ADVERTISEMENT

Coppin State grad transfer visits

Good to hear. Will be a hard get as usual.

If elikson, freeman or smith come here. the STAFF is doing a phenomenal recruiting job and this board will have to hold off on criticizing them for a week!Haha.

Somebody must have woken Jordan and staff up from their nap.

How much are the lack of good facilities a factor in recruits visiting and not signing on to play against B1G competition? Waters said he had to deemphasize facilities during visits. How is that possible?

Pretty important i think.

If a recruit comes here and finds out that their is only one basketball facility to practice on, that means less time for their development. I guess they could always play at campus gyms, but they want to seem invested in.

More court time equals more opportunity for improvement.

Originally posted by higgins3:
Pretty important i think.

If a recruit comes here and finds out that their is only one basketball facility to practice on, that means less time for their development. I guess they could always play at campus gyms, but they want to seem invested in.

More court time equals more opportunity for improvement.
Higgins....I have always thought about a practice facility in terms of the WOW factor when recruits visit. But, practice time for development is the most important factor. Guys like Williams, Goode and Johnson should be in the gym at every opportunity taking shots from all over the court. They don't have the opportunity to do so unless you give keys for the RAC to the players to come and go as they please.....and that's not happening.

Yeah, that's what I am saying. I see players going over to the RAC at different times of the day but until you have access to courts all the time, your development is lessened a little. Right now the mens and womans team have to schedule with each other for practice time. Something like that is going to leave us in the bottom until it changes.

A recruit may be initially "Wowed" by a facility but ultimately he is thinking "Cool, that's a place i can dribble and shoot a basketball and get better"

Originally posted by higgins3:
A recruit may be initially "Wowed" by a facility but ultimately he is thinking "Cool, that's a place i can dribble and shoot a basketball and get better"
A practice facility is more than a place to shoot baskets.

no doubt it is. but an issue ru bball deals with is court time. More court time allows players opportunities to get better.

Cornell doesnt have a practise facility and they have fielded some good basketball teams and done well in the NCAAS when they have gone.

The athletic facilities in general are antiquated and yet The Big Red field ranked teams in D1 Lacrosse, Wrestling and Hockey.
-Lynah Rink is ancient and tiny but considered an historical landmark...people argue about seasons hockey tickets in divorces they are in such demand.

- Rutgers lacrosse facilities are was better than Schoellkoph Crescent....

-the wrestling facilities look like something out of high school

It isnt always about facilities

Gents,

Stop being cornballs about facilities. You honestly think there's not a court on campus the bball team can't reserve for extended practice time? Just stop it already. Let's win with what we have and then use BIG and Alum money to build a new arena/practice facility because this state will not support Rutgers basketball plain and simple. NJ gave two sh*ts about the Nets leaving and the population density could support that team. Winning and patience is needed in order for RU bball facilitis to go to the next level.

GO RU

Satnom, i know what you're saying but do you think some parent wants to hear their kids have to go to a rec gym to get practice in?No, they want to see an investment from the school. Besides, everyone has one.

Do i think they need new locker rooms and heated toilet seats?No, i think that's over done. I do think a practice facility is needed,though.

Originally posted by satnom:
Gents,

Stop being cornballs about facilities. You honestly think there's not a court on campus the bball team can't reserve for extended practice time? Just stop it already. Let's win with what we have and then use BIG and Alum money to build a new arena/practice facility because this state will not support Rutgers basketball plain and simple. NJ gave two sh*ts about the Nets leaving and the population density could support that team. Winning and patience is needed in order for RU bball facilitis to go to the next level.

GO RU
No offense, but with comments like that you clearly don't have a clue about the recruiting process and what recruits are shown when they visit schools. They spend the bulk of their day AT THE FACILITY. Anyone who thinks facilities do not matter is completely clueless on the subject, I'm sorry.

RUSkool,

I'm with you on the need for "wow" facilities to recruit but suggesting that the team does not have a place to practice whenever it wants is bullcrap. Per CVS RU needs more than just a fresh coat of paint and new signs. We all want top notch facilities but it won't without BIG football $ or alum $. It won't happen with Trenton $ is all I'm saying. Let's exceed expectations until Rutgers can do it for itself.

GO RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT