change in the fortunes of Rutgers Athletics, be it donors, corporations, politicians, or sponsors.

One thing for sure is it's been a hell of a 2015 so far for former RU athletes from the 4 Super Bowl champs to Todd Frazier to Carli.

ADVERTISEMENT