ADVERTISEMENT

Did any SEC schools have no one drafted?

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
Just wondering? I wonder how many Power 5!schools had no draftees?

Some just hold on to bitterness a smidge too long! o_O

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Power 5 schools w/out player drafted: Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Illinois, ISU, UNC, NC State, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Vandy</p>&mdash; Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) <a href="">May 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: RUgrad75
Actually broke a 51-yr streak of having at least 1 player drafted for Vols.

So Tennessee and Vanderbilt both dont have any players drafted.

I can see why JG didnt want to go to Ohio State. That Vandy Tennessee rivalry sounds like so much more fun compared to Ohio State Michigan.

Oh right Tennessee. Anyone going there and thinking they are going to go to the NFL, better think again.
You do realize that last year Rutgers was in the same position? Should Rutgers recruits think again? In fact Tennessee had more players drafted in the last two years then Rutgers.

We were on the younger side last year. I don't know about Tennessee.

Though I know what happened at Syracuse. Their coach doesn't have the time to think about NFL scouts with ISIS beheading people.

You do realize that last year Rutgers was in the same position? Should Rutgers recruits think again? In fact Tennessee had more players drafted in the last two years then Rutgers.
"then Rutgers" what? Don't you mean "than".

The previous year we had 7 drafted, which left us quite young and therefore not many draft-eligible players. The UTjr fans on tMB talk more shit than any other fanbase--so much so that it annoys many of the other posters--because Butch has a good recruiting class. The thing is, UTjr almost always has good or great recruiting classes, so the fact that they went draftless this year is notable primarily because of the intense trash-talking they do. They are living on past glory, which is frequently pointed out but, as fans will do, they combine the success of 20 years ago with the optimism of recruiting and have no doubt they will dominate again. PSU and UM are in the same position, and it remains to be seen how well they pull it off.

Why don't you go haunt your own board?

Hey nut, psu was 90 seconds away from a losing record and no bowl last year. You guys lucked out last year. Not this year. We should pound you in crappy valley.

Tennessee State (176. Tennessee State OG Robert Myers to Baltimore Ravens) had more players drafted the Tenn.

Maybe JG gives them a look now?
(Yes I am being facetious)

lol at people arguing we had no draft picks last year because we were young proceeding to talk smack about Tennessee. Judging by how young the UT 2 deep was last season, zero draft picks will not be a trend. I think we should be more worried about having 2 players drafted in the last 2 seasons, with only 1 of them squeaking in to Day 2. Hopefully Carroo and company get the ball rolling again next draft.

A single draft doesn't really give a good picture. If you want something meaningful, you'd need to take a look at least at a four to five year window if not more.

lol at people arguing we had no draft picks last year because we were young proceeding to talk smack about Tennessee. Judging by how young the UT 2 deep was last season, zero draft picks will not be a trend. I think we should be more worried about having 2 players drafted in the last 2 seasons, with only 1 of them squeaking in to Day 2. Hopefully Carroo and company get the ball rolling again next draft.

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Make it a 3 year look back, when there were 7 RU players drafted in 2013 including 2 in the 2nd day, and things look mighty different.

ADVERTISEMENT