ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Weis

200.gif

Two BCS bowl appearences and a winning record before attempting to coach a perennial mine fire. You guys have a strange metric.

This may not be an option for $ and/or philosophy reasons, but what about Weis as OC and Schiano as HC? Weis has a solid pedigree as an OC (he won a Super Bowl with the Pats), so could that be an option for him at this stage of his career?

I hope this thread is in jest....if tuna loves his home state he won't even apply...no more self indulgent types..we need a real young coach with energy.

As much as I dislike the idea of CW, he maybe one of the only coaches willing to take the job. Between the amount we're willing to pay and the scum bag local press, who would want the job. No big name would dare risk their career for this disfunctional University.

he would be better than Flood or Wilson but he may have too much tarnish on his record right now.

As much as I dislike the idea of CW, he maybe one of the only coaches willing to take the job. Between the amount we're willing to pay and the scum bag local press, who would want the job. No big name would dare risk their career for this disfunctional University.

A proven loser, might as well keep Flood and lose on the cheap.
As far as who'd be willing to take the position,.mid major HCs , assistants at P5 schools ( maybe not the top of the line but pretty good candidates) and the unemployed.
Rutgers is a B1G school and there are a lot of top candidates that have enough confidence in themselves to take the RU HC position (dysfunctional University. or not) knowing success at RU will make their star shine brighter then some other P5 schools because of RU 's location and history of failure.

Money is what will make RU unacceptable, a competitive HC salary and funds for the new HC to hire the type of staff that could make it easier to succeed.won't be there for there. to convince those with other options to take the RU HC position .
Salaries & Contracts
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

Are you kidding? Coaches who heavily recruit this state know what a gold mine the players here are. I like Coach Flood but the right coach can keep the top kids home and any coach would take this job if they want to do that.

Are you kidding? Coaches who heavily recruit this state know what a gold mine the players here are. I like Coach Flood but the right coach can keep the top kids home and any coach would take this job if they want to do that.

You mean coaches like Addazio, that snubbed us and went to BC and took Hillimon and a bunch of other Jersey recruits with him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT