ADVERTISEMENT

DESHAWN FREEMAN COMMITS TO RUTGERS!!!!

Welcome to the Banks Deshawn!!!

Seriously, What a class EJ has brought in now. Two 4 star players, multiple quality 3 stars, filled many positions. Very excited about this team now.

:):D;):cool:

I have been very critical of the program for quite some time. I never expected the staff to land Freeman. So, great job in recruiting this individual. High energy kid with a lot of passion for the game. A quality addition for the program. Staff overcame a great deal of negative recruiting to land him.

Reactions: Aggs
This is terrific. Now we have that other PF that we needed so badly. I think he and Foreman should do well. I thought Hype and several others said we had no shot. This team I feel now has some options. Now we need to win some games.

I wanna hear Hype's take. Weren't we a long shot? lol I think it's time I stop taking your posts seriously...

WELCOME DESHAWN! Excellent pickup. Legit 2015 recruiting class.

Welcome to the Banks, Mr. Freeman!!! I hope you have a great time on and off the court!!!

Wow that is a big time get because it opens up eyes that Jordan can get pass negative recruiting. I'm shocked I tell you. Plus those RAC renovations must be amazing lol

I've been down on Eddie's recruiting but I have to admit that with the addition of Freeman this class has shaped up pretty good.

Nice job landing some getable guys with ability.

Hype said he would commit to Va. Tech after his visit. I'm just glad he was wrong.

Hype can certainly defend himself, but my recollection is that he felt we had a good shot to land Freeman. I like Hype's contributions to the site and hope he continues to provide information. None of us are perfect when it comes to recruiting and in my mind I enjoy hearing all points of view - negative and positive. I concede that I tend to agree with Hype more often than not so I may be biased. That said, I enjoy all viewpoints regardless of my beliefs and hope all posters continue to contribute.

Most importantly, very good job by the staff on Freeman.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Didn't think this could happen at all times, but I thought it got better at the end.

Nonetheless, this is a tremendous job by EJ and staff. Tremendous.

early depth chart predictions?

PG - Sanders, Daniels, Goode
SG - Williams, Ryan Johnson
SF - Freeman, Kejuan Johnson/Laurent
PF - Lewis, Foreman
C - Doorson, Diallo

early depth chart predictions?

PG - Sanders, Daniels, Goode
SG - Williams, Ryan Johnson
SF - Freeman, Kejuan Johnson/Laurent
PF - Lewis, Foreman
C - Doorson, Diallo

Much improved lineup IMO. Watching the development of Freeman and Foreman should be fun to watch at Forward.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Gleason-Palmer%20-%20And%20Away%20We%20Go.jpg

I see things a little differently.

PG- Sanders (backup, Williams or Goode or Batie, Dadika in a pinch)
SG- Daniels, Williams, Goode (even Ryan Johnson to get taller at times)
SF- Laurent, J. Johnson, R. Johnson
PF- Freeman, Foreman (in a pinch maybe Lewis)
C- Lewis, Diallo, Doorson

We now have so many more options at so many positions. Hopefully we can push the ball more and play more on the ball defense so we can get more offense. This should be exciting. I can see us playing 3 freshman at times with Laurent, Sanders and Diallo and against a zone maybe even four if Goode or Ryan Johnson is on the floor.

Rokodesh,g ood stuff. Knights1212, i think we see the same here. I like that lineup. I like laurent and Dejuan johnson a 3 and like you said, a taller-pretty decent shooter in ryan johnson at 2.

I don't think i've been this excited for a season. I think with the addition of freeman, this team can win 16+ games. I am very excited. I love our serviceable depth.

Are you Sh^^ing me..wow! (in a VERY good way)...I just clicked over here just to check in on what I thought would be another ho-hum news day and this! I had to shake my head and read it twice. Holy Crow. NICE! :)

Freeman can play. Terrific get.

In two short years post-Rice, Eddie and Co. have done a very nice job putting a roster together. I have been a pretty vocal "Eddie supporter" and getting 15 kids (!) in two years to commit to playing at RU in the wake of the Rice blow up has been a testament to the effort, hard work and dedication this staff has exhibited since arriving.

Hype can certainly defend himself, but my recollection is that he felt we had a good shot to land Freeman. I like Hype's contributions to the site and hope he continues to provide information. None of us are perfect when it comes to recruiting and in my mind I enjoy hearing all points of view - negative and positive. I concede that I tend to agree with Hype more often than not so I may be biased. That said, I enjoy all viewpoints regardless of my beliefs and hope all posters continue to contribute.

Most importantly, very good job by the staff on Freeman.

This is what hype said about RU getting Freeman ( when talking about 3 possible commits): ".keep dreaming....only one RU has a remote shot with is Freeman." and I wouldn't consider that a ringing endorsement.
Hype has a lot of knowledge he can share, but it seems like he is down on RU MBB and readily points out the negative, while minimizing anything that might be considered positive where RU MBB is concerned.

I'm just glad that " remote chance" became a positive and one of the two RU didn't have a chance with ( according to hype)committed , leaving only one of the three that were being discusses as a potential Scarlet Knight.

Recruiting is starting to look up and hopefully continue to bring in the recruits that will start RU MBB on the road to success :)

This is tremendous news -- both on the court and perception. Look, we're all Rutgers diehards or we wouldn't be here in the middle of a work day. So, I have no problem with being called out by Chop or anyone else. If people stake out a position on the board, they need to accept it when they're wrong. And more importantly, be happy for the good news.

Great get, position of need, now filled, and filled with talent. Awesome news.

ADVERTISEMENT