ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Breslauer stepping down

RocktheRac

Heisman Winner
Sep 10, 2001
Our own Danny Breslauer will be stepping down from his broadcasting duties effective May 17. Danny was admitted into NYU-Stern's MBA program to transition into a career in media corporate strategy. Danny told me it it was a hard decision to make but an opportunity he could not turn down. He would also like to thank all the support he has received while broadcasting the Scarlet Knights Woman's games. Your support made his job exciting and fun. Don't be surprised if you see Danny at some games next season. BEST OF LUCK DAN!

Sorry to hear this, from our perspective, but good news for him. Congratulations to Danny.

Spent some time with Danny in Chicago (B1G Tourney) and in Connecticut at the NCAA tournament Will miss trading trivia with him! He's a great young man and will be successful in whatever he attempts. Great to see a Highland Park alum doing so well.

ScarletNation,

Thank you so much for your support over the years during my sports broadcasting career. While at WRSU, WCTC & RVision, it was great to know that the Rutgers community was behind me and enjoyed my work. It was a true team effort at RVision since 2009 and it has been an incredible experience. Rutgers Athletics put together an excellent tribute today and I hope it also answers some of your questions about my life chapter decision:

http://www.scarletknights.com/genrel/051515aac.html

As I head to NYU-Stern next month to get my MBA and transition into broadcast media management, I can't promise I'll be posting like the old days... but as always, I'll bleed scarlet and take in every game as a diehard Rutgers fan. Hope all of you are well and Go RU!

Best wishes,

Danny Breslauer (aka "rutgersfandan")

Reactions: dmd78 and MADHAT1
Dan, Kudos for continuing your education and wishes for all the success in the world personally, academically and career wise .
May the path you chose, be the path that brings the most happiness.and sucess.

As someone who lives far away from New Brunswick, I particularly appreciated your work on RVision. We'll miss you, but I think everyone here also wishes you the best.

Thanks to both of you. That means a lot.

I'm thrilled I was able to follow a passion... and do it at my alma mater... for as long as I did. I'll be around for sure!

Good luck to you, Dan. You will be definitely missed on the air! Believe it or not, I can still remember you, as a high school student, proudly announcing your acceptance to Rutgers on these boards. By then, you were already a respected member of this community, and you've never disappointed us. I hope to finally meet you at a game next season.

Reactions: PhilaPhans
Best announcer we've had for RUWBB. Thanks, Dan, for making it possible for us to "be at the game" even when we couldn't be at the game. I hope you'll have a few minutes now and then to mentor whoever is next in that role!

Reactions: dmd78
ADVERTISEMENT