ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats RU wrestling-Attendance Figures

Thanks. If the OSU match was held at the RAC, we might have been Top 5. $$$$

That is damn impressive for the first year. It will only get better over the next few years with AA ... and maybe some more A-A's ... in the program.

The potential of this program boiling is closer than it looks. Right now we're simmering in the pot. 5-10 years from now look pretty exciting to me.

Do you think this was just the result of the new B1G or that the NJ/PA fans will continue to come and see this team because of strong wrestling is in the area and keep us as a top 10 team in attendance?

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
Do you think this was just the result of the new B1G or that the NJ/PA fans will continue to come and see this team because of strong wrestling is in the area and keep us as a top 10 team in attendance?
I do think that the 1st year in the B1G helped and it was a great home schedule this year. I also think RU will remain anywhere from 5-8 in attendance over the next few years. They drew very well when they were not in the B1G.

Heck of a list to be on.

Further evidence Jersey loves their wrestling. Rutgers could really create something special here.

As attendance spikes, Rutgers wrestling takes strides as revenue-producing

From 2008-12, Rutgers averaged $40,944 in ticket-sales revenue but that line-item has increased 159 percent over the previous two seasons, according to the school's annual Fiscal Year report filed to the NCAA.

In 2012-13, when Rutgers concluded the season by hosting the EIWA Championships, the wrestling program drew in a record $171,778 in ticket revenue. For its final season in the EIWA last winter, Rutgers grossed $40,801 in ticket sales, a decrease that can be attributed to the fact that five of the six matches were held at the Barn.
This post was edited on 3/19 11:23 AM by Tango Two

Rutgers wrestling takes strides as revenue-produce

The Rutgers wrestling team can add another accolade to its list of accomplishments from its first Big Ten Conference season. The program finished sixth in the country in attendance, according to a report released by Roby Publishing.

The Scarlet Knights drew 18,877 fans to the Rutgers Athletic Center and College Ave. Gym across seven duals in 2014-15 - an average of 2,697 per match - and reset the program single-match attendance record twice. Five of the top-six programs in attendance hailed from the Big Ten.

Rutgers Wrestling Posts Sixth-Best National Attend

Re: Nice - another Eastern program drawing well

The NCAA wrestling championships will be at Madison Sq Garden in NYC in 2016. Tickets now on sale (I think).

Re: Nice - another Eastern program drawing well

Originally posted by Chickenman Testa:
Helps coax the NCAA to hold the finals outside the Midwest more often.
I believe they usually rotate from West Coast, to Midwest, to East Coast on annual basis or thereabout.

Originally posted by Tango Two:

The Rutgers wrestling team can add another accolade to its list of accomplishments from its first Big Ten Conference season. The program finished sixth in the country in attendance, according to a report released by Roby Publishing.

The Scarlet Knights drew 18,877 fans to the Rutgers Athletic Center and College Ave. Gym across seven duals in 2014-15 - an average of 2,697 per match - and reset the program single-match attendance record twice. Five of the top-six programs in attendance hailed from the Big Ten.
Yo Tango Two--what did you think the first post said?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

C-husk-2016-NYC at MSG
2017-St. Louis
2018-Cleveland

Originally posted by ScarletGrapfan:

Originally posted by Tango Two:

Yo Tango Two--what did you think the first post said?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

C-husk-2016-NYC at MSG
2017-St. Louis
2018-Cleveland

Stand Corrected. Majority of Championships in Midwest, and St. Louis holding its' fair share

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Wrestling_Championships

ADVERTISEMENT