ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone give an evaluation of the RU womens soccer recruiting class?

ag67

All American
Jul 25, 2001
It was listed at the RU web site last week. I noticed that Coach Ciarrocca's (sp) daughter has transferred back to RU after her freshman year. I thought someone mentioned she was a talented player.

Did we bring in some players that will help us compete better with the teams at the very top?

I think 2015 is a solid class (headlined by the transfer of Ciarocca) but the 2016 class will be the real breakthrough. Already 9 2016 commits according to topdrawersoccer including a few big-time players from PDA.

Thanks, RU23, for filling me in. I really enjoy the wrestling and lax talk on this board, but i wish we had more posters who follow both of our soccer programs.

Thanks, RU23, for filling me in. I really enjoy the wrestling and lax talk on this board, but i wish we had more posters who follow both of our soccer programs.

67, I follow both soccer programs & attend as many games as possible, and really enjoy the updates & info. Thanks, RU23.

It was listed at the RU web site last week. I noticed that Coach Ciarrocca's (sp) daughter has transferred back to RU after her freshman year. I thought someone mentioned she was a talented player.

I'm confused. Was the coach's daughter on the RU team and left and now is back? That doesn't sound right and if someone can straighten me out, I'd appreciate it. Also, will she be eligible immediately?

Thanks.

No she was never at Rutgers, I believe he meant she transferred back home as she is from New Jersey, went to Vanderbilt for her freshman year, and is now returning to NJ to play at RU. Not sure if she's eligible immediately, that's a good question.

No she was never at Rutgers, I believe he meant she transferred back home as she is from New Jersey, went to Vanderbilt for her freshman year, and is now returning to NJ to play at RU. Not sure if she's eligible immediately, that's a good question.

I don't believe you have to sit out a year after transferring in soccer - unless they changed the rule recently.

The young lady sounds like a scorer & we can always use one, especially this year I believe. Steph Schultz & Madison Tiernan were our only consistent threats & scorers, & Steph has graduated. Unless someone or more than one from the current roster steps up, that leaves Madison. Madison is teriffic, very strong on the ball, with a nose for the goal, but doesn't have the speed that Steph had, unless she has gained some, which would be great & make her extremely tough to handle.

ADVERTISEMENT