ADVERTISEMENT

CFP- Michigan, Washington, Texas Alabama

sec best ooc win was louisville.

Shouldn't punish a team just because their conference is "down"........
Can't blame them for their conference schedule....

Did I get the talking point right?

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

't punish a team just because their conference is "down"........

What point are you trying to make

You are penalizing Bama/Georgia because their conference is "down" (SEC best win is Louisville).

But yet many people defended FSU SOS by saying "can't blame them because their conference and OOC teams were down. They can only play their schedule."

Can't simultaneously say "but FSU played 2 SEC teams OOC" and also say "SEC best win was only Louisville".

Was the SEC good or not?

You are penalizing Bama/Georgia because their conference is "down" (SEC best win is Louisville).

But yet many people defended FSU SOS by saying "can't blame them because their conference and OOC teams were down. They can only play their schedule."

Can't simultaneously say "but FSU played 2 SEC teams OOC" and also say "SEC best win was only Louisville".

Was the SEC good or not?
No you swung and miss there

Reactions: NickRU714
No you swung and miss there

Was the SEC a good conference this year?

Either they weren't (Bama/Georgia conference schedule not impressive but also FSU 2 OOC not impressive)

Or they were (Bama/Georgia conference schedule impressive and also FSU 2 OOC games were good)?

That’s why I find it funny that people are rooting for Bama because they don’t like cheaters 😀
Saban’s way is probably more effective. It’s essentially a recent internal source as opposed to deciphering things on your own.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s done in the pros and elsewhere on some level as well.

I don’t watch NFL anymore but I was a Raider fan and Al Davis was notorious for picking coaches’ brains in interviews only for that purpose.

Paywall article but some excerpts:

The values are more intrinsic than the stereotypical football ones often heard: They certainly preach winning the line of scrimmage and winning the turnover battle, but it goes beyond all that.

DeBoer and Grubb are believers in not wasting any seconds of the day with their players.

“When I think of the investment of time, that’s the one piece of currency that is the most valuable with your players,” Grubb said earlier this month. “That’s time. How expensive are things? Formations and motions are cheap. They’re not that hard to teach.”

It’s about getting your best athletes in space,” DeBoer said.

Grubb’s motto: “Easy for us, hard for them. That’s what I try to tell the guys.”

Earlier this fall, Mike Kuchar explored for The Athletic the X’s and O’s, and his general thesis aligned with what DeBoer explained.

Kuchar wrote: “The Huskies’ offensive innovation lies in their efficiency and simplicity. The operation is built on one core philosophy: creating space to exploit the one-on-one advantage. It is able do that schematically in three distinct ways:”

1. Creating horizontal stretches on underneath defenders

2. Creating vertical stretches on deep defenders

3. Mastering individual route technique

“The quarterback is going to be able to take us as far as he can with what his skills are and his understanding of the offense,” DeBoer said, “but in the end, it’s going to work around the players that we have. We’ve done it with the strength of our team being the tight ends, we’ve done it with the strength of our team being the running backs, the receivers, we’ve had success in a lot of different ways.”

We’re going to play aggressively,” DeBoer said.

“You always hear the adage, ‘We want to do it better than everybody,’” Grubb said. “I tell the guys, ‘I want to be the only one doing it.’”

Paywall article but some excerpts:

The values are more intrinsic than the stereotypical football ones often heard: They certainly preach winning the line of scrimmage and winning the turnover battle, but it goes beyond all that.

DeBoer and Grubb are believers in not wasting any seconds of the day with their players.

“When I think of the investment of time, that’s the one piece of currency that is the most valuable with your players,” Grubb said earlier this month. “That’s time. How expensive are things? Formations and motions are cheap. They’re not that hard to teach.”

It’s about getting your best athletes in space,” DeBoer said.

Grubb’s motto: “Easy for us, hard for them. That’s what I try to tell the guys.”

Earlier this fall, Mike Kuchar explored for The Athletic the X’s and O’s, and his general thesis aligned with what DeBoer explained.

Kuchar wrote: “The Huskies’ offensive innovation lies in their efficiency and simplicity. The operation is built on one core philosophy: creating space to exploit the one-on-one advantage. It is able do that schematically in three distinct ways:”

1. Creating horizontal stretches on underneath defenders

2. Creating vertical stretches on deep defenders

3. Mastering individual route technique

“The quarterback is going to be able to take us as far as he can with what his skills are and his understanding of the offense,” DeBoer said, “but in the end, it’s going to work around the players that we have. We’ve done it with the strength of our team being the tight ends, we’ve done it with the strength of our team being the running backs, the receivers, we’ve had success in a lot of different ways.”

We’re going to play aggressively,” DeBoer said.

“You always hear the adage, ‘We want to do it better than everybody,’” Grubb said. “I tell the guys, ‘I want to be the only one doing it.’”

I didn’t realize Mizzou’s first year OC Kirby Moore also worked under DeBoer at Fresno. Mizzou ranked in the top 10 this year and their offense is top 25 or better in total, YPP and scoring.

I think it's pretty disrespectful to single out Jordan Travis' injury as the primary reason they didn't get it. The CFB needs to remove that language from the criteria. There are 21 other players on the field. One injury shouldn't invalidate an entire season.
It didn't the year Ohio State won.

What I always say, make it work with what you have.

From the article;

We’re mentors and teachers first,” Grubb said. “And I think that the better you can be at filling in gaps and doing the best with the resources that you have, regardless of where you’re at … if you’re at the New York Jets or Washington or University of Sioux Falls, it doesn’t matter.

“I think you always want to make the most of what you have … and make everything about the players and the people. And I think that that translates, no matter where you’re at.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
NIL is all murky and opaque as I’ve said and don’t believe everything you read or hear

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT