ADVERTISEMENT

Called it. Does anyone have any doubts now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just looked up Nuts' twitter. Talk about coocoo for cocoa puffs. I think he needs a timeout from the internet.

Reactions: mal359
Ok, just looked up Nuts' twitter. Talk about coocoo for cocoa puffs. I think he needs a timeout from the internet.

Oops, I mean he needs to be re-instated ASAP.

gold-jerry.png

Reactions: mal359
For years Nuts was an insufferable twit who spent his time picking fights with people he disagreed with and never let anything drop. It was only after his viewpoint turned negative that the mods cared. It's very, very obvious they police the negative more than the positive, they have even said as much (they get many more complaints about the board being too negative).

It is what it is, they have to run the place in a way that makes the most people happy, and that is with less tolerance of people who aren't roses and sunshine. I can't understand why anyone would expect anything different. This isn't a place setup for the free exchange of ideas, it is a fan message board and most fans don't want to hear negative talk about their team.
But you're still here correct? Bus is still here, right? Honestly, the incessant whining over who gets preferential treatment here is complete BS. The mods do a good job of refereeing what often becomes childish behavior. Both sides are heard. Folks get banned when they can't disagree respectfully or play nice in the sandbox together. And I know this has been said a million times, but I'll say it again: social media and sites like these aren't a democracy. You participate at the mods' discretion whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, there are other sites.

But you're still here correct? Bus is still here, right? Honestly, the incessant whining over who gets preferential treatment here is complete BS. The mods do a good job of refereeing what often becomes childish behavior. Both sides are heard. Folks get banned when they can't disagree respectfully or play nice in the sandbox together. And I know this has been said a million times, but I'll say it again: social media and sites like these aren't a democracy. You participate at the mods' discretion whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, there are other sites.
Well, I like to think I'm not an insufferable twit who picks fights with people I disagree with, though I expect I can name at least two posters who would beg to differ. I've had the exact discussion we're having with multiple mods and they were straightforward in saying negative gets less leeway. I don't think that's wrong, in fact said I agree with it in my original post so I'm unsure of why you seem to think I was whining.

I believe I'm the most accurate poster on the board. What I'll say about Nuts is often times he was a pain in the you know what. But the board is certainly better off with him than without him. He's also right a good majority of the time.

He had good info in regard to things going on at Rutgers, who and how to contact someone, policies, etc...I don't think he is a bad guy at all.
I kind of wish he could settle down on twitter, calm down some in general, understand John's concerns and come back to post in a reasonable manner. But that is up to Nuts and John.

BAC man...your posts in this thread are part of the problem. WB/skoolie/mooby/VKJ etc have voiced their concerns and opinion and while some may not agree, we are all having a pretty good discussion.
I also think that is why the mods have allowed this thread to go on. You and KF7 will be the reason it gets shut down

Heres the deal...I made one post and the Bugsy started laying into me..I am happy to discuss without people lobbing shots

Heres the deal...I made one post and the Bugsy started laying into me..I am happy to discuss without people lobbing shots

Laying into you?

You state, as if it is fact, that my concern about Herrman's ability to raise money, which many others also hold.....is flat-out stupid.

You lobbed the first grenade in thread, pal. How can you not recognize that?

I just called you out for your hypocrisy for saying you get shouted down for having an opinion that others don't agree with....when you and NUTS were GUILTY AS HELL for doing the exact same thing to me and others.

Either stop doing the same thing to others before condemning the "Blue Sky crowd".....or grow a pair and accept it is part of the nature of the board....but you can't have it both ways.

I believe I'm the most accurate poster on the board. What I'll say about Nuts is often times he was a pain in the you know what. But the board is certainly better off with him than without him. He's also right a good majority of the time.
First sentence us kind of funny for anyone to say about themselves...

We all have our realities and some folks realities are more real than others, LOL.

Kind of funny how bomb-throwers get on other bomb-throwers cases, claiming they started 'it' & so on. After awhile, most multi-page threads become another version of whack a mole. This one is close.

The truth is Nuts did more for the Rutgers Football community than any mod on this board has ever done.

As I left this board years ago only to return just about Nuts banning. Sorry guys all the privy information he may have provided he was not worth the condescending, pedantic, overbearing arrogances he vomited on this site. sorry but nuts ban was/is/will be good for this site the fact that there is so much discussion both +/- tells that this creature was a deferment to this site

Nuts went from one extreme to another in my 15yrs on this board: From a loyal GS son, to hate filled wanting Floods head. I have a beer with him once a season in Purple. He's a good man in person. He needed a time out here though (I could have used one back in Flood's second season - I have given up on the coach now). I am not on Twitter (Impossible to read and navigate).

Prediction: 5-7 in 2015. Recruiting class falls apart. Thanks Flood.

(Yup, Moz had to fella's)
And your pre season 2014 prediction was ....I 'm sure it wasn't 8 wins...

You said this:

Why was his concern about Julie "flat-out stupid" if your concerns about Flood aren't flat-out stupid?

Don't be such a friggin' d-bag bully. I kid, I kid - figured maybe we could get into a good shouting match just to show these amateurs how it's really done, lol. My buddy @mildone says we should hug it out, by the way. But then again, he's on the record stating he loves sheep and wishes he were bisexual, so he'd have more opportunities across the entire animal kingdom.

As I left this board years ago only to return just about Nuts banning. Sorry guys all the privy information he may have provided he was not worth the condescending, pedantic, overbearing arrogances he vomited on this site. sorry but nuts ban was/is/will be good for this site the fact that there is so much discussion both +/- tells that this creature was a deferment to this site
Having personally had many "disagree to agree spats" with Nuts , I do understand how his banning happened...he was a big fan of Greg Schiano... Nuts thought or listened to those who fed him BS about the future, available $$$$ for a top coach etc... I know he didn't care for Kyle Flood as many others on this board still don't ...Floods lack of ability to recruit 6-8 of New Jersey top 25 could be his downfall...Our guy Nuts became a bigger annoyance to some and never relinquished his ability to antagonize others over their opinions of the Rutgers program...The mods made a decision based upon his rants and negative vibes.

So- has anyone cleared up what the "sky is blue group" is? Am I "blue sky"? Is that an insult?

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long

Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

(Scat)

I never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

Read more: Ella Fitzgerald - Blue Skies Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
My fondest memory of him, beyond the aforementioned unnecessary commas, was when he went from taking the typical Nuts approach of screaming at everyone who was not happy with Flood right up until the Houston homecoming debacle of 2013, to screaming at everyone who was happy with/tolerated Flood immediately after. Usually people, even if their opinion has changed, will lay low after such a flip. But not him. That was something special.

Reactions: thad23 and mcbabz
the level of attacking by some and allowing only one viewpoint has been over the top the past few months. Its one of the reason why I don't bother coming here all that much. The thing is the so called kool aid drinkers are acting like this board is full of negativity when its not and go ballistic to try to shout down even the slightest criticism. Its sad but its my observation from watching the board. Discussion is allowed but only if a certain circle of posters approve of it.
Spot on!

"Your my blue sky, your my sunny day. Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way,turn your love my waaayyyyaaayyyy."

Love the Allman Bros.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
NUTS is, first and foremost, an incredible RU fan, and a superb organizer of parties and events for RU fans, almost all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. He also has generally been very plugged in to the program and often had excellent inside info, which he shared. He's also a really good guy, who genuinely likes people - I spent the better part of 3 days with him, including 30+ hours in a car and I really enjoyed our road trip to the Orlando Bowl and back. The fact that neither one of us tried to strangle the other is a good sign that he's actually easy to get along with...when he's not on the board.

However, as is no secret, for some reason he simply can't let disagreements go, which leads him to become extremely combative, which leads to a hefty number of complaints to the mods. Then, when he "went to the dark side" on Flood, his combativeness became very negatively tinged, which is simply harder for other posters and the mods to ignore - I think it became easier for them to ban him than to have to deal with the battles on the board and in their email inboxes from everyone involved. Look, the site is full of fans who all want the best things for RU, but most recognize we're not in the upper tier yet and have issues with the program and the coaching (despite performing above expectations last year), and can tolerate some criticism - but when it's constant, it just wears on people, the mods included.

I just wish he could dial the criticism back and ignore some of the baiting that goes on - and yes, there are more than a few folks on here who would bait him, knowing he'd respond - they're part of the problem, too. If he could do those things, I'm sure he would be welcomed back by the mods, since a more reserved, less combative NUTS is still way better for this board than no NUTS at all. However, the ball is in his court on that count, as far as I know, and since I don't do Twitter, I have no idea if he's past the point of trying to reform himself a bit, so he could come back - sounds like he's still pretty angry, which is unfortunate, as the guy has so much to offer.

Well that's my two cents on the topic...

Well, I've had fun reading everyone's opinions all day. As a mod, I'd say feel free to email me when there's an issue (noth0583 at gmail dot com) or use the "report posts" function. We'll definitely see them. Most mods aren't on this site 24/7 or read every post. If there's an issue, let them know.

Re: NUTS. That issue has been addressed by one or more posters correctly in this thread and incorrectly by a bunch more. NUTS negativity or positivity has nothing to do with whether or not he's here. It was the drama surrounding all of it. If NUTS wants to work it out with John, I'm sure John is more than willing to listen. If it's going to be like Twitter, I doubt he'd be here long. Personally, I hope he can come back. I enjoyed the banter on this board and all that he did for the posters here and fans in general.

We have never wanted a pollyanna board here. We want good debate on both sides of the arguments. It's when people don't want to give and take, but only give, that things go downhill. It's all about moderating your own posts so you don't come off as some sort of extremist jerk when you post. No mod cares which side of the argument you're on. They just care that your criticism is constructive and not just flat out bashing. Things aren't always rosy in Rutgers sports, so they want to make sure different opinions aren't shot down without some realistic debate to be made. Support the team, critique things, but don't be an ass and start stuff with other posters. If the extremism stopped (politics, Rutgers sports, whatever), people would be a lot happier on any message board.

Feel free to ask questions if you have them.

P.S. I don't have any idea what a "sky is blue" poster is either.

Yeah I was seeking attention. I try to keep scope. And try to preach scope. The board tends to over analyze every decision, of every snap, of every game, of every month, of every season. Not to mention program decisions. And then not take into account opposition and outside forces. I think I've done a good job doing so and have predicted most seasons and individual games to a T sans floods abomination of a coaching job in the 2013 AAC.

Extending my abilities to board matters ( ;) ) I think Nuts helped the board more than he hurt it.

And your pre season 2014 prediction was ....I 'm sure it wasn't 8 wins...

I predicted 8-9 wins. Although I had Penn St games as 8th win w/ potential for 9th in the bowl game.

Last edited:
Because your concern with Julie was flatout stupid. ..

Oh give me a break. This is the disconnect people like you don't realize: There is stupid on both sides of the equation. The reality of a FAN board is that there will always be a higher level of scrutiny towards negative posts. Stupid or factually incorrect positive posts (read: rutgersal and AYN before 2013 Houston game) just get ignored or cheered on because, surprise, we all are here to support our team. Take that same level of stupid and apply it to the negative (read: AYN after 2013 Houston game or most posters in game threads while we are losing) and people get annoyed. This is completely disjointed from the idea that no negative criticism can be levied; rather, you just have to be much more thoughtful and cogent with your arguments when being negative. That's just a fact of life you have to accept when joining a fan board.

That being said, I do agree there are SOME people who just cannot tolerate negative news/ view points no matter what. Example, Ruskoolie does an excellent job of analyzing our team and recruits (probably moreso than 99.9% of the people on this board) and tells it like it is with supporting reasons for his arguments, yet he frequently receives pejorative responses with no substance and was even banned for a little. If you have a hard time swallowing that, come up with your own thoughtful and logical argument as to why you disagree versus just shouting at him or running to the mods.

If you have a hard time swallowing that, come up with your own thoughtful and logical argument as to why you disagree versus just shouting at him or running to the mods.

No matter how you feel about any topic people should strive to do what you're saying. Being human it doesn't always work out but is a worthy goal.

I agree 100% with everything in this post...except for the first sentence.
I'm sure you believe you're the most accurate poster on the board, but everyone knows that I'm the most accurate....especially when it comes to baseball, politics, or Temple football.
BTW,as for Nuts, I was upset that he was blacklisted....until I read this thread. Now I sorta understand why it happened and why he hasn't been re-instated. It's a shame 'cause I thought he added a lot to the board. I'm not much for blacklisting anyone. And I defy anyone to find a Rivals board that allows as much of a range of opinions as this one. But it appears that my man Nuts went off the deep end. Sad.

But there's a big blue sky waiting right behind the clouds.

Well, I like to think I'm not an insufferable twit who picks fights with people I disagree with, though I expect I can name at least two posters who would beg to differ. I've had the exact discussion we're having with multiple mods and they were straightforward in saying negative gets less leeway. I don't think that's wrong, in fact said I agree with it in my original post so I'm unsure of why you seem to think I was whining.
I meant whining in a collective sense. Again you're still here and haven't been banned. No one is denying or excluding your viewpoint. You have fallen on the more skeptical side of the fence, but your posts are generally constructive and not combative. I never understand why this argument keeps popping up on this board. It's like Glenn Close in the bathtub in the final scene of Fatal Attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT