ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Minland

jiggscasey

All American
Nov 29, 2003
This week there were 4 predictions that he is coming here. What do you guys think of his game?

Originally posted by higgins3:
Size smart physical respectful
I don't care who's recruiting him or how many offers he has from big schools. When I see at this clip I see a player that knows how to score and get into the paint to score. If a play breaks down he will go one on one and look to score. An Eli Carter type scorers mentality.

The step back jumper in the corner at 0.50 is a thing of beauty.
This post was edited on 3/28 3:40 PM by RU-Choppin-Ohio

Game

No doubt.Definitely a big guard. I don't care who's recruiting anyone. Also,we likely wouldn't win a recruiting battle against 75% of teams so we shouldn't try.

I like this kids play. Theres different needs but who knows Diallo could play 4 and Lewis 5. Diallo was close with Etou but i bet he stays. I hope.

I also read he will be only 17 when he starts school. Young kid who is still maturing.

No doubt.Definitely a big guard. I don't care who's recruiting anyone. Also,we likely wouldn't win a recruiting battle against 75% of teams so we shouldn't try.

I like this kids play. Theres different needs but who knows Diallo could play 4 and Lewis 5. Diallo was close with Etou but i bet he stays. I hope.
I'm sure the usual negative posters will come around and slam his recruiting by Jordan. We all know who they are....lol.

Only played bball for two years and made scored 1500 points. Rutgers needs to recruit a smarter player. Someone who is coachable, no ego. A decent sat score,etc. Minland is it. Does he fit a direct need? Not exactly, but still would be a plus.

Etou opens up a new scholarship. I would take both minland and laurent.

Was he only 15 when that highlight tape was made ???

I like the first YouTube comment about him.

I remember when Charles first transferred to
our school he was in my algebra 2 class lol. The Guy is a class act, focuses on
his studies just as much as his game. Just a great guy in general. Hope you go
far man, remember to keep God first!
This post was edited on 3/28 4:46 PM by RU-Choppin-Ohio

Those fans have seen a lot more than us, or I rather. They've just seen too much losing, so I can't say much.

I don't mind Etou leaving. If people like Mw, DJ leave, we are another 2-3 years before we see a 14 win season.

Seems like a positive group consensus on Minland. Hopefully hell end up here.

I didn't know we were this interested in him. Does anyone think someone else might be leaving and that's why we went after him? I don't know, just wondering.

higgins3 posted on 3/28/2015...
Seems like a positive group consensus on Minland. Hopefully hell end up here.

I
didn't know we were this interested in him. Does anyone think someone
else might be leaving and that's why we went after him? I don't know,
just wondering.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry to be a downer, but his recruiting roll-up doesn't look high-major worthy. I will defer to others in that maybe he could be an under-recruited steal. Okoro is a big guard fwiw....

Again this kid will only be 17 when he starts college. Think his upside is very good.

Rc, very different player than Okoro who is now a junior. Staying at one school does a lot for your career. Just look at everyones stats who left. Iowa state transfer didn't help his case.

Unfortunately we cannot get many high majors to commit here. Minland has a great upside as shields said. Surprised he doesn't have many offers

Honestly didn't want this kid. I'd rather hold out for Ellison and walk away with nothing if Ellison goes elsewhere.

Originally posted by RUKeystone:
Honestly didn't want this kid. I'd rather hold out for Ellison and walk away with nothing if Ellison goes elsewhere.
Honestly based on just the video I have seen, I really like Mineland, definitely want him here.

If Charles is going the prep route than I guess we only have Ellison and Freeman that we are still recruiting for this year. We really need to get at least one of these guys. It is too bad if Minlend goes prep as we seem to have been the team recruiting him the hardest. Hopefully he will remember that in the future.

Knights, i hope we keep an eye on Minland,too. Actually, really EJ should keep in contact with him throughout the year. I think he is a BIG player.

His tape was very mature. I'd almost say I'd take him over Ellison. Just seems like a good kid that loves the game and not the fame.

Wow, what a dilemma -- start college life and play in the B1G or go to a boarding school in East Buttecrack, WV, or in the woods of northern NH and play in empty gyms against other wannabees for another year.

If he had an offer from any other staff in the B1G, do you think it would be a dilemma? Or a done deal?

78, i am pretty sure hes 17. He only picked up a basketball 2 years ago so I think he is trying to hone his skills. Hopefully he'll keep us in mind.

78, i am pretty sure hes 17. He only picked up a basketball 2 years ago so I think he is trying to hone his skills. Hopefully he'll keep us in mind.
Have to agree with 78 here. Prep school next year will not guarantee him any offer from other P5 schools. He has one in hand and said "thanks but no thanks I'll take my chances that something better will come along".

And that sucks.

I can't think of a year in the last two decades that we didn't need more choices at guard.

I liked his tape a lot and he seemed like a bright, mature kid. Hope he changes his mind and signs on for Corey's Magic Carpet Ride.

ADVERTISEMENT