ADVERTISEMENT

Darian Dailey arrested in Sarasota, FL

And here's when your future comes to an abrupt end. Cause you're a moron and you cant distance yourself from your asshole friends who like to bring people down because they too have no future. I hope he is cleared but wouldnt appear likely.

This is far from the "stupid things" 18-23 year olds do. These kids are gonna be locked up.

Big difference between Partying/getting drunk and armed robbery.

Throw him off the team? We're a big time team now and need to do what every other big time program does... I say we suspend him for the first half of the Norfolk State game. (sarcasm meter on high)

Reactions: trentonrufan
Throw him off the team? We're a big time team now and need to do what every other big time program does... I say we suspend him for the first half of the Norfolk State game. (sarcasm meter on high)
That's a little harsh for his first offense. Maybe just the 1st quarter or 1st series...

Another good example of why some kids want/need to get away from home. Yiu didn't hear anything bad about this kid here but goes home and gets surrounded by HS buddies and this......
That being said, we rush to judgment often here. Let's wait for facts to come out before "throwing away the key"

Let the story play out. Maybe he was with a 'friend' and didn't know the 'friend' has a gun and what he would do. Or maybe he did.
But let the facts come out.

That's a little harsh for his first offense. Maybe just the 1st quarter or 1st series...

Do what FSU does with it's convicts like Famous Jamis and keep him out of the opening series vs. Furman.

Just a couple of common criminals. One has to wonder if this wasn't the first time this pair pulled this type of low risk robbery late at night. Addition by subtraction from a personnel standpoint for RU FB IMO. Glad that it didn't happen near RU or the SL would be having a field day on us. Book em Danno.

Reactions: gogs7
I just don't get it. Why does our name need to be in the headline? What about the other kid. Why not a headline with his current status? It's a Florida paper. I could almost see if it happened in NJ but it is fk'in Florida. It's like we have this media black cloud. I guess it is what it is.

I just don't get it. Why does our name need to be in the headline? What about the other kid. Why not a headline with his current status? It's a Florida paper. I could almost see if it happened in NJ but it is fk'in Florida. It's like we have this media black cloud. I guess it is what it is.

Our name is in the headline because a he is (was?) a football player on our team and allegedly committed the crime. We're a B1G school and that detail is worth noting. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Never mentioned conspiracy, funny you should. And I definitely do not agree with the B1G reference. But those are your opinions.

Our name is in the headline because a he is (was?) a football player on our team and allegedly committed the crime. We're a B1G school and that detail is worth noting. Not everything is a conspiracy.

It wouldn't be a story here if he weren't from Rutgers..thus Rutgers is in the headline.

Not hard to realize.

Maybe he's innocent, but if not it boggles my mind how he is willing to throw away a poosible NFL chance and an education for a few bucks they could get by armed robbery of a bicyclist.

This is incredibly sad if true. This kid had one of the TOP diplomas in the country/world waiting for him if he could have stayed out of trouble for 4 or 5 years and completed his Rutgers diploma. And now it all goes away for his share of a robbery that probably netted $100 cash and a $200 phone MAX. So sad it really is... I hate stories like this.

Didn't Dailey just have an awesome spring and win an award for being the most improved defensive player or something like that during the Spring Game?

It would be national news no matter where it happens. The kid on the gators did they same thing and the whole country finds out.

Darian we hardly knew ya

Apologize if this is insincere, but the kids is 19. He should no right from wrong at this age.

Kick him off the team. I don't want a portion of my season ticket money giving this kid a free education. Sorry.

If it turns out he's innocent, I apologize.

Apologize if this is insincere, but the kids is 19. He should no right from wrong at this age.

Kick him off the team. I don't want a portion of my season ticket money giving this kid a free education. Sorry.

If it turns out he's innocent, I apologize.

Or you hold off judgement until more facts are known, then there would be no need to apologize .

Reactions: BLewis1968
After we let him go, he can go play for Fla.State and Jimbo will get the charges dropped.

A good reason not to get on a soapbox about how clean things are, we are one or two incidents away from that view being tarnished to some degree. A very bad mistake by the young man and if it looks to be true, then he should be removed from the team. Hopefully we won't hear the same type of rationalization by "fans" that we hear all over. If you want to be viewed as a "clean" program..you have to walk the walk.

This guy was a big time talent who had a ton of potential. He's done.
Offers from Ball St, Toledo, Kent St, Tulane and us...potential maybe... not looking like a big-time talent though.

Offers from Ball St, Toledo, Kent St, Tulane and us...potential maybe... not looking like a big-time talent though.

He was going to play lots this year, as he had done well in spring. Thankfully we've got others who can fill in like Wharton and Austin.

And this is why we should never throw stones at other schools. 18-23 yr old students do stupid things. He will be suspended or kicked off the team by Monday.
Exactly. Happens everywhere. Just in the SEC a lot more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Suspend him from team , stating when more information is received concerning his involvement, further action will be taken.
But for now he's suspended from all RU FB activities until further notice.

I guess Fuller becomes a priority this year. Plus, now we have one additional ship!
Always look at the bright side.....:americanflag:

Suspend him from team , stating when more information is received concerning his involvement, further action will be taken.

I agree. Best and fairest plan of action.

Totally agree that if he did what the article says he did.... then Dailey deserves to get booted off the team and also he deserves to get in some serious legal trouble as we just cannot have people feeling afraid to go on bike rides because somebody might pull over and put a gun in their face.

BUT and this is a big BUT...

This is America and you are innocent until proven guilty. I disagree that would should suspend him now, figure out everything, and then decide if he is innocent or guilty. I disagree with this course of action because this is essentially finding him guilty and punishing him(i.e kicking him off the team) before we even know all of the facts in the case.

Totally agree that if he did what the article says he did.... then Dailey deserves to get booted off the team and also he deserves to get in some serious legal trouble as we just cannot have people feeling afraid to go on bike rides because somebody might pull over and put a gun in their face.

BUT and this is a big BUT...

This is America and you are innocent until proven guilty. I disagree that would should suspend him now, figure out everything, and then decide if he is innocent or guilty. I disagree with this course of action because this is essentially finding him guilty and punishing him(i.e kicking him off the team) before we even know all of the facts in the case.

Suspending Dailey now is the prudent course of action since he was positively identified by the victim .
http://www.app.com/story/news/2015/05/24/rutgers-football-sarasota-robbery/27879461/

Suspending Dailey now is the prudent course of action since he was positively identified by the victim .
http://www.app.com/story/news/2015/05/24/rutgers-football-sarasota-robbery/27879461/

Based on the way Rutgers has handled situations like this in the past, I think that Dailey IS going to be suspended..... but I still am not sure it is the best way to handle these situations.

What if this kid is innocent? You have just punished a kid for something he did not do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT