ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Sanders plays in a league game last night.

higgins3

All American
Dec 15, 2012

Pull up 3 is looking decent. Have seen it on a variety of videos. He is not the true pg a lot of us want but he will contribute. One thing is too,unlike someone like Seagers he will listen to Eddie Jordan. I just have a good hunch.

Reactions: njcanesfan
It will be interesting to start seeing him with real defense on him. I'm more interested in his dribble penetration than his outside shooting. He needs to keep them honest, but if he can penetrate, he can pull the defense in and hit open guys for 3's, or cuts to basket.

Reactions: higgins3
Man, this kid is special. Land a good class this season and we will break our ncaa drought while Corey is here.

I re
You realize that's a highlight video?

(And, just to be accurate, none of them were nothing but net.)

I do realize that. Looking back, it seems like shots were nothing but net. i wouldn't know though. I am not the net and I didn't have a go pro camera to inspect every piece of the ball as it hit the net/rim.

I guess it's hard to just appreciate a player. A kid who came rose from a tough background and is a above average player.

It will be interesting to start seeing him with real defense on him. I'm more interested in his dribble penetration than his outside shooting. He needs to keep them honest, but if he can penetrate, he can pull the defense in and hit open guys for 3's, or cuts to basket.

Like Phil Jackson said, he believes it's still all about getting to the basket.The game has changed a little. I think with defense you can expect 8 pts+, and four/five assist. His floater is definitely very much improved. His set three, improved. His off dribble shot, still getting there. I am excited for Corey. Not only as a basketball player but for a kid who had little guidance growing up and has made it to where he is.

Reactions: RUAEPI
I re

I do realize that. Looking back, it seems like shots were nothing but net. i wouldn't know though. I am not the net and I didn't have a go pro camera to inspect every piece of the ball as it hit the net/rim.

I guess it's hard to just appreciate a player. A kid who came rose from a tough background and is a above average player.

Higgs,
You are wasting your time with these kind of guys, they are not gonna be happy until RU gets back to the Final Four and they
definitely don't see EJ and his staff or players as being capable of making that happen. They don't want to hear about progress and process.
Anyway I am very excited about Corey Sanders and I think he is gonna be a much more complete player than what you see on hi-lite reels.

Higgs,
You are wasting your time with these kind of guys, they are not gonna be happy until RU gets back to the Final Four and they
definitely don't see EJ and his staff or players as being capable of making that happen. They don't want to hear about progress and process.
Anyway I am very excited about Corey Sanders and I think he is gonna be a much more complete player than what you see on hi-lite reels.

I am,too. His highlight reels show athleticism, a working jump shot, a working 3 pt shot, and a great floater. He will be a player for us

Reactions: pmnj
I am,too. His highlight reels show athleticism, a working jump shot, a working 3 pt shot, and a great floater. He will be a player for us

I also think Corey will be dangerous on defense pressuring the ball, getting in passing lanes and stealing the ball, maybe even some key rebounds.

Any freshman at this level will have moments of pause....if he didn't, he would be heading to the NBA in 2 years. An ideal situation is that Sanders has an erratic, but explosive year and that Kwe Parker arrives the following season to do the same to compliment the athleticism and swagger this program needs high doses of at this time.

Anyone knocking the most explosive athlete RU has landed in a very long time, is just going to have unrealistic expectations....he is not D'Angelo Russell folks, he has pieces of his game he will work on and improve on here at RU....at the same time, there is a freakish/athleticism that needs polish and I'm willing to enjoy Sanders (and hopefully Parker etc) make these growth spurts here at RU, vs somewhere else.

I have also seen video of him working on his game with a coach (in one of the Decision videos). I am confident he will put in the work to improve anything that needs improving.

He can hit them,though. As a point guard, he will hit them. I am confused how we all criticize this kid to no end. A kid like this we should just be happy he made it here. Oh well though.

Oh without a doubt, the kid is a baller and can hit well enough to take the shot, but people going back and forth about weather he swished, banked it, barely hit the rim, whatever---it went it.

Corey Sanders is the only reason I'm actually going to show up to games next year. Love the kids personality and skill, as I said earlier the kid is a straight up BALLER.

Quite frankly, we don't deserve a player like Corey. Give EJ tons of credit because the kid is big time, at a minimum, Rutgers will become at least respectable during Corey's time. Thank you for picking Rutgers Mr. Sanders!

I do think we deserve him. I think along with ike Williams, Freeman, Diallo and Lewis he is on a starting five that will be able to win games. I do think we're a better team this year.

Sanders and Williams with their guard defense already puts us in a better spot. Laurent, active off bench and on the boards puts us in a better spot. I think from an academic perspective, Corey deserves this school.

He is very excited about the learning process. We deserve a player like him, and vice versa. I am excited for Sanders and for the rest of the team.RRRR

I do think we deserve him. I think along with ike Williams, Freeman, Diallo and Lewis he is on a starting five that will be able to win games. I do think we're a better team this year.

Sanders and Williams with their guard defense already puts us in a better spot. Laurent, active off bench and on the boards puts us in a better spot. I think from an academic perspective, Corey deserves this school.

He is very excited about the learning process. We deserve a player like him, and vice versa. I am excited for Sanders and for the rest of the team.RRRR

Are you a friend of his by any chance?

Are you a friend of his by any chance?

Rac, I am not. But I follow him on twitter where Sanders seems to throw every thought that ever came to his mind. I remember bringing it up and he tweeted he was really enjoying classes.

Well I guess it wouldn't be a Rutgers forum if people were trying to find reasons to question the ability of one of our own.

Just unreal.

Higgins often speaks about him from a personal, friendship stance. Was curious if he knew him.

Just unreal.

In my car with my 14 year old....he asks me if Jack or Mack are getting drafted, I said probably not...he then asks how are we going to be next year, who do we having coming back...I mention we will have a new guy Sanders who is supposed to be very good...3 minutes goes by and I hear him scream WOW....

Higgins often speaks about him from a personal, friendship stance. Was curious if he knew him.

Just unreal.
Just follow him on twitter. I only follow a couple people on there so I see what he post. I have no friendship with him. He does seem to tweet a bunch though and has mentioned he's really enjoying the education. I have no inside scoop and will never claim to. Just go by what I see with my two eyes.

In my car with my 14 year old....he asks me if Jack or Mack are getting drafted, I said probably not...he then asks how are we going to be next year, who do we having coming back...I mention we will have a new guy Sanders who is supposed to be very good...3 minutes goes by and I hear him scream WOW....

That's awesome. Even if we can't make 17+ wins, Sanders will entertain. I have better hopes for this year than I did last year. Majority of them start with the guard defense we might have.

Buy the tickets to be a part of the program. When it turns, it's like Curly says, there's nothing like bringing in the herd! ( You may not be old enough to remember City Slickers? )

You realize that's a highlight video?

(And, just to be accurate, none of them were nothing but net.)

Good points. W\hen he had the choice, EJ should have gotten that other highly recruited guard instead of Sanders. Oh wait....

Be happy he's here, and wish him well, for the sake of all of us. After the crap we have been through with this team, I cannot understand why we don't appreciate the kids we've got. Hope for better recruits in the future, sure, but root for the guys who are here now trying to get us there.

Good points. W\hen he had the choice, EJ should have gotten that other highly recruited guard instead of Sanders. Oh wait....

Be happy he's here, and wish him well, for the sake of all of us. After the crap we have been through with this team, I cannot understand why we don't appreciate the kids we've got. Hope for better recruits in the future, sure, but root for the guys who are here now trying to get us there.
This kid will be a star, no doubt about it !!!!!!!!!!

This kid will be a star, no doubt about it !!!!!!!!!!

This "program savior" mentality is why I feel many here are trying to remain cautiously optimistic, which comes across as negativity.

No one person will be a savior to a basketball team. I don't know why that program savior mentality even exist.

Reactions: bac2therac
No one person will be a savior to a basketball team. I don't know why that program savior mentality even exist.

Maybe it was EJ or maybe it was Corey, but one of those two guys definitely put some juice back into the program. That's why it exists.

But a savior? Corey will not win games this season by himself. And no kid 18 years old deserves that kind of pressure.

Coaches and the team will throw some juice into this program. He is a very valuable piece.

Some people view it as pressure some view it as an opportunity, all depends on what kind of athlete he is mentally.

Some people view it as pressure some view it as an opportunity, all depends on what kind of athlete he is mentally.

Yeah, but still.A savior doesn't win games. And a freshman athlete isn't the most mentally prepared usually. Give that to Greg Lewis.

ADVERTISEMENT