ADVERTISEMENT

debate/discussion material

ea_1

Junior
Dec 15, 2013
First, a question: Is the banquet today?

Second, this article, from February, examines a topic that has been raised in the past here. The examination is not particularly robust, but it gives a broader view with respect to different teams being included.

Personally, I think people forget (or dismiss?) the role of injuries to key players in how well a team performs at the end of the season. Going backward in the time machine for one example, what would have happened if Lee & Oliver could have played to capacity (or at all, at times) their final years?

This post was edited on 4/12 2:03 PM by ea_1

This post was edited on 4/12 2:04 PM by ea_1

https://globalhoopsbasketball.wordpress.com/2015/02/14/womens-basketball-correlation-between-recruiting-rankings-and-on-court-success/

Injuries do play an important role, but I've also noticed that recruiting rankings in WCBB sometimes are unreliable. (And, of course, fit matters.)

67's photo with the team (see above link) is appropriate as he was cited as the person who made the banquet happen. CViv said it was the last banquet several times. I don't think that was her idea but Julie's. I hope we learn the reason they want to have an event that honors ALL athletes and ALL teams. Personally, I am sad that our team won't have this event at the end of the season when we can honor them.

So we all knew Essie Davis would be the defensive player of the year. So what? It was nice to hear her reaction and her tribute to her grandmother. Same for Betnijah. I knew she was MVP in my book but it was nice to see it confirmed by others.

Also, thank you to those (Kathy Duff of Cagers especially) who made it possible for me to attend. I had been told it was sold out early on and thought I wouldn't be able to go. I was surprised and happy to get the phone call last week asking me if I wanted beef, chicken or pasta.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT