ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Re-alignments

RUcrazee

Senior
Jan 23, 2020
Sounded like one of tonight's game announcers said something about Stanford and Cal joining the ACC next season. ??

With all the attention on USC and UCLA joining the B1G next season, tonight was the first I'd heard this.

Also, saw for the first time, a mention of Clemson and FSU leaving the ACC to join the B1G. This stuff is getting crazy!! If we don't get our act together (men's and women's bb and fb), will we be booted out of the conference?? Can a school be shown the door??

Winning a conference title will really be a monumental task.

Sounded like one of tonight's game announcers said something about Stanford and Cal joining the ACC next season. ??

With all the attention on USC and UCLA joining the B1G next season, tonight was the first I'd heard this.

Also, saw for the first time, a mention of Clemson and FSU leaving the ACC to join the B1G. This stuff is getting crazy!! If we don't get our act together (men's and women's bb and fb), will we be booted out of the conference?? Can a school be shown the door??

1 - Stanford and Cal are joining the ACC because they had no other choice, really, They, Washington State and Oregon State were all that were left, and at least someone wanted them. The 2 "States" will be in the Mountain West for football and the West Coast Conference for everything else. They are looking to eventually remake a "new" PAC 12.

2 - In addition to USC and UCLA, the B1G gets Oregon and Washington as well.

3 - The Arizona and Mountain schools (Colorado / Utah) are off to the Big 12, replacing Texas and OK that are SEC bound.

4 - The ACC is also picking up SMU. Clemson and FSU do want out, but so far as I know there is some court cases to be determined and also not 100% sure they wouldn't try for the SEC.

The end goal I think is for it to be the B1G and SEC and everyone else "lesser". While there has been talk about teams being kicked out (and I'm sure RU might be on the list) this is also a way down the road, if it ever does come to something like that. And its all about football, really.

Reactions: RUcrazee
Cal and stanny in the ATLANTIC coast conference 😆😆😆 re-alignment is a joke and there are many schools kluged into relationships that make no geographic/historic or common sense… (like RU with anyone out west)

Alas, RU has no rivalries anyways so may as well pretend anyone will care beyond the novelty year or two…🤦🏻‍♂️

No that ain’t happening

Nope… if we continue playing good football and because of our regional following on TV I don’t see that. Sure anything is possible just not in the near future.

Reactions: dconifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT