ADVERTISEMENT

Bridgewater-Raritan Lax Wins TOC

RU23

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2010
Bridgewater-Raritan completed another undefeated season last night by beating Bergen Catholic 16-13 in the TOC final. Sophomore Nick Attanasio who is committed to RU had 2 goals, but I'm curious if anyone knows (maybe rufamily or Cali) if we're recruiting anyone in their talented junior class? Kaden and Grill are already committed to NJIT and Marquette respectively from what I'm told, but what about guys like Kolen and Christensen? They combined for 100 goals on the year and I think would be great players at the next level.

I may be alone on this, but I smiled when I read about Bridgewater-Raritan HS winning the NJ Boy's Lacrosse TOC. I know next to nothing about their program other than an understanding that they've been very good for a long time. And I don't know if their roster is bolstered by transfers or out-of-towners or players with phony addresses like Randolph HS football was years ago. But it's nice to see a championship team that is not one of the athletic magnet private schools or representing a NJ town of clear economic privilege. May not happen again in my lifetime.

Reactions: Leonard23
I may be alone on this, but I smiled when I read about Bridgewater-Raritan HS winning the NJ Boy's Lacrosse TOC. I know next to nothing about their program other than an understanding that they've been very good for a long time. And I don't know if their roster is bolstered by transfers or out-of-towners or players with phony addresses like Randolph HS football was years ago. But it's nice to see a championship team that is not one of the athletic magnet private schools or representing a NJ town of clear economic privilege. May not happen again in my lifetime.
I can tell you that's definitely not the case, they've just got a great program over there with some great coaches (3 of whom played lax at Rutgers). If anything BR, just like every public school, is hurt by the loss of kids to nearby private schools like Pingry, Rutgers Prep, Immaculata, Gill St. Bernard's (though for some reason they didn't have a varsity boys lacrosse team this year), etc. In fact I know of one 2015 kid from Bridgewater who was playing up in Connecticut at a big lacrosse high school and will be playing in college.

It might happen again because of the way the program is run from HS (now just one HS) down to the rec (and I mean JUST rec - not travel) level.

Bridgewater is a machine. The have "D" teams at almost every grade level.

Ok, first off, we do not have D teams at every level and Bridgewater loses kids just like everyone else. The driving force behind the program is Chuck he does so much its crazy. My daughter plays in the rec program and she had a small tournament being played in town, I was helping with the clock and turned around to see Chuck and his wife sitting in the stands watching the girls play. (it was a 8th grade game). He loves lacrosse and loves the town. He has run a tournament for the last several years in town called Sweet Laxin' he has not taken a penny of that money but donated it to a new turf field, lights and stands at the school. Regarding Kolen and Christensen, neither are being recruited right now by Rutgers, Christensen is the best middie on the best team and will be very tough to cover next year. Kolen, is looking at smaller schools.

Ok, first off, we do not have D teams at every level and Bridgewater loses....
Well it just seemed that way. All I saw at a tournament at your place was wave after wave of Bridgewater kids so I just assumed. LOL

And you don't lose much.

Please realize both are compliments to the Bridgewater Program (rec/travel/HS) I am trying to make here.

I know, and no worries. Chuck does a fantastic job with the program and his players love him. He was just named MSG coach of the Year for NJ

Thanks for the info rufamily. I see that Rutgers got no commitments from anyone on MSGVarsity's NJ First or Second teams. What's up with that?

Family can give far more insight than I can about BR, but if there is one platinum program in the state, it is BR. They have been doing it for decades at this point, and have had a lot of talent run through the program and on to the next level. They get it done there.

Looking forward to seeing Attanasio play at RU. Lots of buzz about the kid.

Family can give far more insight than I can about BR, but if there is one platinum program in the state, it is BR. They have been doing it for decades at this point, and have had a lot of talent run through the program and on to the next level. They get it done there.
+1

Remember this line by George Marshall..."Get me a West Point FB player"?

You could tweak it to say "Get me a BR LAX player" and IMO it would mean the same.

We haven't gotten all of them, but BR has been very good to Rutgers over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT