ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone see Todderick's Rene story?

I'm not sure about that Shill. But I guess you have premium so you'd know better than me. Have we heard he is a take for OSU, because Eleven Warriors still says no.

Sounds like if Rene has a committable offer from OSU, he will take it. He's supposed to find out today from Meyer.

Sounds like if Rene has a committable offer from OSU, he will take it. He's supposed to find out today from Meyer.

If this is the case, and if Todderick knows this info, why would he write the article the way he did? Now if he does pick OSU, its a bigger disappointment.

If this is the case, and if Todderick knows this info, why would he write the article the way he did? Now if he does pick OSU, its a bigger disappointment.

Most of the information were quotes from Rene's Canadian coach.

Well, this could be a scenario in which OSU doesn't have room for both Rene and Jordan Fuller. Perhaps we get the one who doesn't become a Buckeye.

Fudgie the whale is good. Also a big fan of cookie pus and the st pattys day cake

This committable/non-committable offer crap has got to stop. Somehow coaches like Urban Cryer have turned scholarship offers into non-committable offers.

This is exactly why I no longer read those "Stud Lineman Has RU In His Top Three" type articles. They mean nothing. I guess I've finally become jaded by the whole process. I'm not so jaded that I won't read a verbal commitment article, but recruiting updates? Hmmph. I think TH does a great job, but I'm starting to suffer from the boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Reactions: iReC89 and redking
FWIW, prior to Rene's tOSU's camp event, 247sports crystal ball had him 71% RU. -As of today, that percentage has jumped to 82% RU, (with one of the 4 new predictions that upped the % coming from Alex Gleitman of the Ohio State Insider "Bucknuts").

Hey, as with all predictions regarding recruiting, take that with a grain of salt. (I know I am.) -But still, better to see things seeming to be on the positive side instead of the opposite.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Until I see it on signing day, February 2016 , I sincerely doubt Rene is coming to RUTGERS .It would be great but it's like a broken record now with these 4* type players. This next class will be much better than their number of **** indicate.Ohio State would take him if only to keep him away from a conference opponent . Recruiting is a funny game and Meyers plays it well.

Ohio State would take him if only to keep him away from a conference opponent .

No way the Liar takes a player who he didn't really want just to keep a kid away from RU. Stop exaggerating how much of a threat RU presently is to O$U. Maybe in a few years it will be different, but he's not wasting a scholarship to keep RU from getting someone.

great, that would make 2 straight years where our top recruit is only here because the school they actually wanted to go to didn't uphold their offer

Toderick Hunt asks a lot of leading questions when he interviews these recruits. For example, the Canadian wr who went to ND, was asked "if everything went perfectly during your Rutgers visit, would you be close to making a decision" and was asked "to talk about all the love that he was feeling from RU". This then turns into article headlines of "Top Target May Commit At End OF Visit To RU"

Todderick Hunt is just playing Lucy again yes this kid will pull the ball away at the last second and sign with OSU.

No Rutgers' Fans are Charley Brown! Todd is Schultz (sp), the writer

No way the Liar takes a player who he didn't really want just to keep a kid away from RU. Stop exaggerating how much of a threat RU presently is to O$U. Maybe in a few years it will be different, but he's not wasting a scholarship to keep RU from getting someone.
Whose exaggerating ?...it goes on all over college football and especially since Rene's high school coach has been quoted as saying that three other underclass teammates all 4 or 5 stars have a great desire to follow him...guess what local shill ( it's not only about Rutgers}I might take that chance if I'm Meyers...This would NOT be wasting a schollie

Last edited:
Whose exaggerating ?...it goes on all over college football and especially since Rene's high school coach has been quoted as saying that three other underclass teammates all 4 or 5 stars have a great desire to follow him...guess what local shill ( it's not only about Rutgers}I might take that chance if I'm Meyers...This would NOT be wasting a schollie

Yes, Meyer needs these package deals to get highly ranked recruits. Have you seen the commitments he has for 2017 already?

Hey guys, just came over here to keep you in the loop. The "hurry up" which is a nightly recruiting piece from 11warriors dropped today. If this is indeed a 2 horse race between RU and OSU you can go ahead and pencil him into the 2016 class. Again things could flip on it's head, I seen some wild stories in the past, but if things stay as they are Rene should be committing to you guys shortly. I posted the link so you guys don't think I'm making stuff up. Jeremy Birmingham by the way is a great free source when it comes to all things buckeye recruiting. I recommend keeping an eye on him for recruits who have interest in both osu and ru, he's usually right and it's free info.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...g-up-jarvis-had-big-visit-2018-gets-five-star

Most things point to RU. This would be an awesome get. Hopefully he opens the door for other higher profile guys. I hope Malcolm Pridgeon is willing to recommit as well.

Who knows though. Remember when we thought Kaleb Johnson's brother was a lock and he committed to Georgia Tech? I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

Last edited:
No prob LC. Patrice put the coaches in a rough situation. He did everything plus some to have a committable offer, but when your rolling like the bucks are right now you have to turn away some potential game changing athletes. You'll here no complaints from me as long as he picks RU.

Reactions: Rokodesh
RU fans can never be happy about anything. Many fans say "The Star Liar" has an axe to grind with Rutgers. They say that other schools always have positive articles about their teams, but RU does not. That papers in other parts of the country are total "Homers". Some RU fans were critical of Tom Luicci because he was too balanced and not enough of a "Homer". Now Todderick Hunt is a total "Homer" and that is not good enough either. Sheesh.
He is a total Homer, but I am fine with it. I think that recruits reading these articles would rather see RU in the running at least, instead of not even being considered. I know it is frustrating. I am frustrated with all the near misses too. Over perform and the recruits will come. Until then, I think positive is better than negative.

RU fans can never be happy about anything. Many fans say "The Star Liar" has an axe to grind with Rutgers. They say that other schools always have positive articles about their teams, but RU does not. That papers in other parts of the country are total "Homers". Some RU fans were critical of Tom Luicci because he was too balanced and not enough of a "Homer". Now Todderick Hunt is a total "Homer" and that is not good enough either. Sheesh.
He is a total Homer, but I am fine with it. I think that recruits reading these articles would rather see RU in the running at least, instead of not even being considered. I know it is frustrating. I am frustrated with all the near misses too. Over perform and the recruits will come. Until then, I think positive is better than negative.

I don't think the Star Ledger is anti-Rutgers per say. I do think, however, that for a period of time there they had a particular group of writers who weren't happy with Flood and especially Julie Hermann. I mean it was pretty obvious that Politi was going after Hermann day in and day out after her comments. I think more than anything they had an agenda to get those at the top fired to bring in new people. They definitely did bring harm to the program.

Recently, they've cooled on the negative articles and have been pretty pro-Flood, pro-Hermann lately.

Well, as stated in my earlier post in this thread, attach whatever significance you do, (or don't), to such things, but as of today, 7/29, 247sports crystal ball prediction for Rene is now up to 89% RU.

Hey, we've all seen times before where it looked like a recruiting situation was going to go "R" way and it didn't. -But as of right now, anyway, the numbers are certainly trending in the correct direction.

When you turn out to be wrong about this, what will you say?
Like Charlie Brown I will be pleasantly surprised. And will be impressed that Rutgers is finally getting some Cache' in the world of sports.
As of latest development it would appear that osu's desire for a NJ recruit (Fuller) is actually pushing Rene our way? Strange world!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT