ADVERTISEMENT

Damn! Bedell is transferring

When people don't read or fail to comprehend they should be called out. My original post was a lounge and cheek jab at those that called out Meyer as a bad guy when what occurred happens at every school including Rutgers. It was very apparent on that other thread that 90% of the Meyer bashers never even bothered to read the OP linked story. But that didn't stop them making things up.

"Maybe you can buy a sense of humor from MO"

Stepping away from the pissing match; did the kid ever get on the field for a game?

Kids transfer all the time for a host of reasons.

You guys are whack. If a kid is forced out, well, that is best for the program. Its a cold world out there.

Kids transfer all the time for a host of reasons.

You guys are whack. If a kid is forced out, well, that is best for the program. Its a cold world out there.
Don't you know Rutgers is a special place where all those dirty tricks of the trade in major college football do not exist? That Rutgers is better than every other program out there? LOL. I can guarantee the same jag offs with their panties in a bunch over mean white bus are the same ones who are running to the school to complain about their kids being bullied or the teacher not treating their kid the right way.

Let's not get carried away here. Either you're new around here, have never been to a tailgate, or think that we Rutgers fans all sing Koombaya My Lord before every game. WhiteBus is a Rutgers fans through and through. Period.
And his dog is awesome.

Reactions: demauroj
There's a fine line for the "pushing a kid out thing." Here's an example.
A coach wants to talk to a kid, tells him "Hey, I had high hopes for you coming our of high school and you have done absolutely everything we have asked you both field and in the classroom. But to be honest with you I don't ever see you get a lot of playing time here. Now I know you love football and there are a couple of other coaches I know that think you could play for them tomorrow and they would love to have you as part of their program."
Did the kid get pushed out?
A few kids each year will be approached with something like this. It's standard operating procedure in college football across the country.

The issue/reason that people take exception to conjecture presented by White Bus in this thread is really not that difficult to understand . When someone at one of those big/historic programs does something (even perceived) wrong....it becomes a story. Jim Harbaugh is a high profile guy, who came in from a high profile NFL job and is being paid premium bucks. This makes him a target for a higher degree of scrutiny.

• A story about Jim Harbaugh forcing a kid (who is recovering from a playing injury) out is fair game.
  • For a Rutgers fan to create even a vague link back to that story based on an RU transfer without any back-up facts is dirty pool.
Being an RU fan is generally not as easy as being a fan of a traditional winning/historic program with tons of money and tons of high profile boosters footing the bill. On this RU fan board there are already a significant amount of posters already down on RU for many things on the field, in recruiting as well as with facilities. This is perpetuated by trolls from other programs who come here to stir up trouble. So the question is, why would an RU fan create more negative innuendo (even in a tongue in cheek way) and perpetuate even more negative feelings about RU though conjecture without any factual back-up or reference? If the intention is just to manufacture more bad feelings about RU then it is in fact trolling.

Furthermore - people can't have it both ways. It is hypocritical to say that Kyle Flood is a stand-up good man to his family and team to a fault ....... and at the same time say that he is participating in under-handed type dealings to discard players under the guise of "everybody does it".

Does anyone really know what happened?

IMO at one end of the spectrum: Bedell could have just decided he was not advancing as fast as he hoped and he was too far down the depth chart. Hence he decided to transfer. For all I know, Coach Flood could have encouraged him to stay, suggesting that it was too early to bail and that he could well catch on as time went on and get significant playing time by the time he graduated. Having been a high school coach of a different sport, I know that this does happen - though I have zero idea if it was the case here.

IMO at the other end of the spectrum, Coach Flood could have sat down with him and told him he would never see the field here and that he should look elsewhere if he ever wanted to get playing time.

Or the actual situation could have been anywhere in between these two extremes.

IMO comparing it to Harbaugh's situation is comparing apples and oranges. Harbaugh is trying to transition to his guys as rapidly as possible, so he wants the players that he doesn't see as being valuable to step aside so that he can get his guys in there more quickly. I have no idea what actually went down.

The only thing I am pretty sure of is that he and Coach Flood are quite different personalities and so are likely to approach such issues in a different manner.

Reactions: Rokodesh
The issue/reason that people take exception to conjecture presented by White Bus in this thread is really not that difficult to understand . When someone at one of those big/historic programs does something (even perceived) wrong....it becomes a story. Jim Harbaugh is a high profile guy, who came in from a high profile NFL job and is being paid premium bucks. This makes him a target for a higher degree of scrutiny..

And things don't become a story at RU?

When people don't read or fail to comprehend they should be called out. My original post was a lounge and cheek jab at those that called out Meyer as a bad guy when what occurred happens at every school including Rutgers. It was very apparent on that other thread that 90% of the Meyer bashers never even bothered to read the OP linked story. But that didn't stop them making things up.
Speaking of not reading, the other thread was about Harbaugh. Just saying.

Pretty candid, and pretty clear was only because he did not like the campus/layout:

"I committed to the program because of Coach Panagos and Coach Rossi," Bedell said. "Those guys are quality people as coaches and just as regular people. That was the reason why I went there to begin with and then I slowly realized that I have to be happy there, too. It's not just about the coaches I'm working with. It's about the actual location and I just wanted to be happy as far as my academic life went, too. So I just needed to find someplace that fit me a little bit better as far as that went."

"The football part was great. I had nothing against the football part. It's just the actual student life and living on a city kind of campus. It just wasn't really me."

And Duggan's comment: "If he was starting at DE would he be transferring, I don't know. But from talking to him and people familiar with his situation, he's not blowing smoke about not being happy on campus. Again, he's going to Montana. It's not like he's transferring to Monmouth."

Fire Flood. He should have made the campuses more bucolic. Some folks have to realize that sometimes kids want something different, and Rutgers is not what they want.

Reactions: redking
Knight. My post was tongue and cheek to those that were "outraged" about what happened at Michigan. It's the nature of the beast. Rutgers is no better or worse than any big 5 team. Simply that is my point. The big difference is the kid from Michigan went public. Every year, every team has to thin the heard. Every kid has a different story but it happens at every school. I'm one of those. Funny story.
I believe the phrase is "tongue in cheek".

Reactions: late knight
As a UNH alumnus too, I hope he checks out Durham, NH too. Fairly rural up there and not as far from family.

[ QUOTE="FastMJ, post: 325503, member: 2860 "I believe the phrase is "tongue in cheek".[/QUOTE]
Yes I know. Tell my Droid that. It also corrects every time I say Schiano. I get everything from Seattle, flannel or when I say it slow I get "she a no"

There isn't a person, Letterwinner who doesn't love KF as a man. Period. Including me. But let's not forget the facts. He was handed the keys to a Cadillac, [then] got the Big Ten invite and has done nothing with it.
Describing the 2011 Rutgers Football Program as "a Cadillac" speaks volumes about one's perception of that team's value in its particular marketplace.

It's not the last one. Look at the number of seniors and then look at the number of commits.
Something has to give.

As per another thread alot already; Lott daley,Kraut, Stephonson, blue, now Bedell have all left since last season. Gopre did not quaify, and I am sure I missed someone or more. There are always 5th yr seniors that dont come back too, early leavers. So the key will be 85 scholarships, not how many senior graduate, although that is major contributor.

Last edited:
Bedell is a loss. He was improving towards becoming a BIG level defensive lineman. He was exactly on course in his development as only a RS Frosh.

Fact - Bedell was not asked to leave.
Fact - Kyle Flood did absolutely everything right with this player during the spring and summer season.

First hand knowledge.

Sometimes, it just does not work out.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT