ADVERTISEMENT

Bummer

redshoes

Senior
Oct 5, 2006
Laney was not chosen for the WNBA top 12 select pick.

Oh well, she will make it anyway, or will she opt for Europe.

A player has to have size or be a great shooter to get selected at the top of a draft.

RU-JMM78, where the hell have you been this year, that you don't think she's a top 12. Give me a break. Stop posting your negative garbage. She is in the top 5. BS.

I don't think there was ever a chance Laney was going to be a first round pick, unless she had developed an accurate 3-point stroke. With that said, I think she is a great second round pick and depending on where she lands, has a great chance to end up in the league. I can see her having a career similar to Chelsea Newton who was drafted 22nd, though hopefully without the injury issues.

For what it's worth, the mock drafts on RebKell mostly had her going in the first round until Loyd and Zahui B. came out, which pushed everybody else down. Now they're putting her either very late in the 1st round or early-to-mid 2nd round. One mock draft has Syessence going in the 3rd round, but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

What's really disappointing is that (as far as I can tell) ESPN is only broadcasting the first round on ESPN2, then the next 2 rounds are online only. :-(

happycappie25 on the RebKell WNBA board says that the Liberty's eyes are "glued" on Laney if she's available when their 2nd round pick comes up at #16. (They don't have a first round pick this year, IIRC.)

For what it's worth, 2 of the 12 players invited to be at the draft got picked after Betnijah.

ADVERTISEMENT