ADVERTISEMENT

Cal. UCLA cap OOS enrollment

Wasn't the increase a recent phenomenon- I feel like historically they were at the RU 10-15% range...

UCLA and Berkeley are international brands. Who wouldn't want to spend 4 years there? When I visited UCLA I wished I had applied to law school there though I probably would have been a longshot.

I would be comfortable with 20% at OOS, ideally I would like 25%...but 20 is fine.

Yes, the % of OOS students sharply rose in the past few years, especially at Berkeley (aka Cal). This was for budgetary reasons.

I taught for a year as a visiting professor at the UCLA law school, and it is indeed a great place to be.

My son is a freshman in HS out here in California and I'm glad to see the OOS being capped although it used to only be 10% making it harder for even the best California students to get in. UCLA is his first choice, followed by Berkeley and then UC San Diego.

This post was edited on 3/5 6:45 PM by RU MAN

Originally posted by RU MAN:
My son is a freshman in HS out here in California and I'm glad to see the OOS being capped although it used to only be 10% making it harder for even the best California students to get in. UCLA is his first choice, followed by Berkeley and then UC San Diego.

all three are tough schools to get into, but also great schools. Best of luck to him!

Originally posted by camdenlawprof:
Originally posted by RU MAN:

all three are tough schools to get into, but also great schools. Best of luck to him!
Thanks. So far he's on the right track. His weighted first semester GPA was 4.4. He takes honors English, honors Bio and honors geometry. Next year as a sophomore he will take his first AP class (European history) as well as honors chemistry, honors English and honors Algebra II.

ADVERTISEMENT