ADVERTISEMENT

Chas Dodd in Italy

Wow. I like seeing all those Italian names in the game highlights. The last Italian passing combo I can remember was Babe Parilli to Gino Capeletti for the old Boston Patroits.

Liked the story better before I clicked on the highlights link... man that D was awful. But good luck Dodd.

Originally posted by 76Scarlet:
Thanks! This is great to hear and very happy for Chas. Not a knock against Nova (also very talented) but I still say we did not use Dodd properly to our (and his) advantage.
Think the same could be said about Gary, until Fridge came along.
Would have loved to see how Ralph F used Chas and made the most out of his ability.

Wishing the best for Dodd and I have a feeling he might go into coaching after he's done playing , but don't know if he wants to.

Re: Playing for Pizza!!

Originally posted by Silvers88:
John Grisham's book about American Football in Italy is a great read.

Best of luck to Chas, hopefully he gets the most out of his time in Italy.
I thought the same thing - just read that book a little over a month ago. For those who might not have noticed Silvers88's subject, the book is "Playing for Pizza". There is a Rutgers alum in the story, too (although he is not the main character).

Way to go, Chas!

Italy%20-%20Subway%20Meal%20-%2007-08.jpg

Originally posted by scottydont:
This is such cool news! Congrats to Chas and the Marines.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Italian Football League, read "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham. Funny, engaging book about a former NFL quarterback who goes to play in Italy.

Stan, please keep us posted on the team and Chas' season as it unfolds.
This is the first thing I thought of as I was opening the post...really good read

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT