ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K Paraphrasing Jimmy V. & ESPN - Duke Ho's

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
After UNC defeated Duke by over 10....EPSN continued coverage of a tribute to him for 1/2 hour or more, sans commercials. The love fest: to ensure that Coach K's legacy is preserved and to directly or indirectly assist in recruiting (IMO).

Does K after 42 years deserve some kind of credit? Of course. But that could have been available thru the ESPN portal, instead Duke gets the royal flush treatment (glad they lost tonight).

At the end of 3 Duke dignitaries honoring K, he stated something like" I never take off my wedding ring, or the ring from Army which she fixed by replacing a black stone with a blue one... so you honor your family. your alma mater and your family (Duke)". IMO this seems like it a loose translation of Jimmy V's famous ESPY speech: "Your Family. Your Religion and Rutgers Basketball" . Va;vamo 1 ... Coach K 0.

Hell even CNN pauses for commercials while covering a war.

Guess Coach K is SPECIAl .

MO

I think they were very close friends. Like coach K was at his death bed kind of close. So I see nothing wrong with it. It’s an homage to his friend and if you coach a team like these coaches do for decades I can see that sentiment for all of them.

Just wish it wasn't the U of No Classes necessary that took the Dukies down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT