ADVERTISEMENT

Did anybody watch the NFL Draft last night?

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
I clicked by it just after 10 PM, and there had only been 17 draft picks made at that point. I just can't be bothered watching something that dull.

I watched up until the Jets Pick. A real Snoozefest. No excitement at that point, everything went pretty much according to plan. And having checked the picks in the morning, looks like it continued. No trades of note so not much excitement.

For me, its always about who goes to the Jets, and maybe the top 5 picks, but don't really care after that except if a Rutgers guy is going in the first round, then I may watch for a while.

It sure seemed like it went faster than previously. Few teams went down to the wire. The lack of last minute trades took some of the drama away especially when it became clear Tennessee was holding on to the the #2 pick.

I was a bit shocked the Washington DB was taken with the on and off field issues over his career. He must be super talented.

Once the Giants picked (9th) I stopped watching.

I will watch to see their two picks tonight.

I think the NFL needs to try to speed things up, make it two days instead of three. Have the first two rounds on a Friday, and the last 5 on Saturday. Have the times between picks like the NBA has. Rounds 3-7, two minutes between picks.

i watched until around 10:30 or so, just to see the reaction from the Eagles fans on their pick and to see what Chip was going to do. From pick #10 until that time they were basically taking a commercial break in between each pick. Very boring but i watched nonetheless.

I think the NFL needs to try to speed things up, make it two days instead of three. Have the first two rounds on a Friday, and the last 5 on Saturday. Have the times between picks like the NBA has. Rounds 3-7, two minutes between picks.
the rating for the draft have gone up since they went to the 3 days.

I watched at the gym during my workout from pick 5 to 14. After dinner I checked to see what the Patriots did. It was more fun last year to watch Johnny football fall down the board. It reminded me of cliffhangers on the price is right. Plus the bar I was at last year was awesome. This year it is closed. What I'm really trying to say here is that I miss my bar.

The teams were making decisions sooner than normal but the announcements by the Commissioner were delayed I guess according to ESPN directions.

I didn't watch but I sure noticed who the Giants and Jets picked. Monsters among men. Good picks in my opinion.

I watched by flipping occasionally away from the Ranger game, just to see if Chip Kelly had really removed the Liberty Bell from Independence Hall to ship to Tennessee. Turns out he was full of hot air, as expected.

They really need entertainment like performers, especially on the first day.

I would mix it up with performers and include cheerleader doing their famous dance.

No one wants to see Godell announcing name with his goofy smile.

Hire a comedian to host the draft show like Chris Rock, Jay Leno, etc.

I think NFL could do a lot than just announce names of players that only draft analysts know.

NFL is loaded and can afford to put on some Tier 1 acts like Madonna, Elton John, Tony Bennett, etc.

The NFL commish , Goodell (sp?) was booed unmercifully. I got to think the NFL owners are conscious of how unpopular he is. At 40 million year (wow) he can probably be fired, get a nice golden parachute, and live happily ever after.

I watched by flipping occasionally away from the Ranger game, just to see if Chip Kelly had really removed the Liberty Bell from Independence Hall to ship to Tennessee. Turns out he was full of hot air, as expected.
How was he full of hot air? He consistently said he wouldn't trade his entire draft for any one player. Seems like he was true to his word.

A comedian? Madonna? You're joking right? The draft is for NFL junkies, let's not make it into the Super Bowl halftime show.

I clicked by it just after 10 PM, and there had only been 17 draft picks made at that point. I just can't be bothered watching something that dull.
I have no earthly idea why anyone would "watch" the draft. We had our monthly poker game Thursday night and a couple of guys were actually trying to argue for having the draft on in the background instead of the Rangers-Caps game. Sanity prevailed and we left an actual, exciting sport on the TV.

ADVERTISEMENT