ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Claypool WR

RealityChech2

Senior
Mar 21, 2007
Keep an eye out for this kid. Has 9 P5 offers including Oregon, ND, Nebraska, Michigan, Tennessee.

Is on the RU campus today.

From his video with Todd Hunt on NJ.com - it seems like we are in great position. Got the sense a commitment could come tomorrow.

What's happening with Kelvin Harmon?
Been wondering about that too. I still hope we get him, but clearly Flood is not putting all of his eggs in 1 basket. I thought Harmon would have committed by now, but I guess we're not as clear cut of a favorite as we thought.

If he does give a verbal commitment, I hope RU can hold onto him to signing, he is from a long way away.

Been wondering about that too. I still hope we get him, but clearly Flood is not putting all of his eggs in 1 basket. I thought Harmon would have committed by now, but I guess we're not as clear cut of a favorite as we thought.

Found a story on-line from RU Passing Camp that reports Harmon has RU in top 3 with NC St and SoCarolina right now. Didn't seem like a commitment was happening anytime soon though. More interesting info from the Camp:

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1778607

Seems to be some conflicting info about Claypool right now. TH was bullish but other sources say a decision is not close.

If we DID land Claypool, Rene, and Villain, could we say that Canada is now part of the state of Rutgers? lol

According to that article, Claypool will be doing official visits during the early fall so it will be awhile. That is quite a lineup of opponents we face in recruiting him as well.

I read in The Oregonian today that Claypool will be announcing at The Opening next week in Beaverton. They think that Oregon is still the leader but acknowledge that RU, Michigan and Notre Dame are in the mix.

From the video I saw while he was recently here, he hinted that he might commit while here if we had an interest in some other teammates of his. I could be mistaken but I think that's what I heard. And he was going to see how that went before deciding whether to commit now. Anybody know anything about those guys or if there is any interest? I was not encouraged by what sounded like an unrealistic suggestion of an instant package deal; so I didn't bother to look into the other guys. Claypool looks great in action -- great hands and solid, smart, good guy as well in interviews I watched. He would be a star here -- no doubt about it.

Claypool, Mack and Wright, catching passes from Russo, would be a site to behold. Let's hope we recruit some more elite lineman so Russo has time to get it to them!

247sports crystal ball prediction for Claypool has it as..ND: 67%, RU:17%, Oregon: 11%. (Since that doesn't total 100%, guess the other 5% is reserved for some dark horse that might come out of nowhere to grab him.)

Sure hope 247's crystal ball is foggy on this one since I would be ecstatic if this young guy suited up in Scarlet.

Seems we won't have to wait too much longer to find out where Chase is headed since it appears, (as of 7/4, anyway), that he'll announce on either July 9th or 10th.

Cherry on the cake ? What the heck is that

Icing on the cake

Or

Cherry on top

If I lose control of all the cliches in the USA I'm ml in to Guam

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
Cherry on the cake ? What the heck is that

Icing on the cake

Or

Cherry on top

If I lose control of all the cliches in the USA I'm ml in to Guam
hehe cherry on top of the cake with icing...I thought everyone liked that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT