ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Sanders at Rutgers...Right Now....

seels2662

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Aug 17, 2005
He just posted a video of him on the campus...can we end the rumors that he didn't make it?

The bouncing from schools was a concern and I think he's fine and at worse has a clearinghouse delay, similar to what Etou experienced. Best case is he's cleared and in summer classes later this month or early June at RU and off to the races. I'm not concerned about Sanders at all.

He's probably on his official since he's only been on campus unofficially in the summer time. Great to get him on campus before the guys leave out on break.

He's probably on his official since he's only been on campus unofficially in the summer time. Great to get him on campus before the guys leave out on break.
Or maybe taking summer classes.

Will still feel better when he's playing his first games. Our two players that sat out this year made it to campus too.

Or maybe taking summer classes.

Will still feel better when he's playing his first games. Our two players that sat out this year made it to campus too.
Summer classes have not started.

i feel a little better about his shooting after watching this video. Not the smoothest form and a little off balance but he looks like he is capable from the outside.

Not the smoothest form and a little off balance? You reached that conclusion after watching him take 5 shots?

Reactions: RUMountie
Not the smoothest form and a little off balance? You reached that conclusion after watching him take 5 shots?

I came to the same conclusion watching this video. What's your point? I've actually watched many videos in which Corey shows some bad form. But in the end, nobody will care as long as it goes in.

I came to the same conclusion watching this video. What's your point? I've actually watched many videos in which Corey shows some bad form. But in the end, nobody will care as long as it goes in.

Thanks PhilaPhans. Although this is a fan message board and we are free to share our non-expert type opinions there are always some who choose to question our ability to make observations. I've watched a lot of RU MBB over the years and have seen some great shooters play at the RAC. I hope that Corey becomes one of them.

Coreys game is driving to an extent, but if he can make that shoot consecutively that will be a huge help. Actually, probably has to be a priority at this point.

50% of his success in HS came off drivig and dunking and having a good handle. As awesome s his athletic ability is, the lane won't be as open in college and we're in the smartest league. If he hits the 3, another dimension to his gam. I know he hit 3ps this year at West Oaks,too.

My point is that it is Silly to look at that video of 5 shots and say he was off balance or had bad form. My point is that I don't feel the need to offer up criticism just for the sake of it.
My point is that I don't like generic terms that criticize players without some details.

That's not fair to our players !!!!!!

He was shooting stand still jump shots........He caught the ball stepped in and shot a jumper. Pinpoint where he became off balance? Did he stumble after he landed after each shot?

What was wrong with his form? He elbows were in and facing the basket, good arc and elevation on the shots, he released the ball at a high point at or above his head and he maintained his follow through.

I would like for you to highlight the bad form on those 5 shots in the video. Please edify me because I don't see it.

Last edited:
Choppin,everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's what makes the globe tick.

Choppin,everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's what makes the globe tick.

I know......but, generic criticism without some detail is not fair to our players.

Everyone has the right to criticize and I Have the right to challenge unwarranted criticism directed at our players. For example: Goode has not played a game and he is being criticized, Sanders takes his first shots in the RAC and he is being criticized.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletKnightRider
We just need Corey to be good enough to keep people honest. Doesn't have to be great, just ok.

Provided our 2 AND 3 are good shooters all Corey needs to be is a threat to make the 3 pointer

To run an effective offense sometines it'sore important to be a threat than to actually score

We need 4 guys on the floor at all times who are a threat. We have not had that since I was a student which not coincidentally was the last time we went dancing

Though we do need someone to actually put it in the bucket next year. Just saying
That is true. And Corey will put it in the bucket in bunches. And he will distribute the ball so others will put it in the bucket. He's just not going to do it from behind the arc all the time.

Reactions: RUAEPI
That is true. And Corey will put it in the bucket in bunches. And he will distribute the ball so others will put it in the bucket. He's just not going to do it from behind the arc all the time.

The threat of having a PG that can hit a 3 is very important. Defenders will have to pick their poison, play close and I will drive past you, play off and I will hit the 3.

Reactions: RUAEPI
ADVERTISEMENT