ADVERTISEMENT

Burton to Detroit round 5 pick 168

This guy gets drafted along with Ameer Abdullah... The Lions are aiming high for an explosive balanced offense. I'm liking their draft so far

Absolutely could not be happier for this fine young man. A great representative for RU. Tough, hard nosed, well spoken, good student, super nice every spring game. Brian Leonard 2.0. I think he'll continue our tradition of walk-on's doing well in the NFL.

This is awesome news. I took a break for a few minutes and came to see he got drafted, as he is one of my all-time favorite RU players. Congratulations to Michael and his whole family!

congrats to Michael. NFL Network just talked about him and showed some video, all very positive.

Probably the first-ever NJ kid to dream of playing for Rutgers, actually do it and not just talk about it, then play in the NFL. Too bad there aren't more Michael Burton's out there.

Makes me happy to see Burton was drafted by the Lions, its a shame we did not use the FB more, when he had the ball he was productive. Congrats!!!

Pretty good. The NFL teams know he is a better player than the analysis report so they grabbed him. Personally I think Burton is a super hero. He blocked like he was twice as big as he is.

I can't quite figure out what is wrong with the above statement. Hang on, hang on....it'll come to me...
Scarlet_Scourge said:
Amazing journey!

Loins now have a B1G running game!
I can't quite figure out what is wrong with the above statement. Hang on, hang on....it'll come to me...

RaRa -
Pork or beef?

Agree with all of above posts.
Walk-on to being drafted in the 5th round.
Amazing story.

ADVERTISEMENT